Special Ops Paintball: So I'm really PEEVED - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So I'm really PEEVED Why are people working in the industry Ignorant. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Deus_Wolf 

• Resident Lurker, Always Watching Never Present
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Deus_wolf

Post icon  Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

So today I decided to call My local field to make a reservation for some big games. I've been out of touch and didn't know that one was this weekend and the other was during my relaxing time in the Massachusetts and Catskills, New York. So I ask the "receptionist" when the next scenario is she tells me there is one during august on the 9th. She further Explains that it's invitation only but that she check my profile and that I had an invitation waiting. Great. The day Event is 60$ and the night is 25$, the day is open house and the evening is for the invited players only. I'm cool with that, a little expensive but they usually have cool stuff*. She goes on to talk about points† which i usually ignore cause you need like a gazzillion points to get anything free. It turns out the night event is 25$ + 125 points, I don't have any points cause i get my gear online and they only sell what's "hot" in the industry. So she hands me to a guy who's in charge of points, this guy starts telling me that it's going to cost me 150$ for the event because i don't have sufficient points to cover the extra costs. 150$ FOR HALF an Event, remember these fee's only cover the night portion of the event. I start telling him that I play D-Day in the sates which is the biggest scenario out there and it costs me a fraction of that. He replies that I can go to a fair for 10$ but walt disney is better and they obviously charge more. So I ask him If He know's what OK D-Day is. He say's yes but it's nothing compared to the event we're having. I ask him how many invites were sent out and he tells me 250.

I just really hate Ignorant people. This guy is a complete moron and knows nothing about paintball. I know he isn't the one that is setting the prices but it still TICKED me off. It's not that big of a deal in the end because I'll just talk to the owner and he'll waive the fee but It still made me flaming made that they would dare charge that much for an event. If anyone is wondering the field I'm ranting about is called Bigfoot Paintball in Quebec, Canada. You may have seen it mentioned in Jungle's first solo Edition, It's the article about T.E.A.M. and their "milsim" training camp.

*They have some decent scenarios and we get real great treatment but 85$ for an event is semi-reasonable. It's when he jumps the price 210$ that I really freaked.

†Bigfoot-Paintball has a V.I.P. Member system that gives great discounts and other cool stuff. Along with this when you buy stuff from there ultra high priced store(an A-5 for 320$) you get a number of points equal to the cost of your purchase. These points generally serve no purpose except to buy more stuff. I have 0 points because They have never even heard of an automag and think my "shoebox" is a piece of junk. So I have Zero points and I need 125. Yay.

Playing THE Game with Honesty, Integrity and Determination since 2000

#2 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:30 AM

actually, after reading the articles on that place, i can't say the attitude surprises me.

though, comparing themselves to Disney world and OK Dday to a local fair is kinda funny, you have to admit- Especially how seeing 250 people isn't even a blip on the Dday radar, and The fields aren't even remotely close to similar.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#3 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:38 AM

Hmm.. 250.. sounds like a Division at OKDDAY to me.. lol

Lo

#4 User is offline   Deus_Wolf 

• PipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

That's exactly it. This guy has know idea who I Am( I don't mean I'm someone special or anything but he doesn't know what I have experienced paintball wise) and he thinks that OK D-Day if just some hick town event. Anyway I'm going down on sunday to talk to the owner who knows me pretty well.

#5 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

Does this guy sound like this girl to anybody else?
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#6 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for bringing down the IQ of anyone who listens to that...like me.

Sometimes I want to shoot people with a tazer...just because they are so damn stupid.

Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#7 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:33 PM

That's insane dude. I like the scenarios in the MA area, and I have never heard of anything like this!
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#8 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

I can kind of see where they are coming from the system rewards their loyal customers and buying your gear online means nothing to them other than sales someone else got.

#9 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:06 PM

how not to run a field 101?

oklahoma d-day is more of a woodstock for scenario players and controlled chaos all at the same time

#10 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:12 PM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Jun 10 2008, 02:30 PM, said:

actually, after reading the articles on that place, i can't say the attitude surprises me.

though, comparing themselves to Disney world and OK Dday to a local fair is kinda funny, you have to admit- Especially how seeing 250 people isn't even a blip on the Dday radar, and The fields aren't even remotely close to similar.

I'm pretty sure the guy has it backwards. His field would be the local fair compared to disney world. $150 for the event is ridiculous.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#11 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:41 PM

But I wouldn't penalize players for buying gear somewhere else. I'd definitely reward players for buying from me, but not for buying elsewhere.
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#12 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

You mean like offering rewards for purchases from my store that are good for an exclusive night time event during an upcoming scenario?

#13 User is offline   Deus_Wolf 

• PipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

I can understand that, and I do. What I don't understand is where they get there Idea to charge a Total of 210$ for an event with a potential 125$ discount exclusively for those who buy there products. seeing's it's Invite only why bother inviting me if I have to pay an extra 125$. I understand that they need to reward faithful Idio....erm..... I mean customers but that big a reduction isn't a reward it's a penalty for the other half. It's like if on your taxes you had to pay 125% but government employees only had to pay 100% that isn't a bonus to them its a penalty to you. but if you have to pay 100% and them 75% then they are getting a reward.

What I'm trying to say(and failing miserably at) is that if the starting price was reasonable and then the people who were faithful customers got in for free or whatever I wouldn't mind. But the starting price is insane and no Sane person who didn't have those excess points would pay it. Basically what they are saying is: If you don't shop here you don't get to come to our games. A more reasonable thing would be: If you don't shop here you have to pay a reasonable fee to play our games.

#14 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

I read you loud and clear, Deus. You've got the makings of a field manager in you.

The beauties of capaliism will work their magic. Turnout is gonna suck, and they'll either learn their lesson, or go out of business. Then everybody gets to know who the idiot was.

This post has been edited by MurderDeathKill: 10 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#15 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

sometimes people are just ignorant... I like to call it Spyder/Ion/Tippmann denial-
when someone has a low end gun, and they think it's the best thing since sliced bread because they have no experience with anything else. These guysprobably think their scenario is going to be amazing and a half compared to anything else that has ever been put on. They probably haven't been to OKDDAY or any other big scenarios like that.

Also like MDK said, capitalism is a female dog if you treat it wrong.

:hawaiian:
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users