Special Ops Paintball: Why i hate comcast. - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Why i hate comcast. Crappy customer service..

#16 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:54 AM

I HATE COMCAST

when we moved here, two (2!) of their super SHIZZLY [I DON'T WASH MY HANDS AFTER I WIPE] modems committed suicide. they later deduced (get this) that a phone line that wasn't in use in the house had a short that fried the modems. I'm not kidding. Did I mention the line was on the other end of the house from the room where the computers are hooked up.

and I mentioned it wasn't in use, it was just a wall jack hooked into the main box for the house that connects to the lines outside, right? their genius solution? tape over it.

Let alone that my internet and cable will, randomly, for no apparent reason go down for periods of 5-15 minutes every so often- or better, 1-2 hours about once a week.

oh, and their modem 'forgets' that it's hooked up to a router then we have to play the "reset these two damn boxes till they remember each other exist" game every time power goes out, which is at least once monthly.

Time warner/roadrunner? we'd loose net for like an hour weekly. everything else was ok.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#17 User is offline   sycho gunner 

• Ambush Broadsword/ Phantom Blade
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:sycho gunner

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

dial up utterly sucks
between verizon and comcast

sadly comcast is the better choice
though some of the comcast techs are utter inconsiderate bastards
in 04, a tech came out to fix a problem my family was havign witha box, seems the line wasnt grounded. the dude mickey moused everything and he still didnt groudn it what he did do was cancelled the Comcast Grandfather package my family had
one of the best packages to have but you need to have had comcast for years and must be upgrading to digital cable

well few months later we returned the boxes due to budgeting reasons
and since 04 I had verizon DSL up until afew month ago upgraded to comcast cable for internet
it is indeed faster and powerbost is a godsend as instead of taking 45-50 minutes to download a 55MB file
it takes just 5 minutes

well when the tech this time around that came to install my new net well much better then the last guy that came. he fixed all the stuff the other guy did and told me that if you truely want fast internet with comcast make sure you cut down on the spliters as ever time you use a spliter the signal strength will degrade by 3mbs. the incoming strength I have now is 12mbs but I have 3 mbs going to my router because of the spliters in the line.
Needless to say that after the guy finished installing my net he wanted to know who the bastard that did the service call before I told him he was ther ein 04. he told me that nobody from 04 was still around and told me that 95% of the tech back then knew jack squat and mickeymoused everything.

Comcast is the lesser of the 2-3 evils

if your net is slow look to see what the spliter is rated, look to see if you have the stronger signal strength going to your TV.

#18 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dýoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

I have AT&T Uverse for phone/TV/Internet. Fiber optics ftw.
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#19 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:54 AM

Sycho, if the installing tech is a smart tech he would know enough to pipeline right to your router. Like take the signal going into the house, put one splitter on. One goes to your Internet router, the other gets split x many times to go to all Tv's, phones, whatever. That way the router/internet get a commanding amount of bandwidth to them. Not something divided up x many times already.

And i agree Ike, Fiber FTW. So crisp clean and amazing. I want it badly, but it's still not available in my condo units. :D

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#20 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:02 AM

Don't forget how comcast likes to sneak in those extra prices...

The neighborhood I grew up in was a testing bed for fiber optics years ago. It was fricken GREAT being one of the few in my HS with it. I miss it...ah well, WiFi hotspots FTW!
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#21 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

View PostCptObvious, on Sep 18 2009, 03:02 AM, said:

Don't forget how comcast likes to sneak in those extra prices...

The neighborhood I grew up in was a testing bed for fiber optics years ago. It was fricken GREAT being one of the few in my HS with it. I miss it...ah well, WiFi hotspots FTW!

every time i call they "credit" my account for the day... so i "save" money.... yay... once in a great while i get free tv..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#22 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

Comcast is made of fail. they got some deal on the whole town and we cant have any other cable company, stupid selectmen. My dads business is supposed to have crazy fast internet... its so slow that half the time my browser times out before i can post on specops. hell, the freaking schools internet is faster, and it take 10 minutes to load a 30 second youtube clip.

Its because we have some ginormous servers and stuff in town hogging bandwith, but comcast refuses to give us more wires or whatever, because we 'should' be rural use. So instead, we keep calling them down here, when our internet just up and freezes altogether, and they go examine the line and say 'well guess its an unusually busy time of day, 200 bucks'. it could be 4am and theyd stil lsay that

#23 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

So they got rid of some great channels on basic cable. They got rid of AMC, History Channel,and Cartoon Network. Then they expect you to buy the box if you want those channels back. I hate them.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#24 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:45 PM

View Postcommander mike, on Oct 12 2009, 03:31 PM, said:

So they got rid of some great channels on basic cable. They got rid of AMC, History Channel,and Cartoon Network. Then they expect you to buy the box if you want those channels back. I hate them.

OMG that is sooo freaking stupid!!!

there freaking nickle and dimming us..

View Postcommander mike, on Oct 12 2009, 03:31 PM, said:

OMG that is sooo freaking stupid!!!

there freaking nickle and dimming us..
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#25 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

my piece of crap box just stopped working....

What the HELL!!!
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#26 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

I love comcast internet. Super fast, no problems. Only goes out maybe once or twice a year and only for a short time.

Oh, or cable (tv) works fine too. I don't know that we ever lost it

This post has been edited by SpudCrushr: 21 October 2009 - 11:38 PM

Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:48 PM

UPDATE:

Comcast still sucks.. the new box they gave me is a crappy piece of crap...

tomorrow is my day off, and someone is going to question why they even came into work...
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#28 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

DirectTV for the win.
Trust me, I'm a Doctor.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#29 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

i like comcast...
1. never have problems with connection
2. really fast
3. can plug a cable into a tv and get a signal.... wont get my digital channels (actually will soon as they offer 2 free digital boxes that dont get on demand or tv guide but that is still good)
4. verizon is not in my area...

what are you saying is better? fios.. my bro in law switched.. he is going to go back to comcast once he contract is over... he said so many hidden fees.... also $5 per tv for a box.. as you MUST have a box to get ANY channel.....

ill keep my comcast.... :dodgy:
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#30 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:35 PM

View PostLegato, on Sep 16 2009, 11:47 PM, said:

View PostMech CB, on Sep 16 2009, 10:23 PM, said:

Oh yea-when it rains, watch out! For some reason, the lines can't handle the rain.

see that should only be a problem for phone lines and other twisted pairs. Rain can create shorts and crosses in the pairs, causing troubles. But coax is shileded through many layers, no way they should be able to cross. The only thing i can think is the sac box isn't water proofed or has a crack, and it must be getting on the contacts. We have a sac box in south boston that is like that. Everytimne it rains or snows, troubles abound

Wait... they hook you up to the network via COAX? Well thar's yar problem champ.
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users