• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NJ Nam ive read that last year was a flop Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:08 AM

I couldn't care less how the organization is run. I also couldn't care less if whatever big teams show or don't show, whoever they are. Big teams do not always add to game quality. I've been to plenty of low key games and had a tons of fun playing at a very competitive level. All that matters to me is if the game itself is good.

It's easy to skip or ignore the fact that after Pyro NJ Nam '07 fell flat, the upgraded USANA PB production group put on a good game a couple of months ago. This upgraded production team has some reputation building to do in the coming year. They are supposed to put on a number of events in '08. If they do, the ones that come before NJ Nam '08 can serve as a litmus test. If their last game (not nj nam '07), reportedly a result of whatever organizational changes, is an indicator of what's to come, then players can look forward to more good games.

Both, negative and positive experiences should be noted. I'm curious if there are any posters out there who have been to NJ Nam '07 and to the USANA fall scenario that follwed, who can comment on contrasts and comparrisons related to both games.

#32 User is offline   njhusker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Northern NJ Allied (Free Agent)

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:22 PM

I was at both games. O7 Nam as a player (General, VC side) and at the Russian Front game in October as one of the player producers.

Before I say too much suffice to say the reason the new production team exists is to bring about change in this game. Our goal is to help solve some if not all of the problems associated with scenario paintball. It is tough to make it work in this area considering the high labor and land use costs. So some of us created a non-profit organization to facilitate better games. We are ALL VOLUNTEERS and do not get paid salaries in spite of what one poster said earlier in this thread. EVERY dime taken in will go back into the field for improvements, better prize packages, bigger and better surprises that make this game fun to play. USANA Paintball does not own the land. It is owned by USANA MTC (the gun club) and has been for over 40 years. As players ourselves, we know what we would expect a production company to do so we are doing it. Our goal is to make USANA Paintball games among your favorites. The best we can hope for is to have to turn people away due to space limitations. At this point it is looking like NAM may be limited to 1000 players. We are working out the parking details now. If we can find a way to fit more then we will not limit the numbers. Last year we had 1200 + at the airport but there was a much bigger space to park in.

Was I disappointed at last year's game? Yes and I know for a fact the Production team feels terrible about some of the things that happened to them that were beyond their control. 1. Helo engine trouble day of event. 2. Crop duster plane tanks not certified by the owner as being free from pesticides so no "napalm run." 3. Mayor of the local town forcing a shut down in the afternoon due to the heat. Said we had half the local ambulances and he could not have that. (16 people went to the hospital in the morning folks. That break stunk but was unfortunately necessary.) 4. Too many players in a small, ill-prepared area. This was the first time at that location and too little prep work was done prior to the game. There is a sorted story here but that I will not go into so as to protect all those involved. Suffice to say there were a lot of expectations all around and no one was completely satisfied. Did I have a good time? You BET your butt. We beat the unbeatable BARNEY! I had a great time! lol

This year we are planning on having plenty of water and misting stations setup to help keep players cool (assuming the weather will be similar). Many many other items will be changed or improved upon just like our Russian Front game in the fall. We had way more people staffing the game and that is a big part of the reason it went so smooth. As I said, the price pressure keeps fields from charging enough to hire the amount of staff they really should have. Add the cost of land use (cannot divulge but trust me it aint cheap), cost of generators, portable toilets, paint, air, prizes, arm tape, rental guns, CO2, on and on and on.... Well you get the idea.

Anyway I hope all will give us a chance. If not then I understand it may take more than words to bring guys like Josh and Delta back. Our goal is to overwhelm the industry with great news. After a few games maybe even you will try USANA Paintball Productions. We played against you guys at EMR when I XO'd for Barney. Frankly I can't understand the whole "I hate Delta" thing. You seemed like stand up guys to me. That was a well fought game in my opinion. We learned a few lessons thanks to TB and Co. He taught us the hard way that you have to know the rules LOL. Oh well, I digress.

Website and full schedule for USANA will be up soon. Still working out a few issues. Do not want to over promise or under deliver.

NJHusker

This post has been edited by njhusker: 15 December 2007 - 10:06 AM

Long live scenario paintball.

Co-Capt. E-Jam Red Raiders

Founder and proud member of the Eastern Regional Scenario Alliance (ERSA)

#33 User is offline   Snakeman007 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:31 AM

We are ALL VOLUNTEERS and do not get paid salaries in spite of what one poster said earlier in this thread. EVERY dime taken in will go back into the field for improvements

Well if your one of the VOLUNTEERS your being fooled ....somebody IS makeing $$$ for a day where 1000+ players shows up. If you dont think so I have a bridge I like to sell you. Nobody works for free never mind 40 - 50 or more staff and if so you need to check the drinking water. Someone along the line is charging somthing for services rendered im sorry.

Teams and players who have special deals with the field need not reply.

As far as past events held .Yes ALL screw ups fall on the promote. The bucks went in his pockets and they ( even if they were new to runing events) Should have had the basics covered like WATER for players in a mid summer game.

#34 User is offline   Nameless Wonder 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Nameless Wonder

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:16 PM

One of the stipulations for using the field could be that, after all expenses are paid in full, any remaining capital generated goes towards the field's reconstruction. And, it's not at all impossible that the game could wind up costing someone something after everything is said and done. Either way, it's irrelevant if someone made a little cash from a game...this is a business, after all.
Posted Image
"Humans were made to fart around on this planet, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise."
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Scientology is a cult. Suck it.

#35 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

View PostSnakeman007, on Dec 17 2007, 06:31 AM, said:

Well if your one of the VOLUNTEERS your being fooled ....somebody IS makeing $$$ for a day where 1000+ players shows up. If you dont think so I have a bridge I like to sell you. Nobody works for free never mind 40 - 50 or more staff and if so you need to check the drinking water. Someone along the line is charging somthing for services rendered im sorry.

Teams and players who have special deals with the field need not reply.

As far as past events held .Yes ALL screw ups fall on the promote. The bucks went in his pockets and they ( even if they were new to runing events) Should have had the basics covered like WATER for players in a mid summer game.

Dude, you're obviously very upset about the nj nam '07 game. Understandable. How do you compare it to the fall game? Did you like all the improvements?

#36 User is offline   paintballer013 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintballer013

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:52 PM

I dont know if im going to this game anymore now that i cant go to castle conquest the next game at emr is 2 weeks after this one i think so im still not sure what im going to do.I will say im glad that the game isnt at there airport this year the field in elmer is great and i didnt even play the whole fieldso i still have some time to think about what im going to do so... we will have to see what happens.
I.O.N. '07 Team Spec. Ops
SWOR..... I mean UTAH!!!!

Feedback

#37 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

Why cant you go to Castle Conquest?
Coming soon.

#38 User is offline   vasmir 

• Delta Paintball Team
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:vasmir

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:55 PM

View Postdeltapaintball, on Dec 12 2007, 12:49 AM, said:

We stopped going in 2006.

Foote's not trying to start an argument here... The main reason we stopped going in 06 was safety reasons - our personal relationships with the guys at USANA aside. I heard last year the safety was up (Foote and I visited the field during the game, but didn't play), but from what we heard from players, it still wasn't to par. And RogueShooter, sorry if we come off as arrogant... it's not our intention. We just know the guys running these events, and when it's put out that an event is "under new management," that's not always the real deal. We just see the hype surrounding a lot of events, and from what history tells us, it's usually all hype when it comes to njnam.

To each their own. If you're going to the game we hope you have a great time, and come back here to post about it.

#39 User is offline   njhusker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

View PostSnakeman007, on Dec 17 2007, 04:31 AM, said:

...Well if your one of the VOLUNTEERS your being fooled ....somebody IS makeing $$$ for a day where 1000+ players shows up. If you dont think so I have a bridge I like to sell you. Nobody works for free never mind 40 - 50 or more staff and if so you need to check the drinking water. Someone along the line is charging somthing for services rendered im sorry.

Refs and support staff are paid... true, by the hour. Not making a killing here. Forgive me for not being clear. What I was referring to was the mgt personnel and producers are not getting paid as was implied by the original post. All the money taken in will go to either expenses or field improvements and prize packages. I am merely trying to clear the air here but if you feel the need to hold me and my group accountable for whatever misdeeds you feel were done to you then I repeat what I said before. We intend to overwhelm the sport with good reports and great games.

View PostSnakeman007, on Dec 17 2007, 04:31 AM, said:

...Should have had the basics covered like WATER for players in a mid summer game.

Not sure why you felt this was an issue. Water was provided at several locations for the players including the entrances to the field.
Oh well, that is the past... future games are my business and I will see to it that I give 100% of myself just as I did at the October game.

Thanks again for hearing me and with only one game under our belts I'll understand if you remain skeptical. Give us a chance and you will be pleased.

#40 User is offline   Small Block 

• Old username= sbcs1085
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

View Postvasmir, on Dec 17 2007, 09:55 PM, said:

We just know the guys running these events, and when it's put out that an event is "under new management," that's not always the real deal.

If there is things to be said about who's really running the events and producing the events then why doesn't someone just come out and say so or point people into a direction with facts.

I would be interested to know what's the whole deal. After seeing Pyro post up on PBN about the game it's pretty evident that he/they still have a hand in it, but alot of what does get said on the forums (from what I have read) is hard to make your way through it if you don't have any previous knowledge about it.

I saw the posts couple months back about "new this and new that" and then read about it more on the eagles nest before that got shut down. But it was all very hard to sort through and make heads or tails of what was going on. It seemed like there were more personal problems (from what I remember) then anything else.

Last year was my first time at NAM so I have no idea about USANA.

#41 User is offline   faceman 

• Faceman
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:faceman

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

I thought NJ Nam 07 was a great game. Obviously some things went wrong, chopper broke down, heat sickness became a factor for many, and the field was not to some players expectations. Personaly I don't ride in choppers I came to play paintball so this didn't effect me. I was in great shape, properly hydrated and I work outdoors for a living and even I felt the toll the heat was taking after they called the game. As for the field not being up to par me and my guys felt at home in the brush. I think many of the players female doging are a bunch of city slickin wimps that couldn't get anywhere if there wasn't a path, your right it was a jungle in there so was the real Nam welcome to a real scenario. There where no saftey issues that I know of other than stupid people who didn't properly hydrate themselves or got too drunk. Oh and there was definetly water there and even if there wasn't you'd have to be freaking retarted not bring your own anyway when it's that hot, your mother probably still washes your clothes and makes your bed huh.
I was at the Russian Front game at U.S.A.N.A and that was an excellent event as well. Great field, staff, price and nothing went wrong.
Over the past year I've had the chance of meeting both the promoter at pyro and the higher ranking members of U.S.A.N.A PB and I've got to say if you have a problem with them it's probably you in the wrong. They are some of the better people I've met in the past 10 years I've been playing. Very good customer service, great additudes very positive, and they try very hard to please everyone. I'm sure after Nj Nam Chuck took how a few of the forum wussies bashed his game very personaly even though it was a pretty sucsessful game overall and nothing was really his fault. I knew alot of players/teams there on both sides and didn't hear any real complaints. I think the NJ Nam is up in the top 5 scenarios in the region. Oh and hopefully the haters stay gone it'll be better for all.

#42 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

View Postfaceman, on Jan 10 2008, 02:33 AM, said:

Over the past year I've had the chance of meeting both the promoter at pyro and the higher ranking members of U.S.A.N.A PB and I've got to say if you have a problem with them it's probably you in the wrong. They are some of the better people I've met in the past 10 years I've been playing. Very good customer service, great additudes very positive, and they try very hard to please everyone. I'm sure after Nj Nam Chuck took how a few of the forum wussies bashed his game very personaly even though it was a pretty sucsessful game overall and nothing was really his fault. I knew alot of players/teams there on both sides and didn't hear any real complaints. I think the NJ Nam is up in the top 5 scenarios in the region. Oh and hopefully the haters stay gone it'll be better for all.

I laughed. What 5 scenario games are you comparing this to I wonder?
Coming soon.

#43 User is offline   vinsanity 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:vinsanity

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

I haven't been checking out the paintball forums lately but I stumbled across this in a search for info on NJ Nam 08 and I'm surprised to see people so disappointed with last year's game. I went to Nam 07 and had a great time. I was aware of the issues mentioned but I didn't go to the game for the air drop or any of those bells and whistles. I went because it wasn't very far from me and the prices were fairly good. The other promised things were just bonuses. It sucks that there were problems but it doesn't seem like there was much that could have been done about it. The scenario promoter didn't break the plane and he didn't make the heat so intense that day so how can you blame him for that. I went with about 4 other friends and we all had a great time despite the extreme heat, we just took breaks and bought some extra drinks. I saw some complaints about water being too scarce but I saw places to get water and the stores in town weren't closed, nobody was stopping you from going elsewhere to pick up some drinks. My point is, if you had a problem with dehydration, that's YOUR fault. I'm in decent shape and even I was getting close to dehydration at one point. I had a water bottle on me when I left our tent but I finished it and got somewhat lost in the field so I wandered a while without any water. It sucks but crap happens. When I got back to the tent I just took a break for about 2 hours which happened to coincide with the mandatory break in play so it didn't bother me much. From that point on I just paid closer attention to my health while I was out there but it didn't really ruin the game for me.

I didn't really mind the unrefined field either. The theme was Vietnam and the environment over there probably wasn't that much better so it actually added to the realism, whether they intended it to or not. There were some paths though and if you really wanted to, you could stick to the carved out walkways but that made you an easy target. It was a new field so I didn't expect a top-notch setup. I still found my way through the field and I was still able to find cover and have some crazy firefights. That's what I went for and that's what I got. That's also why I'm going back this year. I've been going to dday/ION at skirmish for the past few years mainly for the massive firefights but the reffing and safety is lacking over there (ION 07 was especially bad with safety) but I felt that Nam 07 was very well run in terms of safety. There weren't a tremendous amount of refs but they did their job pretty well and I don't think I really had any safety/cheating issues the whole time. The idea of player-refs is also pretty good. I was a player-ref for the VC myself. Luckily I didn't have to force anyone to follow the rules, the people I was around were pretty honest.

I'm not saying that nobody has a right to be disappointed for one reason or another but I still don't think it's entirely fair to say that they cheated us or whatever. They were a bit ambitious with their plans, as many people are, and things went wrong. They're human and the odds just weren't in their favor. That said, there are new people running the game anyway so things will be different. I've heard good things about the last game they had and I'm really looking forward to Nam 08 this year.

#44 User is offline   njhusker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:03 AM

I had a great time at Nam 07 as well. My role as VC General gave me a nice canopy under which to keep cool and I do not ride in choppers either. Sad things did not go well for the promoter. I know all the guys who produced the Russian Front game and they are all stand up people with deep rooted passions for honor and integrity. Let the haters spew, it is all they have. I know this year's NAM will be an unforgettable experience for my son and myself and that is the first thing on my mind. Sure I want everyone else to have a good time as well and I will do all I can to see to that but some folks just do not know when to keep their immature mouths shut. They think they are doing the world a favor by lashing out at the first sign of problems when in fact there is NO conspiracy theory and no evil plot to steal your hard earn scenario dollars (how ridiculous). So come or don't come, play or don't play, have a good time or don't have a good time. I don't care. But don't try to ruin it for the rest of the world just because you are mad about something. Replying to this post will NOT drag me into a flaming contest. I am way above that.

For those that posted the positive... Thank you. I'll see you on the field.

For those wondering what all this is about let me only say, it is not worth discussing. Come on out and PLAY.

#45 User is offline   BLITZNY 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLITZ

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:08 PM

I'll be there with a couple of friends. I just hope the refs are on top of things and the air is @ 4500 not 3000 like some fields. I was there in 06 and had fun. the camping was cool too.

myspace.com/eurowerkz, socom3: BLITZNY/ XBOX360: BLITZNY

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users