• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It seems so dead here Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

I completely dropped off for about 2 months while workign at a summer camp...no computer access...but even now that I'm back, getting on and posting isn't something I do mostly because I don't like the new setup. I know that sounds like a kind of lame excuse, but I don't really have the time to try to learn the new site right now, and since my show new posts button doesn't seam to work all that well I'm not goign to spend the time browsing through the various sectors looking for something that intrests me. On top of that, I feel like to an extent alot of the new posts are just rewritten old posts that I've already read.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#17 User is offline   Souter26 

• PBLive Podcaster - Vanguard Sales Agent
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SOUTER26

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

I haven't been on much here this year, due to medically not being able to play, and its hard to talk paintball when you can't enjoy it on the field. Now that I have been medically cleared to play again. I will be much more active on this forum. I did get my weekly dose of paintball while not being able to play while working with pblive. It has sure kept the hobby for me alive. I am excited for special ops to be back. and I do believe that Moati will make it better then it was before.
VANGUARD SALES AGENT - Have you shot a Creed yet?
Nicole Souter
CEF CommonWealth
PSP Certified Ref
Xboxlive Gamertag: souter26
Facebook

#18 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

View PostIrishMack, on 04 September 2010 - 04:09 PM, said:

I completely dropped off for about 2 months while workign at a summer camp...no computer access...but even now that I'm back, getting on and posting isn't something I do mostly because I don't like the new setup. I know that sounds like a kind of lame excuse, but I don't really have the time to try to learn the new site right now, and since my show new posts button doesn't seam to work all that well I'm not goign to spend the time browsing through the various sectors looking for something that intrests me. On top of that, I feel like to an extent alot of the new posts are just rewritten old posts that I've already read.

Go to: Your control panel > Settings > General Settings > Search Settings (select "Show me all content that I have not read")

#19 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

View Postmike7822, on 04 September 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

View Postalittletippy, on 03 September 2010 - 10:36 PM, said:

alright so yeah i haven't spent anytime on here for sometime. Now that I am starting to get back into the game, man is this place dead compared to say a year ago. I mean the for sale section hardly see's any traffic. So has paintball dropped of that much since the economy crapped out or what? Has anyone else noticed the drop in traffic around here?

The agg or not thread is kicking :P

The agg or not thread is closer to dead than it used to be. But still going pretty strong.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#20 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:03 AM

This place is clearly dieing because I am not posting as much as I used to be.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#21 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:alittletippy

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

diff slowing down here. As long as it doesnt completly die here it will be ok, lol. The spec ops store though is looking very ghostly with their move to mainly soft goods.
My Feedback
AIRHOG'S CUSTOM WORKS-CHECK THEM OUT
Tippy's,Thor,Punisher,Punisher CQB,BAKEMONO

#22 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

Honestly .... it's always quietest before the storm. A lot of things are going on in the background. Vids are being produced, online shows, Youtube, revamp of website. Let's just say there's gonna be new and the requested old showing up when we kick start 2011.

#23 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on 07 September 2010 - 12:37 PM, said:

Honestly .... it's always quietest before the storm.

Thats if the "storm" comes, comparing to 2 or 3 year ago it has slowed way way down
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#24 User is offline   Thorax 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

As I'm browsing all these first page topics I have to agree this place looks dead. When I was active (slinkyaroo wasnt an admin! wtf! mindblown.) dead threads would be bumped off the first page within a few hours. It was weird if there WASNT a new post in the Lounge every time I checked back.

I know I stopped coming here because I stopped playing. I hung around the Lounge for a while and then stopped doing even that. You'd think new members would repopulate when the old members eventually stopped coming but it seems like that's not quite the case.

It's kinda sad to see what's happened. I spent a lot of time in middle school and the first half of high school at this place. Like, even now thinking about the old regulars has me nostalgic wondering whats up with the people I considered my internet friends back in the day. I loved the outrageous personalities of some of those guys.

Last time I was here though I vaugely recall hearing that Puz was gonna retire. Now he's got his own slice of pie? Hope all is well Puz.

Well, now that I've come back and found a thread to nostalgia all over I guess I'll take my leave.

#25 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:53 PM

View PostThorax, on 06 October 2010 - 11:58 AM, said:

Well, now that I've come back and found a thread to nostalgia all over I guess I'll take my leave.

want some nostalgia?
search up the lucid dreaming thread.

BLAM I just did that, and i actually still remember that thread.

#26 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Part of it is that SO/MOATI paintball is in a reformatting phase. That, and there's just less threads to post on. I know I've slowed down my posting (partially because my personal computer is dead *making a thread about that...*).

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#27 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:37 AM

Ace agrees things are dead and stuff...yeah.

I unfortunately stopped playin paintball a while before site started dying, I just came for the Lounge from then on. Tis where'd I get my news alot of times, find interesting/funny/cool things, play games, ect. But since noone posts so much anymore, I have hardly been active in the past like 3 or 4 months. That plus the fact that the site kicks me off from even viewing it at my Dad's house doesn't help, I think it maybe an IP thing. All I know is before the big forum upgrade, I could get on there, and after I couldn't. (maybe that's where some of our members went eh?)

But, atleast now Lounge posts are counted. My post count is more than 10x higher than it was before the upgrade (not an exaggeration). - edit, lame, only says that on my profile dealy.

Anyways, I probably should've asked before, but Slink or someone, could you look into the not-being-able-to-sign-in-at-my-Dad's-house-issue. Gratzie.

This post has been edited by Ace-014: 07 October 2010 - 04:39 AM

Official SpecOps FC

#28 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

I wouldnt want this forum to become a PBN... I cant stand the single-mindedness and lower intelligence averages prowling those forums.
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#29 User is offline   stinky 

• Pull My Finger
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:12 PM

View Postedtoro, on 16 October 2010 - 10:43 PM, said:

I wouldnt want this forum to become a PBN...

I don't think you have to worry about that one, even at 2AM EDST, PBN has 1,063 users on line, with 632 of them being signed on members.
S.O. would have a long way to go to get where PBN is.

#30 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:17 AM

View Poststinky, on 22 October 2010 - 12:12 AM, said:

View Postedtoro, on 16 October 2010 - 10:43 PM, said:

I wouldnt want this forum to become a PBN...

I don't think you have to worry about that one, even at 2AM EDST, PBN has 1,063 users on line, with 632 of them being signed on members.
S.O. would have a long way to go to get where PBN is.

[Oh snap, it's starting]

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users