#16 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

are you open to buying used?
If so..

Then you can grab some AWESOME markers for awesomely low prices.
if you look into used markers you can get Bt-4's and tippmanns for anywhere near 100$ canadien. ( notice the e for francias! yet you still post in english...)

Also on that same note cheak out some classic Automags, there are amazingly simple and will be great with consistancy for C02, plus they will never have the problem of uncocking (like a tippy or a Bt-4) becuase they are a blowforwad design. a classic mag may run anywhere from 100 to 200$ canadian.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 04 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

#17 User is offline   Stealth961 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

thank for the suggestions,but I think its a bit too...late.I ar;eady purchased my marker.now the only thing that I will need in a long future is some upgrade.Looking for a X-Chamber,a stock,a better handgrip,and a drop forward.I dont think other upgrade are necessary.Anyway i'll only upgrade when I will have extra money to spend,rather enjoy my stock gun rather that finding negative points.
Newbie in the sport,i'm just trying to dont make most newb's mistakes.

Marker setup:
Tippman Bravo One
12 Oz CO2 tank
GXG 200 rounds hooper
And a homemade Guillie camo kit

#18 User is offline   Stealth961 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

long time not posted,but it worth it:the marker broke my expectations.Still in good shape,never chopped any pb and perform well.the only heck is that my cocking pin is a bit shacky:it move off 1mm when grabing it,but it dont look like a serious issue.By accident I scratched it on a nail,but i'm not even sure it scratched because there is still the same paint...

so for starter that rely more on their ability to aim 'n fire than spraying,it's a wise choice.the only upgrades that I would recomend is a flatline,
e-grip(if you want full auto) and an expansion chamber(if they exist for Alpha Black).My 160 bucks worth it,and I dont even think about a dam hooper,my is satisfiyng me.Draxxus PB are also good,but if you want to practice,buy some cheap 'n' hard pb to keep your money.
And for the helmet,its good but it fog a little bit and feel a bit too lossy on my face(foam dont grip on my nose).

Marker setup:
Tippman Bravo One
12 Oz CO2 tank
GXG 200 rounds hooper

#19 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:43 AM

So I did a little bit of looking around and found a setup that would probably work well for you. For starters the BT-4 Combat $118.00, it's just as good as a Tippmann 98 but is actually better quality now then Tippmann and the company is owned by Ben Tippmann so he actually use to work with Tipmmann. Next a viewloader 200 ct loader, $8.00 now this loader will work perfectly fine for your BT, I have several of them and we use them at the summer camp I work at, eventually you may want to upgrade to a better loader but this will keep up with your gun and is extremely durable. Add to that a pure energy 20 oz co2 tank $21.57 it's a good tank, fills nice and is the ideal weight for this gun. Again this is the same setup we use at the summer camp and we love it. The final and most important piece of equipment is the goggles, I would go with a pair of Vforce Grillz, they are expensive $75.52 but work extremely well, spare no expense on that. That brings your total to about $292 so you have about 40 left to spend. I would suggest starting by making a gear kit, look into picking up a pair of allen keys you can get them for about $5.00 at most stores, you are going to want some extra o'rings and if you can just get the entire rebuild kit from the company, it's got the screws o'rings and anyother extra parts needed. With the extra money you could buy a case of paint but if you are going to be playing at a field which is the only place you should really be playing check and make sure they have a Bring Your Own Paint policy before spending money on paint.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#20 User is offline   Stealth961 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:51 AM

View PostIrishMack, on Aug 25 2009, 08:43 AM, said:

So I did a little bit of looking around and found a setup that would probably work well for you. For starters the BT-4 Combat $118.00, it's just as good as a Tippmann 98 but is actually better quality now then Tippmann and the company is owned by Ben Tippmann so he actually use to work with Tipmmann. Next a viewloader 200 ct loader, $8.00 now this loader will work perfectly fine for your BT, I have several of them and we use them at the summer camp I work at, eventually you may want to upgrade to a better loader but this will keep up with your gun and is extremely durable. Add to that a pure energy 20 oz co2 tank $21.57 it's a good tank, fills nice and is the ideal weight for this gun. Again this is the same setup we use at the summer camp and we love it. The final and most important piece of equipment is the goggles, I would go with a pair of Vforce Grillz, they are expensive $75.52 but work extremely well, spare no expense on that. That brings your total to about $292 so you have about 40 left to spend. I would suggest starting by making a gear kit, look into picking up a pair of allen keys you can get them for about $5.00 at most stores, you are going to want some extra o'rings and if you can just get the entire rebuild kit from the company, it's got the screws o'rings and anyother extra parts needed. With the extra money you could buy a case of paint but if you are going to be playing at a field which is the only place you should really be playing check and make sure they have a Bring Your Own Paint policy before spending money on paint.

Please next time take your time to read all the posts,My marker is aleardy purshased.the BT4 has aleardy been given as a choice but I got something a bit better(all aluminium body rock).And even if my Alpha black is heavy,I love it when its heavy.

Marker setup:
Tippman Bravo One
12 Oz CO2 tank
GXG 200 rounds hooper

#21 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

I would go with the A-5 because although they can become money pits, they are one of the best beginner guns you can buy. If you dont go for that, then I would say the SP-1 from Smart Parts, this gun is amazing out of the box and it works just fine with CO2, My friend has an SP-1 and he uses CO2 and it works great. But when buying new gear, a gun is just part of the picture, one thing that you must have thats nice is a mask. I understand that ur on a tight budget but whatever you gotta do, ask for more allowance, more chores, ask for money for your birthday and christmas, what ever, GET A NICE MASK, a few good choices would be Profilers, Grillz, Events. A good mask and a good gun are essential for paintball! Welcome to the forum and welcome to paintball! :P

This post has been edited by Minnesota Sn1p3r: 31 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#22 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

I would go with --

....just kidding dude. Well if you're still reading this topic, I'd say do yourself a favor and play with your gun an awful lot before you start considering upgrades -- an easy mistake I fell into was buying every aftermarket part I could find for my new toys. I did myself a favor by running out of money; see, maybe it was something about my markers, but none of them liked change very much. Besides, most of the upgrades you can buy -- even the efficiency mods -- aren't really needed, and you might save yourself enough cash to play an extra weekend or two by skipping a few ups. After all, that Alpha Black is a beast enough already, am I right?
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#23 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:06 PM

im one of them people that swears by their 98 custom..

i got a custom pro e grip few years ago... after already owning a stock 98...

and i can go paintball 2-3 times a month.. not take it apart and clean it.. and it will still shoot.

i got an apex barrel and so far this year i have not broken any paint...

people say the TPX or the T8 is the glock of paintball..

well if glock made an assault rifle... the 98 would be the glock of paintball...
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#24 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

View PostSO45615, on Sep 21 2009, 01:06 AM, said:

people say the TPX or the T8 is the glock of paintball..

well if glock made an assault rifle... the 98 would be the glock of paintball...

Actually, I have yet to hear people equating the TPX or T8 with Glock.

And I find the second analogy (the 98 and a Glock made rifle) severely flawed.
Member of Team Akkadian

#25 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:47 AM

68 Classic Automag
...or MiniMag. (same valve, different name)

I've owned several 68 Automags/MiniMags and keep one as a loaner gun.
  • ridiculously reliable
  • easy to fix
  • accurate (read: "consistent") with a built in regulator

• works great on CO2 or HPA
  • more silent and efficient than a blow-back semi-auto like a Tippman or Spyder
  • less tricky to get working right than an Autococker.
  • Cost: usually $125-175.
There was one on the forum being sold for about $90 without accessories; that would be a good bet if you want to customize it. BTW: at the height of the mechanical tournament era, Automags could go for over $1,000. These are extremely high-quality markers available for next to nothing now that "electro-pneumatic" is all the rage.

EDIT: whoops. Missed the note you'd bought a marker. My advice still stands for anyone looking at a new/used marker.

This post has been edited by cjottawa: 24 September 2009 - 07:59 AM

#26 User is offline   Anti Hero 

• Pain makes me laugh, seriously.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:λNTI-HERO

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

Mask first. Then marker. It's not a gun, it's a marker. If you spend enough time in the paintball community, you'll see why we are so hectic on separating paintball from actual firearms use. Not bullets, or pellets, they're Paintballs, paint, or balls.

I have a 98 custom Pro, i paid 260 for my whole setup with a JT Radar mask (decent mask for a beginner, but the lense is hard to take out for cleaning, but it's also firmly in there so it's a give or take situation) and i didn't get a CO2 for that since i don't like CO2's consistency or reliability. It can freeze the marker, and they without question fail after a specific amount of time, so if you do get a 20oz CO2, look into HPA soon, it's better, cheaper and more efficient.

If you want something cheaper, a BT-4 is great (might even leave money for an HPA tank). Or even a cheaper pump, those are as mechanical as you can get, and reliable, but a little slower. When it comes to this sport, you can't outweigh safety, so you need a good mask that fits and feels good and isn't going to move around on your face.

#27 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:41 AM

View PostStealth961, on Aug 4 2009, 09:30 PM, said:

Well,my purchase is done:Tippmann Alpha Black Bravo One,cheap viewloader,VForce Shield mask,12Oz CO2 tank and 1000 Draxxus Bronze pellet. all cost me avg. 320$.
Didn't fire it but tomorow gona look more closelly at my beast.Look is simply too munch amazing.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users