• You cannot reply to this topic

Pump Packs Looking for advice on packs Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   D_Ram777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

View PostLegato, on 01 March 2011 - 01:39 AM, said:

I like Joyrides, but my wife stole mine, so i just use either my Smokin SCP pants, a pb mafia legdrop, or the Spec Ops forearm holster. I also will use the wrist holsters from pb mafia for quick speedball games. I have a variety of packs. You need to figure out how you best want to carry ammo and where. Each place will give you diffferent benefits and downfalls. Where do YOU want to carry it? Spec ops carries a nice variety of SC gear if you search the store under pump stuff

is pbmafia pretty much the way to go for a pump pack?

#17 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

What he's trying to say is look around and find something that places the tubes in a place you can reach easily/quickly - from there, you can search the product for reviews as to it's durability.

Placement of tubes is largely personal preference.

#18 User is offline   D_Ram777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 02 March 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

What he's trying to say is look around and find something that places the tubes in a place you can reach easily/quickly - from there, you can search the product for reviews as to it's durability.

Placement of tubes is largely personal preference.

well is there any pump packs out there that are just low quality?

#19 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:07 PM

Haven't played with enough to say - again, search for what you want first and then find a couple reviews. If you find something you like specifically, you could ask here again.

#20 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:03 AM

Nothing really low quality out there really except for hand made stuff. Any thing you buy in stores will be fine. For years i just used the $3 ronin wrist holster.

http://shop.specialo...-pump-gear.html

I really love my forearm guard. But if you don't have big forearms or long ones, you may want to give them measurements and get a custom one. The belt one i like too. Just not a normal thing for me

PB mafia does make excellent gear...www.pbmafia.com. Quality is top notch too.

Like was said, take some tubes and place them on your body in various spots and find out how you like it. Everyone is different. And different games may call for different harnesses. Like if i am playing long woodsball games i use my Smokin SCP pants and put like 3 tubes per leg (Front and back) or use the PB mafia leg drop and put like 7 tubes in it. If i am just playing speedball then i only use a PB mafia wrist harness or Spec Ops Forearm guard and put like 3 tubes in there and 2 12 grams.

everyone has their own likes of what they use and what they don't like. Practice kneeling and moving in your living room and see where you can easily get tubes off your body from your normal stances and positions

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#21 User is offline   D_Ram777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

View PostLegato, on 03 March 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

Nothing really low quality out there really except for hand made stuff. Any thing you buy in stores will be fine. For years i just used the $3 ronin wrist holster.

http://shop.specialo...-pump-gear.html

I really love my forearm guard. But if you don't have big forearms or long ones, you may want to give them measurements and get a custom one. The belt one i like too. Just not a normal thing for me

PB mafia does make excellent gear...www.pbmafia.com. Quality is top notch too.

Like was said, take some tubes and place them on your body in various spots and find out how you like it. Everyone is different. And different games may call for different harnesses. Like if i am playing long woodsball games i use my Smokin SCP pants and put like 3 tubes per leg (Front and back) or use the PB mafia leg drop and put like 7 tubes in it. If i am just playing speedball then i only use a PB mafia wrist harness or Spec Ops Forearm guard and put like 3 tubes in there and 2 12 grams.

everyone has their own likes of what they use and what they don't like. Practice kneeling and moving in your living room and see where you can easily get tubes off your body from your normal stances and positions

hey thanks very good tips on what to look for and think about hopefully this helps other people also..

#22 User is offline   Stonedog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

I run a 50 round hopper so for me it is the PBmafia 5/50 pack all the way with my 50 round pods! It even has two extra pockets on the back, for my grenades, if I am playing scenario. At my age and with my ankles....I am a snooper....I leave all the heroic runs and guns for you young guys! For some reason I tend to get more than my fair share of kills though....

This post has been edited by Stonedog: 26 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

#23 User is offline   undeadmouse 

• Look! An undead mouse!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:undeadmouse

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'm very fond of my PBMafia leg harness, although you need the right physical build (long legs that aren't too skinny, I look kind of like a stickman with muscular legs) to not have it either ride up into your crotch or down to your knee, although the pbmafia leg harness is a lot better then most with adjustability. I also technically use the Joyride (I usually use 2 tubes a game and the leg harness holds 9), but that is just because of said physical build normal belts don't work too well for me and the extra thickness of the harness keeps it from sliding around.

The only problem I've had with the Joyride is if you prefer quick cap tubes the loops on them get snagged on bushes and the like and they get pulled out and that empty tubes seem to want to fall out sometimes. Neither is a big enough deal for me to not recommend it, as you can get a dump pouch for the empty tubes (saves on forgetting where you are too :P ) and mind your backside if you are by anything with bits that you can get caught on.
Hide in shame from my lack of aim! - Pump Member 112 (It's been over 2 years, okay?) ...blah dropped to 54% shot efficiency.
I'm back from a long long long time of no paintball, drooling over markers older then I am.

#24 User is offline   Fallout 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Use a shotgun belt, around the waist or around the shoulder/chest.
Posted Image
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."
Such is the Rule of Honor

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users