Special Ops Paintball: mini, proto rail, or DP fusion? - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

mini, proto rail, or DP fusion?

Poll: Which marker? (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Marker?

1. Invert Mini (25 votes [37.31%])

Percentage of vote: 37.31%

2. Dangerous Power Fusion (22 votes [32.84%])

Percentage of vote: 32.84%

3. Proto Rail (20 votes [29.85%])

Percentage of vote: 29.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

i'm getting into speedball and my tippmann isn't cutting it anymore. so i want to buy a better gun for around $400 and i have narrowed it down to these 3.

i like how small the mini is, but my friend owns one and i would prefer not to have te same marker. the fusion came to mind when i wanted to have something different than everyone else at the local field. the proto rail is thrown in there because i would like one, but the field owner said that it has tons of orings and there are always problems with them.

so which one?

i want something that is easy to maintain. also, i want a decent resale value on it.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#2 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

I really like Rails because of their feel and performance. Also, they are at a moderately good price, so they are great markers.

I personally think that the Mini is too small. I am 6'3 and have big hands so it feels much too small for me. Other than that, it's a great marker and I would recommend it to anybody. If you like the size/feel of the Mini, go with it.

As for the Fusion, I have little experience with them and have never played a game with them, so I wo'n type up an opinion on something I know nothing about :laugh:

The performance of the Mini and Rail is hard to compare because I have used both only once or twice and have never had to do any work on them because I as borrowing them from friends. Who knows, maybe I might have gotten used to the Mini's size and ended up liking it more than the Rail.

But for now, my vote is the Rail :laugh:

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

The fusion is a brick like the 2k2 timmies -- sorry guys but better to learn now.

PMR has so many upgrades and are great markers.

Mini's are now serious competitions for the pmr. Their problems are fixed board wise.

Which of the last 2 feels better. If it's not comfortable then it's a hindrance

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 03 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

#4 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:17 PM

I just got a mini with the a.p.e. board, and wow i love it. I have played with a rail, and i don't quite like the rail over the mini. The speed you can get on it is amazing. I love it, but if you are a big guy it may be on the little small side.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#5 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:47 PM

The Fusion is a brick? Wow...L2liftweights, it's 2.5 pounds.
The Fusion is probably the most air efficient of the 3, for sure is easier to maintain than the Rail (don't know about the Mini), and is pretty fool proof. The board uses dip switches to program the board. Stick the right switches in the right spot (it explains in the manual) and you shoot a certain way. You can count the O-Rings on one hand, it's really easy to field strip, and DP has amazing customer service.

My teammate has a Rail, and it's also really good. However, he has continuous problems with his O-Rings. When he got his first one, it leaked straight away. He sent it back and got a new one, but two games of use it started leaking again. After I changed the o-rings is still leaked. Finally I noticed that the O-Ring between the bolt and the solenoid was a little out of place (I was holding the thing about an inch from my face to find that). Also, the stock trigger and end cap are complete fail. It weighs 1.94 pounds

I've only held and fired the Mini on a chrono range, but wasn't fond of the feel. Like Philip said, too small for my hands. Weighs 1.99 pounds.

-NOTE: ActionVillage is having a sale, buy the Proto Rail and get the Ultralight Frame for $25! Good Deal!
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#6 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:45 AM

The fusion will be easiest to clean a break out of and comparing all three, its the easiest to go into its operating system.
I would go with the fusion or the mini(its small light and has little kick).

This post has been edited by Gwac: 04 August 2007 - 08:45 AM

#7 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

i think i'm going to buy a dangerous power LE. i'm going to try my friends mini the next time i play. i like how you can easily strip the fusion for maintenance. the only problem is that i heard you can't use any other grips on them. i would like to be able to use a pair of dye stickys but i guess the stock grips are good enough.

i don't think i'll get a proto rail because i don't like dealing with tons of orings.

if you say that the fusion is a brick, then you have not tried a tippmann. i've been working out and my tippman now feels light as heck.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#8 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

good idea on shooting the mini before you dismiss it(feel is important as well as your perspective on its size and so forth).
The hybrid fusion has hybrid grips, maybe hybrid is making some(or stopped).

#9 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:26 AM

View Posttauman5263, on Aug 4 2007, 12:57 PM, said:

i think i'm going to buy a dangerous power LE. i'm going to try my friends mini the next time i play. i like how you can easily strip the fusion for maintenance. the only problem is that i heard you can't use any other grips on them. i would like to be able to use a pair of dye stickys but i guess the stock grips are good enough.

i don't think i'll get a proto rail because i don't like dealing with tons of orings.

if you say that the fusion is a brick, then you have not tried a tippmann. i've been working out and my tippman now feels light as heck.

By brick I mean top heavy. I'm just a spoolie guy at heart but even a PM5 is like a brick to me for this reason.

#10 User is offline   Pooker 

• Lawl @ this forum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pooker

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

View PostGwac, on Aug 4 2007, 11:45 AM, said:

The fusion will be easiest to clean a break out of and comparing all three, its the easiest to go into its operating system.
I would go with the fusion or the mini(its small light and has little kick).

QFT.
I voted for the Fusion because of what you said about your friend having a mini.
Digitally Dangerous
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce

#11 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

My team has has 1 PMR, 2 Mini's and 3 Fusions, and I have had the chance to shoot all three markers. I myself shoot a Fusion.

The Mini is nice, but feels odd in my hands. I am sure you can get used to shooting it since one guy that shoots one is a 5'11", 140lbs lil guy, the other is a 5'8" 200lbs MMA fighter. Neither have had any Major problems aside from the trigger magnets. However, items like drop forwards and aftermarket regs are not available.

The PMR is nice, though it just does not feel up to the standards of the other two markers.

The Fusion's are getting the nic-name of Angel Killers on our team. I played with a Fusion and an Angel 1 back to back a couple weeks ago, and they felt almost identical aside from the Fusion having slightly more kick. Plus the Fusion is a third of the price. The Eigen Ram (Only like $30-35) will be out within a month, and that will almost completely eliminate any kick the Fusion has. Plus DP has some of the sweetest customer service I have ever seen.

If I had to score the stock markers from 0-100?
Fusion- 87
Mini- 84
PMR- 78

#12 User is offline   BrutishOpus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

all of these are excellent markers and I have tested the mini and own a Proto Rail

the mini is a super small, light, fast marker that works great but since there new on the market theres still some kinks to work out but all around it is a excellent marker

The Proto Rail is a excellent marker also- small, light, and fast and its the new Ion, meaning upgrades are popping up eveywhere, great marker

I have not shot or really seen alot of Fusion so I cant give a honest opinion about them

#13 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

View Posttauman5263, on Aug 4 2007, 09:57 AM, said:

I would like to be able to use a pair of dye stickys but i guess the stock grips are good enough.

I haven't actually tested mine, but they look like standard .45 grips.
Tomorrow (If I think about it), I'll test my Dad's 98C grips on it.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett

#14 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:11 PM

You can put DYE stickys on there, but you won't be able to see the light telling you if your low on battery, eyes on, etc. You could drill a small hole though if you wanted.

#15 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:24 PM

Oh yeah, the LED :( Yeah, you can just punch a small hole in the grip to see it.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users