Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

well it would be a dagger with marginal gille so he can move but can hide to

But a very good idea for once

This post has been edited by cowcow2831: 14 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

L.I.P Matt

#17 Guest_MOUTguy_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:49 AM

I'd do this: Two scouts and a Heavy Rifleman on a PT.

I was thinking that the Scouts would be "Modified" Medium Riflemen, 5 pods, no other air and a greande. The 5 pods are in case they get sucked into a firefight and friendlies aren't able to get there quick like Daggers. The grenade could take out a bunker. But there main job would be: When you see something, say something {over the radio}

But ghilles are overkill. He's calling out positions or getting into close combat, not picking off the opposition commander.

This post has been edited by MOUTguy: 16 June 2007 - 06:51 AM

#18 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:50 PM

Well as the member holding this name I would like to thank the academy, and special ops...

I guess I could see a use of a scout but everyone seems to have different opinions of how the scout should be oriented.

If you want someone calling positions and stuff back to the rest of the squad give them a pistol, its the lightest they're going to get. No extra ammo, no more air, just the pistol. Give them some heavy camoflauge(never could spell that) and find a high point for the to observe from. Maybe have some binoculars or something for you observe the other team with. This guys job is pure observation, his job is not, I repeat not to make contact with the other team. If someone walks past from the other team he does not engage, even if its a perfect shot. The pisto is only a last option.

But then again thats just my opinion of how the position should be played.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#19 User is offline   OSinsOgre 

• Ogre kills humans - Live at 5 on Action News
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GRENDEL THE OGRE

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

View PostFox13, on Oct 4 2006, 07:52 PM, said:

I'd like to see Scout added to the roster. In the spec ops field guide, it shows (under Strategies: Reactive Strategy) scouts racing ahead to moniter enemy positions. It would be cool to see this as a full fledged position. Post what you think!

Ok, scout is a person who goes out and survays the area to look for enemy units. A far as racing ahead I think going out ahead. If the person runs like crazy to get ahead he/she would make noise and draw attension.

View Postmchainmail, on Oct 5 2006, 08:56 AM, said:

Answer this question:

"How is a scout different from a dagger?"

A scout is a perons who searches an area in a sense. They look for the enemy if they exsist in area so the team won't walk to slow or to fast to get to the enemy.

A dagger is light and mobile, sometimes fast person that hopefuly knows when to make the break to turn the game or at least stop the stalemate to move ahead.

View Post~mystic~, on Oct 5 2006, 10:06 PM, said:

Maybe, but scouts could be a cross between a sniper and a dagger. Mobile like a dagger, but more equipped as a sniper. IMO, a dagger is the guy that breaks the stalemate when your team runs into the other. He's not really equipped to be a loner. The sniper is, but is hampered by mobility. The scout should be able to be quick, but hold his own until the calvary rolls in.

I see most peole who play sniper usually do more of the recon work more than shoot a certain target. As far as the sniper being hampered by mobility, I strongly disagree. Most of the snipers I have seen on the field have 1/2 the ammo a dagger runs with. Dagger having about 500 rounds of ammo and all the snipers I have seen went with about 200 max. I have also seen plenty of snipers playing without ghillie so lets not focus on the ghillie. It is the skill and the actions that make a "sniper" in paintball; however, gear does help.

Scout activites as far as encountering the enemy . . . avoid it. Be smart and radio the team to set a quick ambush while the scout walks the enemy back. This would mean waiting a time before making a planed exposure to the enemy so your team has time to setup the said ambush. Then fire at them to have them advance on your location but keep them far enough back so as not to over take you. As the continue to "take ground" on you, you will walk them into the amush.
Proudly sponsored by My Girlfriend, Pay Check, Friends, Sheer Will. Why? Becuse I play paintball!

#20 User is offline   ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE 

• Commander of Arkk Angelz
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

Hmm...I wouldn't say a Dagger is a scout. He's more of a point-man to draw fire and trip ambushes. Sniper also doesn't really act as a scout, but to ambush, silently flank, or, if possible, take shots ahead of the rest of your teams shots. So a scout position is an actual possibility, compared to other suggested positions such as the medic.

Btw, I have no problem with a medic position is scenerio games. It being an official Special Ops Brigade position, however, isn't a possibility, since positions need to be possible to use in 99.9% of fields.

This post has been edited by ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE: 16 June 2007 - 08:40 PM

IPB Image

#21 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

Pretty soon you want combos of sniper and commander, sniper and sabre, hammer and broadsword?... I don't know about that one either.

did I die for a second there?...

#22 User is offline   ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE 

• Commander of Arkk Angelz
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

View PostTREE FITTY, on Jun 16 2007, 09:37 PM, said:

Pretty soon you want combos of sniper and commander, sniper and sabre, hammer and broadsword?... I don't know about that one either.

Yeah, that would be weird, though, if you think about it, a hammer is just a souped up broadsword.
IPB Image

#23 Guest_MOUTguy_*

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:44 PM

View PostThe Scout, on Jun 16 2007, 07:50 PM, said:

Well as the member holding this name I would like to thank the academy, and special ops...

Technically, your not. No-one is. I want them to make a patch and tee shirt. The symbol should be like my avatar. KATANA/SCOUT. Please SpecOps, make it so!

I must:

COURTNEY KISSANE YOU ROCK :heart: :wub:

#24 User is offline   Daeorn 

• Everywhere at Once
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:DAEORN

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:35 AM

Recon is already established as one of the snipers jobs if I'm not mistaken.

One of their first jobs if not setting up and ambush is to scout out the other team.
"Don't worry about finding me, worry about me finding you."
Team Voodoo Scenario Paintball
"Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well."

#25 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:47 AM

I like the idea of having a Scout position; not only is it important (almost critical) in planning a tactical and well played defense, it also sounds cool :laugh: . Seriously though, I don't think that anybody can call a dagger a scout, because daggers are usually playing pointman for attack squads. If you were to keep scouting a special assignment, it would most likely be for a sniper. One thing snipers do in a scenario game is letting less important targets go, because their main objective might be to take out a commander or some other important team player. So I guess it wouldn't be that hard to radio base and give them information on certain attack squads coming their way, especially if they are too large for the sniper to deal with.

#26 Guest_Apocolyptic_*

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

I would have to disagree. While woodsball is sorta military like, it is not like the army. Meaning, the games you would be playing are going to be far to small to require a scout. Plus, you are able to use the sniper as a good scout.

#27 User is offline   dabeast 

• Wow! Two cubes!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dabeast

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:27 AM

Bad idea, sorry but that's one of the jobs of a sniper. You could just have two snipers if you wanted one to pluck off an important memeber on the opossing team and another to do reacon.

Sabre number 85

#28 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:22 PM

We use Recon, scout if you'd like to call it that. Most guys don't know what a dagger or light rifleman are, but they understand scout and reconnaissance. Not the same as sniper for us, close, but we have 3 squads, Sniper, Recon and Assault.

#29 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:50 PM

i dont think that it would be very fun playing full time scout but if you desognate scouts each time then it could be a great position.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#30 User is offline   Aitrus 

• Constantly Falling Waiting to Help
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:32 AM

I like the idea of a Scout has a sniper styled gun and almost no gear for the speed of a dagger.
~Tree's are safe, climb them high and quick.~

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users