• You cannot reply to this topic

What Longbow marker to choose??? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MooSE34 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MOOSE34

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a sniper setup, but having a hard time deciding what base marker to build it off of. Was wondering if you guys can help me out with some of the pros and cons of the 3 markers I'm looking at for a longbow setup:
Ion blackcell longbow
AGD Tac Longbow
or the T9 Longbow

Any descriptions of reliability, noise, accuracy, weight, etc etc would be much appreciated.
Thanks! B)

#2 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

Get the Automag. The others just DO NOT compare in terms of quality and reliability. Accuracy is based upon your air source and paint to barrel match. But I am convinced my Mag is the most accurate marker I've shot. You should be able to find the base weights with a little research, but I like how my Mag feels in my hands. Mags are also quiet.

The Ion is also a decent choice, but the actual quality and craftsmanship of the marker is extremely lower than what you'd be getting from AGD. Also, try just getting an X-Valve'd Mag. The actual X-Valve is silly for sniping. Don't waste money on the Longbow, do your research. The X-Valve is most consistent (re: accurate) when fired in a long string unless you have an adjustable tank, then you can SORT OF customize how the Valve recharges. Basically if you shoot one shot every few seconds with the AGD Longbow, you'll see FPS fluctuations maybe +/-8 regardless of your paint (to some extent at least). But when you're shooting a string, say at 8bps for a second or two, you'll get +/-1 fps, no joke. It's just how the Valve works. But the Mag is still the best choice out of all those. Just don't buy into the Spec Ops crap. A Mag with a Lvl7 Bolt and Classic Valve would be a better "sniping" platform, is lighter, smaller, and easier on the wallet.

Nothing against the X-Valve or nothing, but do some research before you buy something, especially when it comes to expensive markers and high ends. Oh, and a Classic Mag could also use co2. A Longbow (with X-Valve) cannot.

This post has been edited by StealingYerMail: 05 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:04 PM

Exactly what SYM said. Ions=Junk. T9's are cool and all, but don't compare to a Tac One. With a Tac one, you can shoot fast if you want to. Also, it is a lot quiter, and can accept more barrels. And IMO, the Tac One Longbow looks a lot better.

#4 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

I'm going to have to agree and disagree. Ions are not junk, far from it in fact. They are a reasonably priced electro, that can perform very well. With that being said, a tac one is a much more quality marker, but that doesn't mean that an ion is junk.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#5 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:15 AM

Tac One all the way. Ive owned my Tac-One for 3 years now and it hasnt skipped a beat. It has out preformed any other marker Ive touched in terms of quality and reliability.
Ill have to agree with TheEnd. The Ion, while being cheap and widly marketed, is a decent marker. Ive used Ions for my primary markers as well as for Projects such as my G36C Ion. However, the Tac-One trumps both the T9 and Ion in my opinion. T9's are very nice and verstile, dont get me wrong, Im a Tiberius freak, but everything pales in comparison to the quality and reliability of a AGD Marker.

Check out our YouTube channel at http://youtube.com/FEARPaintball

We have a overview of the T9 and Tac-One Longbows.

This post has been edited by Enhander: 06 October 2009 - 06:16 AM

#6 User is offline   Jones 

• Isaiah 6:8
  • PipPip

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:26 AM

I don't disagree with any of the above opinions about the AGD be a great choice or even maybe the best one. All i can talk about is my experience with what i have used. I spent years trying to set back the money to get an AGD longbow then spec ops came out with the Blackcell Ion version. Since i already had an Ion this was like a dream come true for me. lol. Of course everything i read said the AGD longbow was better and all that jazz but i had to work with what i could afford. Even though i technically "settled" for the Blackcell Longbow, im glad i did. I absolutley love it. It is very quiet with the all american barrel and consistency is great because the ion already comes with a good regulator then i got an even better one off ebay and made it even more consistent. I found that even when useing crappy field paint i was still getting tight groupings. I coupled the longbow with a reflex sight and my game got even better. Some people say sights on paintball guns are useless but i disagree. Maybe for some guns it is, but for the longbow it is a great investment. I have gotten plenty of one shot kills from reasonable distances with this setup and i love it. This is also a light weight setup. its quick to roll to your shoulder and comfortable. My Ion has always been very reliable. In fact my Ion has been more reliable than my A5A2 i used to have. I can't compare it to the AGD cause i have never used one, but if you are poor like me xD the blackcell is great and i absolutely love it. I don't think i will ever sell this. Just my opinion on the Blackcell.

This post has been edited by Jones: 06 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:32 AM

There is something special in the works.....I have insider info.

You may want to wait just a bit to see the newest addition to the LongBow family!

#8 User is offline   Jones 

• PipPip

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:35 AM

View PostKrazy8, on Oct 6 2009, 11:32 AM, said:

You may want to wait just a bit to see the newest addition to the LongBow family!

O c'mon tell us a little more. lol

#9 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:43 AM

Nope.

#10 User is offline   MooSE34 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MOOSE34

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:31 AM

View PostKrazy8, on Oct 6 2009, 10:32 AM, said:

Ah man! haha I can't wait anymore!
Thanks so much for the posts so far guys, it's helped a alot. Please keep posting more as I wait and see what the big secret is... :P

#11 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

I hope its an SP1 Longbow...that would make sense :P

#12 User is offline   Jones 

• PipPip

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

View PostEnhander, on Oct 6 2009, 02:21 PM, said:

I hope its an SP1 Longbow...that would make sense :P

you know you can mount the longbow feed system for the Ion on the SP1 right? You just have to saw off the feedneck with a hacksaw.

Link to a slideshow of one- SP1 Longbow

Here are some pics of some:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Jones: 06 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

View PostKrazy8, on Oct 6 2009, 11:32 AM, said:

OOOO I know. MO told me :laugh: :ghillie:

View PostTheEnd, on Oct 5 2009, 11:00 PM, said:

I'm going to have to agree and disagree. Ions are not junk, far from it in fact. They are a reasonably priced electro, that can perform very well. With that being said, a tac one is a much more quality marker, but that doesn't mean that an ion is junk.

Sorry I meant to say...

In my experience, 80 % of the people I know hate their Ion. And I have heard way more negative things than positive things about them.

#14 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

View PostKrazy8, on Oct 6 2009, 12:43 PM, said:

Nope.

MD related? Drone... related...?

Ions aren't "junk." But the money you would be spending on an Ion, Longbow or not, and upgrades, would be better spent on a used high end. Ions are basically the middle man. You can skip it relatively easy if you wish.

I say just skip the Longbow kit altogether though. It's much more important to stay mobile and versatile than "l33t snipa," although the kits do look cool.

This post has been edited by StealingYerMail: 06 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#15 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:14 PM

Ions are great, but if your willing to spend all that money to shoot out of a 10 round magazine, might as well not build it off an Ion(go ADG). Go all the way or stay away lol.

I honesty love my ion for the simple fact that it has YET to give me any Expensive problems that could not be fixed right away(2 years old), its quiet, accurate, light(2.2 pounds? I think), shoots regulation speed for tourneys and they are easy to take apart and fix. It also worked great for my QLoader phase(dont waste your time btw).

They just have a couple of weird things about them like the feed neck(crappy and tall), power button(why not an on/off switch?), HPA only(sucks if you dont have access), etc. But for 165$, its the best performing gun for the price and probably has the best performance/dollar spent ratio. :happy:

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users