• You cannot reply to this topic

Anti-Tank tactics playing a game with tanks soon Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   callsignmars 

• ANAMAL RUSH IMMINENT
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ANAMAL

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

Our field accepts objective demo charges for tank killing.

Guy on my team duped the tank into running right over it and got the kill.

#17 User is offline   stormtrooperofdeathnz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

Here in new zealand no one has a tank but if we did I would reccomend having a rule about not shooting up the windscreen.
It is just a cheap and easy tactic and takes no real skill and is not very safe if a driver can't see.

#18 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

technically if you can shoot up the viewports to block the view the crew has no option but to RTB and clean it off. as far as safety goes, the max speed is like 5-10mph. not fast enough to careen into a ditch or anything.

as far as eliminating them goes, leaving a satchel next to the road and waiting for a tank to get withing 5-10 feet and yelling boom is usually enough to count as a detonation for the satchel charge. just make sure a ref is clear on the rules and present because the crew will definitely be like WTF?!?! when they're told they're out and nothing hit the tank. lol.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#19 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

Shadowolf, on 31 December 2009 - 06:24 PM, said:

The tank got right in the middle of us and there team broke the treeline. I and the other sniper took out the tank with a grenade and picked of the rest of the team from the grass. Not a person was lost that day.

and thats y u have a few guys with the tank...
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#20 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

As an a-t gunner at d-day, i can tell you the rear is where you want to attack a tank from. I don't know about using grenades, since i had a PIAT i could be a little more stand-offish. That being said, good camo, patience, and some nerve you can pop up right next to a tank without them spotting you. The biggest mistake i see other A-T gunners make is getting nervous and popping up too soon. Tanks have some major blind spots (like a car, remember driver's ed?) so take advantage of them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#21 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:14 AM

that whole post being about ambushing a tank coming down a tank path. Actively going after a tank sitting on an objective requires some smoke and mirrors. You need a distraction element ("bait") for the tank to focus on while you move in from the other direction. Smoke grenades are awesome for this, they see the orange smoke and expect someone to come charging through. I'll throw smoke where i'm NOT going to be, and at other times i'll use my smoke for cover, but throw an extra one to confuse the tank crew. Hehehehe, i *heart* smoke grenades. Oh, and if you are using some sort of nerf launcher or D-Day "marker in a tube" make sure to keep your launcher hidden. If the tank crew spots it, they'll freak out and target you like a madman.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#22 User is offline   Chewy-BC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

I played in a game where tanks could only use their main turret and we had a tank drive full speed into our base with no infantry support and we had no anti-tank support so a bunch of us just ran circles around the tank shooting the windows until one of them broke and we shot all the players inside. They were very pissed but if your tanks armor can be penetrated by paintballs then the same rules apply to the players in the tank that do to they players outside of it. (they all had to have masks on so it was safe). also if the tank crew thinks no one is around they tend to poke their heads out of the top ive gotten lucky enough once to snipe out a tank this way before.

#23 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:21 AM

I don't know where you are playing, but most tank rules prohibit most of what you describe. At most fields, tank speeds are kept at a crawl to prevent running over players. They are restricted to tank trails to avoid running over players wearing ghillie suits. Players are prohibited from approaching within a certain distance of a moving tank, again with the preventing running over players. And any automotive glass windows are required to be replaced with some sort of netting, for the very reason that glass can break, and field owners don't want broken glass on their fields. I do like the idea of being able to shoot anyone who pokes their head out of the turret though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Chewy-BC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

Eagle Eye, on 14 August 2011 - 07:21 AM, said:

I don't know where you are playing, but most tank rules prohibit most of what you describe. At most fields, tank speeds are kept at a crawl to prevent running over players. They are restricted to tank trails to avoid running over players wearing ghillie suits. Players are prohibited from approaching within a certain distance of a moving tank, again with the preventing running over players. And any automotive glass windows are required to be replaced with some sort of netting, for the very reason that glass can break, and field owners don't want broken glass on their fields. I do like the idea of being able to shoot anyone who pokes their head out of the turret though.

The tank crew were being a bit of %^^$#'s they were told not to drive thier tank into any of the bases. The window was made of bulletproof glass but the force of the paintballs hitting it at point blank range broke whatever was holding it to the wooden body of the tank.

There has been an explosion of tanks in the British Columbia area over the past few years. There wernt really any around before so tank crews and tank rules are still being tweaked around here.

#25 User is offline   waldtoftheGreen 

• The King in the North
  • Pip

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

Climb atop the tank, forcefully open the hatch and throw paint grenades down into the turret.
:dodgy:
SWEDISH GERMAN NORWEGIAN DANISH
"Give me honorable enemies rather than ambitious ones, and I'll sleep more easily by night."
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users