• You cannot reply to this topic

98 Custom bolt&powertube looking for definitive answer

#1 User is offline   C.Hathcock 

• Woodsballer!!
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:C.Hatcock

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:51 PM

I did a search for any previous post about which bolt and/or powertube work well in the 98 Custom. I didn't feel satisfied with what 3 posts came up. I am a woodsballer only. I have a 14" pathfinder barrel, expansion chamber, and was looking at the dead-on bolt and powertube combo. Looking for someone that has it or another one that they really like. Also, how is CO2 consumption with it/them.
Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. -Thomas Jefferson

#2 User is offline   little_ben 

• Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:40 PM

the rufas dawg wicked bolt (dead on bolt ur talkin bout) will increase youre accuracy to an extent, everybody but 1 person on my team have them in thier markers (including me) and love them. they dont do much if anything for air effiecency, it says it does on the package but i havent noticed a difference.

#3 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:40 AM

Aftermarket Power Tubes and Front Bolts for a 98 dont really Improve Performance and its a Waste of Money, so save your money for something more useful and keep the Stock Power Tube and Front Bolt.

Also, the only time you would need a replace the Power Tube is when its Cracked.

And if you must know....I have a 98 Custom, not the Custom Pro w/ACT....the Old School 98 Custom.

#4 User is offline   Big Wojo 

• We're Just Not Born With Enough Middle Fingers
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BigWojo

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:42 AM

I too use an old school 98c and i bought an after market power tube just because it was metal instead of plastic, well that and i got a cyclone feed and you need a different power tube. One thing i did notice is the metal power tubes do and a little more noise then a platic one.
-=Commander of the 501st Special Forces Unit=-

http://www.badgerbrigades.com/

#5 User is offline   C.Hathcock 

• Woodsballer!!
  • Pip

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking more and more about keeping the factory until it does crack. Mine also is the old school 98C, not the ACT. I really don't want to make it any louder. If anything I want to try and quieten it. I was thinking about putting a rocket cock II on it. Some people have said they made theirs quieter.Thanks for the input, much appreciated.
Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. -Thomas Jefferson

#6 User is offline   Gfei 

• Paintball Junky
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gfei

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

I have a rocket cock on mine, it will sound quieter from your perspective, but to anyone else; the sound projecting out the barrel will be exactly the same. It is still very nice to have though, it works great for keeping crap from the woods (or paint) out of your gun. They're not that expensive, so I would definitely recommend one.

Chris

This post has been edited by Gfei: 02 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:29 AM

98c and A5 front bolt are the same. I had a shocktech one. It did help a bit in air efficency. No difference on noise. I found a slight improvement on flight. Seemed that the ball didn't drop as early.

#8 User is offline   C.Hathcock 

• Woodsballer!!
  • Pip

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:07 AM

Well I went ahead and used the factory bolt and powertube when I just put my gun back together. And I am pleased with my upgrades so far. I was shooting at about 50-60 feet, at a pole about 6" or so in diameter, and if not hitting it I was only 4" off one side or the other. This was standing up by the way, probably better if lying on the ground. I'm pretty sure about the rocket cock though. Thanks for evryones help.

#9 User is offline   C.Hathcock 

• Woodsballer!!
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:46 AM

Tryed it the other day with marbelizers...simply amazing! Very accurate with these. Also, my first time using marbs. I dont think I'll ever use anything else. That first test was with wally world big balls. Not even a close comparisen

#10 User is offline   airforce 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:airforce

Post icon  Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:10 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Sep 27 2007, 12:40 AM, said:

Aftermarket Power Tubes and Front Bolts for a 98 dont really Improve Performance and its a Waste of Money, so save your money for something more useful and keep the Stock Power Tube and Front Bolt.

Also, the only time you would need a replace the Power Tube is when its Cracked.

And if you must know....I have a 98 Custom, not the Custom Pro w/ACT....the Old School 98 Custom.

I have an old school 98 custom with the jcs bolt and power tube assembly and a cyclone feed and I am not very happy with the power tube. It is alittle louder, and kinda seems like a wast of $.....but I will keep the delrin front bolt, and get a shocktech back bolt so it is lighter and quieter. With the delrin parts is should kick less and be more acurate because of it.
Blessed be the lord who teacheth my hand to war and my fingers to fight Psalm 144-1

#11 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hatchet88

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:59 PM

run a search on the forums, type in "98" and "quiet" with a space in between them. It comes up with a few topics, one mentions all the mods you can do fairly cheaply to quiet a 98c. Maybe if you add the word "mod" in it'll bring you up to the original post. Something about silicone feet on the hammer, lithium grease, and foam in the hollow spots. Something like that.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

^I think I'll just leave it that way. It suits me.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users