• You cannot reply to this topic

NJ Nam ive read that last year was a flop Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   runningbear 

• I am the HAMMER for Team MSB
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:runningbear

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

so i was woundering if last year was a disapointment what will the next game look like or if there is going to be one. i have tried to go to the fields web sight but it seems to be down, are they still open? i tried to get the team there lfor the 07 game but no one had $$ and im woundering if i should even try for the 08 season.

#2 User is offline   Thricearch 

• Live Free or DIE
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Thricearch

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:01 PM

what is this?..im assuming its in Jersey but where?

#3 User is offline   hairy rodent  

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:09 PM

View Postrunningbear, on Dec 9 2007, 02:59 PM, said:

so i was woundering if last year was a disapointment what will the next game look like or if there is going to be one. i have tried to go to the fields web sight but it seems to be down, are they still open? i tried to get the team there lfor the 07 game but no one had $$ and im woundering if i should even try for the 08 season.

Yes there is going to be one in 08. It's been released on PB Nation. It's June 7th & 8th. I think 08's will be better because it's going back to Usana. Thricearch , it's in Elmer NJ. I played a big game at Usana in October and it was alot of fun. Their was probably about 350 people there. I didn't hear of any dissapointment's at that game. It looked like they got more refs for that game. Hopefully they will keep it up at NAM 08.

#4 User is offline   Nameless Wonder 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Nameless Wonder

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

At PBN they said it was at USANA Paintball, in NJ. Anyone else plan on attending?

This post has been edited by Nameless Wonder: 09 December 2007 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image
"Humans were made to fart around on this planet, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise."
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Scientology is a cult. Suck it.

#5 User is offline   hairy rodent  

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:15 PM

Their's an address at the bottom of this webpage. I thouht it was Elmer but it's actually Pittsgrove. I'll be there as long as it's not too hot.

http://www.usanapb.com/

This post has been edited by azzkiker: 09 December 2007 - 05:17 PM

#6 User is offline   Small Block 

• Old username= sbcs1085
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:12 PM

I'd like to go. Especially after the disappointing game last year.

I'm looking for a better game since it's going back to the first field it was held at IIRC.

#7 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

We wont be there, thats for damn sure. To many glue eaters in one confined area.
Coming soon.

#8 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:36 AM

This is different producer and different field from the '07 game. The '07 game was put on by Pyro Productions at a different field. For whatever reasons, the game was a let down. Pyro is no longer running the show and the field, USANA, is now being run by a different group, composed of veteran players. The new producers ran a scenario there this fall and it was very well recieved by those who attended. ( http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...59&hl=usana ) No big bells and whistles of helicopter insertions and empty hype. The game format was simpler, but still offered multiple missions and objectives and was just very good. The field is big with a variety of terrain. The price was very competitive. Everything ran smooth. I'm guessing that they'll have their site up and running after the new year. My teammates are sure to put this on our playing calendar once the dates become official. I'm sure there will be a good collection of quality teams and players in attendance, just like the last game.

Delta, were you at the fall game run by new producers?

This post has been edited by D G: 10 December 2007 - 07:49 AM

#9 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:42 AM

D G, I was not.

This operation is, (forgive the expression) nothing more then a wolf in sheeps clothing. Find out who purchased the land, and what relationship the new "producers" have to the former "producers".
Coming soon.

#10 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

gotcha. i can understand some players waiting on more consistant feedback. i think my teammates will go there again, however, just because we had a good time at the fall game. personally, i think that the smartest thing they did was to get rid of the hype talk and simplify things. what was promised was actually delivered. if they stay this route, there is hope for this place. time will tell.

#11 User is offline   Snakeman007 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:59 AM

View Postdeltapaintball, on Dec 10 2007, 09:42 AM, said:

D G, I was not.

This operation is, (forgive the expression) nothing more then a wolf in sheeps clothing. Find out who purchased the land, and what relationship the new "producers" have to the former "producers".

I have to agree 110% this is nothing more than a cover-up we all know whos doing the dirty dealing behine close doors. I was scamed 2x's and will not be fooled 3x's

Hype is a mild term your being nice it was more like out and out lies and false advertiving .

This post has been edited by Snakeman007: 11 December 2007 - 05:02 AM

#12 User is offline   Nameless Wonder 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Nameless Wonder

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:31 AM

Wait, what? I'm sorta confused...
Posted Image
"Humans were made to fart around on this planet, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise."
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Scientology is a cult. Suck it.

#13 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:43 AM

yeah, it is a bit confusing. here's a very quick breakdown:
- NJ Nam '07 was run by Pyro Paintball Productions at Accurate Paintball. A lot of hype generated, but the the game by many accounts, whatever the reasons, did not deliver.
- Before Nam '07, Pyro used to run games at USANA. From what i can tell, reviews were positive, but not always and empty hype was an issue.
- The new USANA production team ran a scenario at USANA a few months ago. Everything went well, it was good game. They are now going to run NJ Nam '08 at USANA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
link to thread about the '07 NJ Nam scenario produced by Pyro:
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=90414

link to thread about the '07 Fall USANA scenario produced by USANA Paintball Club:
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...59&hl=usana

How does the new USANA Paintball Club production team compare to the old Pyro Productions? I do not know their full composition, structure or business mechanics. I do now know that there are some smart old-school players who are part of running the show. They have put on one good game already. How will the '08 NJ Nam game go? I don't know, but I do trust it to be well-run. Who am I to dispense these thoughts on this matter? Nobody. I could be wrong in what i say. There's certainly more history and intrigue out there, LOL.
USANA is supposed to be running a number of scenarios in '08. This field has tremendous potential. I hope these games continue to be good, like the one they just ran in October. The proof will be in the pudding. Right now, i'm waiting to see exactly if and when all this pudding is going to happen, LOL.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to answer the original poster's quetion:

View Postrunningbear, on Dec 9 2007, 04:59 PM, said:

so i was woundering if last year was a disapointment what will the next game look like or if there is going to be one. there will be a game. no details have been announced. just the date, Jun 7-8. i have tried to go to the fields web sight but it seems to be down, are they still open? they say it will be updated soon. i tried to get the team there lfor the 07 game but no one had $$ and im woundering if i should even try for the 08 season. wait for details to decide, maybe attend one of their early season games, if they happen.

hope that helped,
peace.

This post has been edited by D G: 11 December 2007 - 11:53 AM

#14 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:48 AM

Simple answer... Yes it will be better.

better field layout, better everything (from what i have heard)

also (apparantly) there will be helicopter insertions. Not hot though, and you'll have to pay 30 bucks but still... pretty cool.

This is what I have heard

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#15 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

I know alot of the bigger teams are not going back. We stopped going in 2006.
Coming soon.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users