• You cannot reply to this topic

Help with Remote Line Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lord Scythe 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Lord Scythe

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:48 PM

Hi I have a Tippmann A5 and I am wanting to run a remote line for my gun what do I need to hook up my tank to the remote line and the remote line to my gun. I am not wanting to take off the line that runs from my gun chamber to the tank hookup on the bottom of my grip I just want to be able to run the remote line from that hookup to my tank which will be on my back in my tank/pod holster.
Official Tippmann Owner #85, Broadsword #52

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:22 PM

Most remote lines sold today come in kits specifically made for what you're planning on doing.

Posted Image

The end with the orange handle will screw on to the tank. The orange handle acts an on/off valve and allows you to control whether the tank is open or not. The other end will plug directly into the ASA at the base of your grip. The little silver thing comming out from it is a quick disconnect and will allow you to disconnect your marker from the remote system easily.

You can buy it in a kit like above, or you have the option of using a stainless steel braided hose and making your own remote setup. I personally like stainless steel remote lines, but the overall trend these days is the coiled remote. The parts needed are:
-4' of hose
-universal fill adapter
-quick disconnect
-ASA to hose adapter

You then have the option of shrink tube wrapping the stainless hose. It prevents it from scratching on things and gets rid of the shininess hose.

This post has been edited by Piller: 23 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   Lord Scythe 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:46 AM

View PostPiller, on Mar 23 2008, 03:22 PM, said:

Most remote lines sold today come in kits specifically made for what you're planning on doing.

Posted Image

The end with the orange handle will screw on to the tank. The orange handle acts an on/off valve and allows you to control whether the tank is open or not. The other end will plug directly into the ASA at the base of your grip. The little silver thing comming out from it is a quick disconnect and will allow you to disconnect your marker from the remote system easily.

You can buy it in a kit like above, or you have the option of using a stainless steel braided hose and making your own remote setup. I personally like stainless steel remote lines, but the overall trend these days is the coiled remote. The parts needed are:
-4' of hose
-universal fill adapter
-quick disconnect
-ASA to hose adapter

You then have the option of shrink tube wrapping the stainless hose. It prevents it from scratching on things and gets rid of the shininess hose.

So any Remote Line Kit will work say like this one cause it has a Remote Line Adapter that I think connects to the back of my gun in the ASA which allows you to be able to connect and disconnect the Pressure Release Valve.

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/shogun-remote...lve-p-1917.html

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

That one will work also.

It includes a slide check which is an optional feature. It's another stage where you can allow/cut off air flow. Some like it some don't. It sticks out a bit, and some have issues with it working properly, but it can be nice as it's like having another on/off valve right up by your marker.
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   Lord Scythe 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:16 AM

Thanks Piller you have been a lot of help to me I have been needing to get a Remote Line for some time, but I haven't had a chance to get one until now.
Well anyway thanks again if I need anymore help with this subject or to ask you a question about it I will IM you on your Forum page.

#6 User is offline   THUNDR 

• Heavy Metal
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Koos

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

If you do get that RAP4 one, make sure you oil the slide check before every use. I bought one from them and it worked fine but I never oiled it and it started to leak and since they use lock tite on the threads I couldnt get inside it to fix it so I had to get a new one.

View PostMarine Scout Sniper, on 24 November 2008 - 06:47 PM, said:

I just try to fulfill what the military conciders when they look for a sniper. ...their major concern is over all accuracy, physical stamina, patience, ability to acquire top secret clearance, and prior experience in paintball and/or hunting...

Gearbag Sale

#7 User is offline   Lord Scythe 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

Will the same oil that I use to lubricate my marker work or do I need to get another type of oil or a specialty oil.

#8 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

Your regular paintball oil will work just fine.

Another option if you don't like the complexity of a slide check is to just add in a ball valve: http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.p...products_id=116

They aren't as long and don't have the sealing issues that some slide checks do.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users