• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Halfblock conversions list Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   667675765 

• has retired from the sport
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

I see a lot of interest in these conversions recently so I though I'd make a list of places to get you're gun converted
First off, let me explain what some of these coversions mean.

Halfblock - The top tube behind the feed is almost completely removed, the bolt and pump arm are shortened, and the gun becomes top-cocking.

Midblock - The same as a halfblock however most of the top tube is left in-tact.

Mini - The bottom tube in front is shortened flush with the top tube and re-threaded for a gas-screw/frontblock.

Midget- The bottom tube at the rear is cut flush with the grip frame. Can also usually be done to a regular cocker with an evo bolt and 2k block combo.

Micro - An autococker with a mini, midget, and halfblock/midblock conversion.

Osiris - Think Intimidator inside, cocker outside. Uses an autococking system paired with an intimidator style firing system. This is here because you can get conversions done.

MQ valve(MQ2 valve) - Technically a conversion because it changes your gun to fully electro-pnuematic. I'm not going into detain over the rise and fall of PBX, but Kerry A. Johnson has on his site KaJohnson.com. He re-vamped and now sells the MQ2 valves with another original designer calling themselves MTX.

Now a few websites. I'll provide descriptions of each.
FBM Factory
FBM has many unique body kits and parts for a few guns like cockers, ions, imps, and spyders. They do specialty milling and anno upon request.

JCM and WWA
JCM is a small, possibly 1 man, company that does almost all of the above conversions and mods. They work in conjunction with WWA who supplies most of thier parts and components.

Alamo City PB
Another small company that specializes in delrin bolts for almost all markers, they are very high quality and can be custom milled upon request. This place makes the only aftermarket Black Magic bolts I've seen.

Doc's Machine
Home of the whiteboard and some top-notch airsmithing and milling services too. Send an e-mail his way and see if he can't do what you need.

Turtle Innovation
These guys were on my red flag list for a while, but it looks like they're under new management, but with the same good stuff as before. If I hear any kind of complaints I'll re-flag them.

TX Tuning
Yes another small company, Parts and a few milling jobs, but I'm not certain they still do conversions. They're located overseas so unless you're there you may have issues shipping to them.

Disruptive PB
An awsome company who sell "disruptors" they're own breed of fully modified halfblock. They also sell my personal favorite ram thats made by belsales specially for them, its basically a .44 magnum with the DP logo on it.

Warped Sportz LA
Used to sell the Z-force cocker however I don't see it on thire site anymore.

Anyone interested will like this site. It has many different jobs in it's gallery.
http://www.halfcocker.com/index.php

EDIT: fixed a few spelling/grammar errors
EDIT: links added
EDIT: Major overhaul
EDIT: MQ vlave added - 10/26/07

This post has been edited by 667675765: 26 October 2007 - 02:05 PM

#2 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:00 PM

THIS IS FROM "m_dogg2021"

There are only really three types of mods to the body but ill have more then three in here.

Posted Image

One - halfblock/halfie/turtle, halfblocking is what you do when you cut the upper back part off of the gun off.

For you to do this you need to mod: Hammer, Pump Arm, Body, Bolt and Back Block.

You can as well do this to a spyder accept you only need the body and I think I will get into that later.

Posted Image

Two - Midgetizing, when midgetizing the gun there will a piece cut off of the lower back of the gun,

The body will be re taped. For you to do this you need to mod: Body, Pump Arm, Back Block and Bolt

Posted Image

Three - Mining, This is when the front of the gun is cut off and re taped.

For you to do this you need to mod: Body, Pump Arm and Actuating rod

This post has been edited by snipa fo life: 23 September 2007 - 03:55 PM

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:16 AM

Only cause i'm nice, and if i ever get a cocker again, i'd do this to it before i convert it to a sniper.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   Pilot_Mon 

• member and co-founder of THE UNIT PB team
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pilot_Mon

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:27 AM

Good Post man !
Put this in your sig if you're a Christian paintballer

#5 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:14 PM

EDITED OUT. MOVED TO THE SECOND POST

This post has been edited by snipa fo life: 23 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

#6 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:03 PM

A midblock is slightly different from a halfblock. Note the 2005 Black Magic. Midblocked.

Other variants are Doc's Fastback, which is a nice cross... essentially a halfblock, but the sled is a little more contained, this bringing it closer to a midblock in performance and stability.

FBM sells the "FILTER DODGE" cocker (kids, don't use that word at home :laugh:). It's a definite halfblock, but has a slightly more advanced, designed cut up top, like Doc's midblock, so it looks a bit more refined.

Essentially, while a halfblock is great for weight reduction, it actually can cause the bolt to become a nice moment arm being shoved around by the cocking rod, which cases premature bolt wear. A midblock holds the bolt aligned to the body a bit better, and really keeps everything in a little better shape in the long run. And looks nicer. Only advantages of a half over a mid are weight (about 1.5 oz) and simplicity of the modification, and thus cost.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#7 User is offline   TaCticulMerderer18 

• Tom Kaye, Mike Cassidy, Glenn Palmer and Budd Orr.... DemiGods
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shiek

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:49 PM

anyone know why halfcocker.com is down?

Even if you don't see it on the site, we can still get it for you!!!
No, we won't be stocking .50 caliber anything....

#8 User is offline   667675765 

• has retired from the sport
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:28 PM

Hadn't noticed. They are a forum site, its possible they are updating or any number of server problems.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users