HK Diopter Sights on A5 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DamonP45 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dame

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

Hello my friends.
I am considering an A5 marker and I was wondering if the standard iron sights (diopter sights) use the same front sight post as the real HK firearms (G3, MP5, HK416, all use the diopter sights). I would like to replace the front sight post with a post that has tritium. I would also recommend this to everyone (if possible) as they greatly increase your capabilities in low-light. I know of the 'glow paint', but that is really no replacement for good tritium.
ETA: For those who are wondering, XS Sights makes a tritium replacement. Yeah, they're spendy, but worth it in my opinion.
ETA again:If they do not use the same post, I suppose I could get a 'shroud' for the gun that has a full picatinny rail on top and install AR rail mounted sights. AR front sight posts and rear peeps with tritium are plentiful and inexpensive. What would you recommend that will provide a full top rail? This is an expensive route but I already know every rail mounted sight on the market so it would be easy to put together the way I want. I'd go with either the Larue rear sight/LMT front, MI flips, or maybe the new Magpul flip ups whenever they're released.

Thanks.

Damon.

This post has been edited by DamonP45: 11 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

Aim small, miss small.
Forum Republican #2.

#2 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

What type of look are you going for with your A-5? If your going full Mil-Sim you might want to check out Tippmann's X7, they have a full rail across the top of the marker.

As for sights why not just get a red dot? They work better than post sights in my opinion.

Also Welcome to the forums, and be prepared for a bunch of people telling you that you don't need sights. I personally find them very helpful.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#3 User is offline   DamonP45 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dame

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

View PostKRA SHARPSHOOTER, on Apr 11 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

What type of look are you going for with your A-5? If your going full Mil-Sim you might want to check out Tippmann's X7, they have a full rail across the top of the marker.

As for sights why not just get a red dot? They work better than post sights in my opinion.

Also Welcome to the forums, and be prepared for a bunch of people telling you that you don't need sights. I personally find them very helpful.

Thank you for your input.

The A5 has aftermarket accessories that I would like (for example the 14.5" M4 barrels). IMHO tritium night sights are standard equipment with or without a red dot. Red dots can fail. I even go so far as to co-witness the sights so that I can use the irons with the optic installed.
Sights are absolutely necessary and I ALWAYS use them.
Aim small, miss small.
Forum Republican #2.

#4 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

X7's and A-5's have the same barrel threads, but A-5's have so so many upgrades and mods available. The X7 is getting there but it is still too new to equal the number that the A-5 has.

And I personally like tritiums. They are a very nice sight. I personally never used sights on my A-5 just because I was kind of a cheapy in that area, because I didn't feel like buying an offset.

I'm thinking off the top of my head that they use different mounts then the iron sights but don't quote me on that, so you'll probably have to go the rail route so get it setup.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users