Special Ops Paintball: Omnipat Comparison and mini review - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Omnipat Comparison and mini review

#1 User is offline   Harry_Krishna 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Harry_Krishna

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:44 AM

Normally, I would wear full Multicam BDU's (in the newer ACU cut) which I have loved for some time now when I had lived in So Cal, but since moving to Texas back in March, the heat and humidity in North Texas is too much to bear in regular camo. I mean, back in So Cal, I had no problems playing when it was even 100 in the shade, but the humidity in Texas is just way too much for regular BDU's (if you are not used to it). So for awhile now, I have been using the Invert woodland camo jersey and the XSV camo pants (made by Clutch). They made playing out here bearable, but they just had way too much black in them, and not enough of the camo pattern to be decent for concealment. I could have bought the SpecOps digi jersey gear, but to me the colors are just too dark, I liked Multicam for its chameleon qualities to conceal in almost any terrain. And I sure as heck was not impressed with the PCS camo jersey gear, nor any of the ACU camos available (though I think those are excellent for winter!).

Now, I just got my new Omnipat gear in time for a scenario game over this past weekend out in Harwood, Texas, which is somewhat north of Houston, and east of San Antonio. The temps were in the high 70's to the low 80's, with high humidity due to it being cloudy most of the time, and occasional sprinkles. The game started on Saturday at 10 AM, and ended Sunday at 2 PM - non stop except for a few meal breaks.

I was totally blown away by these new Omnipat Fusion camos! Even in the heat and humidity, the only part of me sweating, was my face where the foam padding of my Grill mask was. Everything else was quite comfortable, though later when I switched from using the vest and remote with my X7 to an NXe pod harness and my 07 EGO, it was even better. Nearly felt like I was just walking around in a T-shirt :happy:

The Omnipat camo performed beyond expectations! Everyone who saw them in the camp area (and those who did NOT see me in the game) were extremely impressed. There were some comments that it was "too green", and a few said "too brown" - but that was because it actually DID keep changing its color qualities in different light and background terrain. Well, after using these, lets just say that the new Omnipat Fusion camo are now my PRIMARY camos, and the Multicam gear has now been shoved into the back of my closet.

To give a fairly decent persepective on how they compare, here are a few pics of me in the Omnipat gear next to other camos. When I got my new Operative vest in Omnipat, it was missing the 2 pouches I normally have on the right side, so I had to take the 2 off my Multicam Operative vest. So you can also see a closer difference right on the vest itself between the 2 camos.

Omnipat vs ACU
Posted Image

Onmipat vs Marpat

Posted Image

Omnipat vs Multicam (notice how much greener the MC looks here!!!!)

Posted Image

Not a side by side, but here is our Smart Parts team jersey in old Tiger Stripe, and the SpecOps Digi pants at the same event

Posted Image

And here is one with me out in the bush during the game

Posted Image

Posted Image

And just for giggles, here is me ages ago in what used to me my favorites, the British DPM camo (a much superior woodland pattern in my oppinion!)

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ZACHARY 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FastAttackZach

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

Cool pics you got there. Getting me some Omnipats really soon :) . Btw you got some nice gear.

-Zak :usa: B)

This post has been edited by ZACHARY: 13 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

#3 User is offline   Harry_Krishna 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Harry_Krishna

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

View PostZACHARY, on Dec 13 2007, 10:44 PM, said:

Cool pics you got there. Getting me some Omnipats really soon :D . Btw you got some nice gear.

-Zak :usa: :P

Thanks. That last pic with my Bushy is from SC Village, around 2000 - 2002. Since moving to Texas, I so miss SCV a lot!!!! Nothing out here like it.

When I was back in SoCal, I was using ACU, and then switched to Multicam. Am out here now in Texas when I got the Omnipat, but I strongly feel that at SCV or HSP, or even Jungle Island, the Omnipat will work perfectly! You will become darn near ivisible in that terrain. And, if the Fusions can help me survive the heat & humidity of Texas, you will feel like you are barely wearing anything there in SoCal. Grrrrr :D

#4 User is offline   ZACHARY 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FastAttackZach

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:59 PM

View PostHarry_Krishna, on Dec 13 2007, 09:54 PM, said:

View PostZACHARY, on Dec 13 2007, 10:44 PM, said:

Cool pics you got there. Getting me some Omnipats really soon :D . Btw you got some nice gear.

-Zak :usa: :P

Thanks. That last pic with my Bushy is from SC Village, around 2000 - 2002. Since moving to Texas, I so miss SCV a lot!!!! Nothing out here like it.

When I was back in SoCal, I was using ACU, and then switched to Multicam. Am out here now in Texas when I got the Omnipat, but I strongly feel that at SCV or HSP, or even Jungle Island, the Omnipat will work perfectly! You will become darn near ivisible in that terrain. And, if the Fusions can help me survive the heat & humidity of Texas, you will feel like you are barely wearing anything there in SoCal. Grrrrr :D

I go to SCV all the time. I love it!!! I have been to Jungle Island a few times but liked SCV more. But its all almost the same sort of desert terrain. Thanks for the advice.

-Zak :usa: :D

#5 User is offline   Mechanical Jester 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical Jester

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:41 PM

I was at the game where he wore those Omni-pats...the scary thing was that they worked too well...he could lay down in the brush there and he was gone.
Team Alter Ego
Proudly supported by:Designer Paintball, Tanks Paintball, Tadao Technologies, Understood, Acid Customs , and MobileTech Paintball

#6 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

*cries a ton* I WANT THOSE!!! man....i really want those but i don't have enough money...(since i'm 14 and just spent some money on a site and am saving up for a car....) man i am so jealous!

#7 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:17 PM

Very nice reviw.

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#8 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

Nice pics, but i still like the MARPAT more than the OOMNIPAT

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#9 User is offline   havokrooster 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLOODLUST OVERLORD

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

i know this post is ancient, but i would like to hear some more about the fusion 7 omnipat rig.

1. how or where is the sizing chart? i wear a 2x pant and 2x jersey in tourney outfits and they are baggy. how can i size this rig so that I am not making any returns?

2. hows the knees in the pants? i wear a set of evil pants and they have a huge padded knee. these pants are tough and my fat butt can run and slide into a bunker in them. are these basically a set of jersey bdus with no support?

3. is there any velcro on the jersey for patches?

4. can you wear a belt with the pants?

5. the lightweight model vs. the heavier outfit.

APX Regional Sales Rep.

#10 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

i can answer some of that.

the pants have a thin belt used for a snug fit, but you can wear a real belt over that, there are belt loops.

the knees and lower legs are thicker material, so they hold up to slides and such. i wear knee pads/shin guards under my pants.

now for sizing, if a 2x is loose enough on you, a 2x in Omnipat should be about the same.

there isnt really any velcro on mine, i have the Fusion jersey. the padded shoulder tops are nice to help keep a vest from nagging your shoulders. on the ultralight jersey, i do think there is a velcro spot on the arm.

i have the Ultra pants, and the Fusion jersey, the only difference from ultra to fusion is the double layers in elbows and such. BOTH BREATHE AMAZINGLY WELL.
that is the biggest difference you will notice. going from regular BDU's to this stuff is like wearing shorts and sitting near the AC. i battle athsma every day, and this stuff enables me to feel much better when playing because of the ventilation of it.

FIND ME:
Posted Image

in this bottom one, i am in the brush, to the lower right of the dude in yellow.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   BK_NC 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

The pattern resembles the new X-Camo I've been seeing:

Posted Image

Arsenal: Ion, Tipp M98
Big Fan of the P90 and will do an airsoft/Ion mod of one someday soon.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users