Special Ops Paintball: Clear full face shield - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Clear full face shield A mask you can see out of...

#31 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:41 PM

Your conversation is ridiculous ...ly AWESOME!

I don't know what the Angel Eyes is like but I can tell you this, you NEED every degree of peripheral vision you naturally have (and more for that matter). Ummm... that's why you have it. They need to make a mask that doesn't obstruct it.

Ugh, I shot a girl in the face once, almost point blank. It was my friends niece, he started bringing her to play and she was bad ass. Would banzai charge the sh*t out of anybody without provocation, she made SURE you were out. It's too bad we didn't have any wipers 'cause her prescence would clear that problem up quickly. We quickly learned to fear her. In any case, one game just me and her were left, she banzai charged me, we wound up running in circles around a bunker, then on opposite sides we both ducked down at the same time, then we both jumped up to shoot eachother over the bunker at the same time... Well, it turns out she had forgoten to secure her chinstrap, so as she jumped up, her mask sliped up exposing her entire face, just as I pulled the trigger! It was too late for me to do anything about it, the gun fired almost point blank into her upper lip.

She was unphased.

But seeing and feeling what these things do to the rest of me, I think I wouldn't be unphased myself haha! You'd think it would at least bust you lip. Hers just turned a little bit red and maybe a little swollen but no cuts or split. So I was pretty happy she wasn't hurt, still felt like crap. Wow... nice tangent huh?

In any case, I am never the type to harp on the safety. I hate the safety. I feel we as a people have become obsessed to an unhealthy extent with safety. Even the military are over concerned with the safety, and that's the last people in the universe who should be too worried about that. I've had threads shut down on this very forum because I encouraged less than safe behavior, thanks by the way SLINKY. But that said... You should really roll that mask down while you're playing! 'Cause what if that paintball DOES fly down your throat? That's some bad juju!

Anyway... now that that's over. Uhhh yeah it does sound more like IKE's problem is all in his head. Claustrophobic? Imagine it with a gas mask or SCBA that ACTUALLY makes it a little hard to breathe haha! And gets super hot inside. With some OC residue from yesterday's OC qual. OC residue which is water activated. Then your sweat activates the OC residue, and it "reflashes". And then your face is on fire, and you're trapped in your mask, so you can't put water on it or even run around in circles to get some breeze on your face, and you can't take it off because you will "die" and fail the scenario, and then... the most terrifying part...

YOU STILL HAVE TO DO YOUR JOB!!! DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!

"Shipwreck, what are you doing!!? Get on that (blah blah blah)!"

"Oh uhhh... ROGER THAT! I'm on it!
Ahhhhhhhh! ....Ahhhhhh! THIS HURTS SO BAD!"

"WTF are you doing!?"

"Oh my God! OH MY GOD!"

"Shipwreck, you're going the wrong way!"

"I can't see! MY FACE IS ON FIRE!
I got it... I got it!"

"Yeah, you opended the wrong door... Congratulations sailor, you killed everyone."

"Can I take this mask off then?"

*Sigh* *face palm* "Yes."
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#32 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

Probably should roll it down...but I probably won't.

Posted Image

The field of view is pretty wide...I don't think you need much more.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#33 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

I tried em on. They were cool, but it seemed like the cheek pads that keep it on your face could have been better
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#34 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

yeah, OC residue on the mask sucks. Hell, i've had sooo many run ins with OC that it doesn't phase me anymore. Well, it DOES, but I don't go blind and start retching like I used to the first couple IDK how many times. BTW, that's for OC grenades at field exercises, I'm not dumb enough to go into the chamber without a mask....
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#35 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:19 PM

What is OC?
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#36 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

OC is oleoresin capsicum, basically mace or pepper spray.

The angle eyses looks sick!

Eagle Eye, do you mean CS harassing agent? I've never heard of OC grenades or an OC chamber... but CS gas is definently administered via chamber and grenade haha!

The problem is they make you take OFF your mask in the chamber haha!
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#37 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

lol, i stand corrected, CS gas yes. The usual crap they throw at you during basic training and beyond.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#38 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

Haha! Ahhh yes... THAT f*cking stuff! [EDIT] I remember in boot we had to take our masks off in the gas chamber and... I think it was, say the Sailor's Creed, or something like that, without any mistakes before we could get out. If you messed up you had to start over. It f*ckin' sucked hard! HAHAHA! Later when I got OC qual'd we had to get sprayed in a "z" pattern, above the eyse so it drips down into the eyes, directly into the eyes, and then under the nose so it gets into the respiratory system. Then we had to stand there and blink for a while to make sure it gets into the eyes, then we had to go through the Deadly Force Continuum list and describe each level demonstrating that we're still thinking clearly, answer some more questions about some crap I don't remember, then demonstrate striking techniques in a striking drill, then get our asses kicked through a gauntlet, then take down and secure an opfor at the end of the gauntlet, then we got to spray some water in our eyes haha! Good times... from a third person perspective anyway![/EDIT]

I personally found the OC was way worse.

But my Army broski thought the CS was way worse.

I guess it's a personal preference thing MWAHAHAHAHA!

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 22 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#39 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

yeah, the MP's go through that training. They do OC qual AND TAZER qual in the same day. It is fun to watch, and I'm sure that I could do it, but I'm not dumb enough to volunteer to get tazed and sprayed with OC.... not after hearing a grown man scream and curl into a little ball during the tazing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

But my Army broski thought the CS was way worse.

My brother got hit with that stuff numerous times when he was in the Army. For awhile he was a driver at Ft. Irwin where they hold the big division-scale armored exercises. They use CS as a training round so theres alot of it in the air sometimes. Or someone in valley "misses" and hits the refs on the ridgeline...He got pretty good at driving an APC backwards fast with his eyes shut. Yuck.
Although he did once witness an open truck filled with top brass get straddled with half a dozen CS rounds...he said it was quite fulfilling to watch a 2 star general in the foetal position puking thru his nose and trying to claw his sinuses out thru his eyes. Good times....apperantly.

#41 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

View PostThe Stuntman, on 23 August 2011 - 08:06 AM, said:

watch a 2 star general in the foetal position puking thru his nose and trying to claw his sinuses out thru his eyes. Good times....apperantly.

Understatement of the year. I would pay good money to see some of my officers in that situation.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

View PostEagle Eye, on 23 August 2011 - 07:43 AM, said:

yeah, the MP's go through that training. They do OC qual AND TAZER qual in the same day. It is fun to watch, and I'm sure that I could do it, but I'm not dumb enough to volunteer to get tazed and sprayed with OC.... not after hearing a grown man scream and curl into a little ball during the tazing.

WOW! Haha! That'll ruin your whole weekend! HAHAHA! We didn't have tazers so we didn't have a tazer qual. Hell yeah it is! I video taped my oc qual... but stupidly lent the tapes to someone who quickly lost them. Ugh. What a douche. So then I taped the next groups oc qual and it was even funnier... because it wasn't me! Still got that one laying around somewhere... Hey you never know, could've been the voltage talking hahaha! Maybe the pain really wasn't that bad and it was just the electricity that spazed his muscles into the fetal position?

View PostThe Stuntman, on 23 August 2011 - 08:06 AM, said:

My brother got hit with that stuff numerous times when he was in the Army. For awhile he was a driver at Ft. Irwin where they hold the big division-scale armored exercises. They use CS as a training round so theres alot of it in the air sometimes. Or someone in valley "misses" and hits the refs on the ridgeline...He got pretty good at driving an APC backwards fast with his eyes shut. Yuck.
Although he did once witness an open truck filled with top brass get straddled with half a dozen CS rounds...he said it was quite fulfilling to watch a 2 star general in the foetal position puking thru his nose and trying to claw his sinuses out thru his eyes. Good times....apperantly.

That is CLASSIC! "He got pretty good at driving an APC backwards fast with his eyes shut"? Couldn't make this sh*t up in a million years!

OH MY GOD! The must've been a BEAUTIFUL sight to behold! What I wouldn't give to see one of my old commanders blowing chunks throught his sinus cavity and crying like a school girl... *sigh*

Not that I couldn't have made him cry like a school girl if I didn't mind the dishonorable discharge that would entail haha!

View PostEagle Eye, on 23 August 2011 - 09:39 AM, said:

Understatement of the year. I would pay good money to see some of my officers in that situation.

Understatement of the year. I would kill someone.
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#43 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

View PostShipwreck!, on 23 August 2011 - 10:52 AM, said:

Understatement of the year. I would kill someone.

..... @_@?!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

Only if they're a bad guy...
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#45 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

The Angel Eyes do seem to have the best field of vision of any paintball mask... if it were a production unit. That thing has been on preorder as long as the mag kits from cRap4 were.

There was a great thread on mcb about a metal mesh bottom for JT frames that a couple guys were working on, it's within the last few months I think... I'll try to find the link.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users