• You cannot reply to this topic

T-9 Elite Price Bro looking into purchasing one Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE 

• Commander of Arkk Angelz
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:24 PM

Now that my little brother has taken interest in woodsball, he's now looking into getting the T-9 Elite. Do any of you guys have a solid price range, because I've heard from $300 to over $500.
IPB Image

#2 User is offline   The Judge 

• Deranged Bystander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Assassin

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:30 PM

I'm getting $479.95 everywhere I look. I wouldn't even pay $200 for that thing. God it's so badly designed...
TAW Paintball: The best Scenario ball in the west! / Join Pumpers of America

The Sabre isn't "slashing and stabbing" so much as perpetually poking the enemy until they make a mistake. - Flakk

Sling mud and argue for my entertainment

#3 User is offline   ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE 

• PipPip

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

Thanks. I tried talking him into at least an A-5, if not an X7, but the kid just loves the idea of a scope, laser sight, and flashlight coming with rifle. As for design problem, the necessity of having to have a remote line if your going to use a hopper is rediculous.
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   The Judge 

• Deranged Bystander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Assassin

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:42 PM

View PostARKK ANGELZ EAGLE, on Jul 11 2007, 04:39 PM, said:

Thanks. I tried talking him into at least an A-5, if not an X7, but the kid just loves the idea of a scope, laser sight, and flashlight coming with rifle. As for design problem, the necessity of having to have a remote line if your going to use a hopper is rediculous.

I thought the same thing when I played paintball the first time. Everyone says that. Paintball is NOT Halo, and most people (unless they are strictly hardcore scenario ballers) will regret not having a more versatile gun. Get him an Ion for $200, and if he REALLY wants a tactical gun, get him a blackcell kit.
TAW Paintball: The best Scenario ball in the west! / Join Pumpers of America

The Sabre isn't "slashing and stabbing" so much as perpetually poking the enemy until they make a mistake. - Flakk

Sling mud and argue for my entertainment

#5 User is offline   Fellwarre 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bush

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

Wow, like all the T-9 bashing here.

First, you do not 'need' to use a remote with the hopper. The 12 gram magazine will feed about 18 balls per magazine with or without the hopper.

The Elite is, however, a bad choice, simply because as everyone /should/ know, a laser sight and a scope don't mean a whole lot in paintball. Especially depending on the magnification of the scope. About all they'll do is get you near the target. Having said that, my red-dot gives me about a 2-inch margin of error from about 25 yards away (and obviously, it'll get bigger from there.) If he really wants a T-9, he should want it BECAUSE of it's versatility, and the ability to go from a pistol to a rifle. In that case, he should (in my opinion) get the T-9 base package (about $300) and get the accessories he wants seperate. He'd probably save a bit of cash that way.

I admit I don't know a whole lot about the 'Ion.' I'd like to know about the versitility you mention. Is it because an Ion can be used in both a Speedball game and a scenario game?

As far as the rifle design, I suppose saying it's 'poorly designed' depends on what you want it designed for. Comparing the T-9 to the X-7 or the A-5 is about as good a comparrison as comparing a 1911 to an AR15. If you want a handgun that you can occasionally turn into a rifle (like I did) get a T-9. If you want a long gun that 'shoots lots' but still has a mil-sim look, get an A-5, like my wife did. We both love our markers, and occasionally swap, but they're two completely different worlds (especially as she has the bullpup mod on hers.) But the bottom line is, I like mine because I mostly play pistol, not rifle.

So, the bottom line is, when you say the T-9 isn't a good marker, it's because you're trying to plug a round peg into a hexagonal hole. If your brother is only ever, ever going to use the rifle portion, and is interested in blowing much paint out of the front of it, then yes, I'd suggest the X-7/A-5 or even the Ion.

By the by, here's my T-9 with less than $150 worth of add-on's (including the price of the tank.)

Posted Image
"All pity choked with the custom of (Fell's) deeds."

#6 User is offline   ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE 

• PipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:22 AM

Kinda got a bit of Dagger goin on there.

I don't hate the T-9. I actually admire what it tries to accomplish. I've used in the past, and I found its accuarcy a bit superior to the A-5. However, he his, in Special Ops terms, a Broadsword. He's goin for the A-5 (He thinks the X7 is too bulky) now after I showed him an old issue of Recon that had the catalogs. He basically fell in love with the A5-A2, so I'll surprise him with either the Sabre or Broadsword kit.
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   Fellwarre 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bush

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:42 PM

View PostARKK ANGELZ EAGLE, on Jul 12 2007, 08:22 AM, said:

Kinda got a bit of Dagger goin on there.

I don't hate the T-9. I actually admire what it tries to accomplish. I've used in the past, and I found its accuarcy a bit superior to the A-5. However, he his, in Special Ops terms, a Broadsword. He's goin for the A-5 (He thinks the X7 is too bulky) now after I showed him an old issue of Recon that had the catalogs. He basically fell in love with the A5-A2, so I'll surprise him with either the Sabre or Broadsword kit.

Yeah, if he's not going to use the pistol only function (I've only used the setup above about 4 times out of the last 10 times I've played) then the A-5 is a good way to go.

You're going to 'surprise' him with an A5-A2? Geeze... where can /I/ get a brother like you ;)
"All pity choked with the custom of (Fell's) deeds."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users