Special Ops Paintball: Giant Big Game 18 - Over 800 Players last year - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Giant Big Game 18 - Over 800 Players last year WISCONSIN - Splat Tag in Hudson, WI - June 5, 2010 Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:chl2onic

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

I'd love to run with you guys, I was talking to a few of your team members through out the day last year, from what I can tell you guys are a nice bunch, and a heck of a deadly squad. In the nature of GBG we would likely get split up fairly quickly, but I am always willing to try.

#17 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

Have fun guys.

While I sit at home. I wish I could go so bad, but things this year just didn't work. I was pretty bummed.

#18 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:05 AM

I didn't even see a member of the Sentinals yesterday, aside from your tank, I was keeping an eye out for you guys too.

Great game guys, I had a great time. GLC put up a hell of a fight at the end, and pulled off a V. Good job guys, we'll see if you can hold off the attacks of the MW alliance next year.

Thanks to anyone who aided in the set-up of that game, or who worked at the game. If it wasnt for people like you we wouldnt have events like this. I much appreciate people spending their time making such a great event.

I'll see you guys next year.

This post has been edited by chl2onic: 06 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

#19 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:EmperorNikko

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:48 AM

Cheers good game. I had a great time playing, although I am getting tired of being wet...every time I have played paintball for the past 7 games it rained(including last years GBG). But i played through the whole day none the less. But does any1 know why the midwest alliance general didn't use the gold points for stuff? I swear we had no perks all day except for a mash unit and 1 tank in the beginning. I thiink he just didn't know or somebody didn't tell him something because when they said at the end we had 250,000g points he looked really shocked lol.

Also keep an eye out for my dye multi tool. didnt zip up my pocket and out it went.

#20 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:22 AM

View Postchl2onic, on Jun 6 2010, 09:05 AM, said:

I didn't even see a mamber of the Sentinals yesterday, aside from your tank, I was keeping an eye out for you guys too.

There were three of us on foot, two with the jerseys.

In the early morning we were trying to offer infantry support to the tank.

During the midday, we grabbed up a group of ~20 walkons and formed the "resistance" (a term coined by some walk ons that joined us late, asking to join a "resistance" ). We ran through the midfield, from purple base to orange back over to yellow, harassing and removing elements of the GLC. We also ran a mission to the tower just past green base (one in the woods, not the grass field area)

For one point check, we were able to secure purple/yellow/green/orange, though we quickly lost that degree of control after.

I dropped by the main red base a grand total of once, I was using the other insertion point most often as it was a faster run from where I was going to where I wanted to go.
Member of Team Akkadian

#21 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

View PostThalion, on Jun 6 2010, 11:22 AM, said:

View Postchl2onic, on Jun 6 2010, 09:05 AM, said:

I didn't even see a mamber of the Sentinals yesterday, aside from your tank, I was keeping an eye out for you guys too.

There were three of us on foot, two with the jerseys.

In the early morning we were trying to offer infantry support to the tank.

During the midday, we grabbed up a group of ~20 walkons and formed the "resistance" (a term coined by some walk ons that joined us late, asking to join a "resistance" ). We ran through the midfield, from purple base to orange back over to yellow, harassing and removing elements of the GLC. We also ran a mission to the tower just past green base (one in the woods, not the grass field area)

For one point check, we were able to secure purple/yellow/green/orange, though we quickly lost that degree of control after.

I dropped by the main red base a grand total of once, I was using the other insertion point most often as it was a faster run from where I was going to where I wanted to go.

Yeah I must have danced around you guys all day.

I got spereated with my friends right away because they got elimenated, then shot in the back by a friendly at purple early on. Then a few young kids and I snuck through the right side taking Orange, and Lima 1. We got surrounded soon after that, but we managed to pick a lot of them off before they got us. Aside from that I kept getting seperated with everyone, and getting an awesome k/d ratio flanking, I didn't ever make it to a base, because by the time I'd get near one, I'd be alone. It left me to picking guys off until they'd swarm me, all in good fun though. Mid day I was in the push for purple but they held us off. I was with the squad who tried to get the oil can to the heli pad, but we were so greatly out numbered, by the blue forces, who has both towers we all got elimenated. I then helped hold the mass attack off of our base after lunch. Then a huge group od guys and I tried to take yellow, and we just about had it, when a tank rolled up and screambled us all up, and drove through out M.A.P. Then I spent the rest of the day pushing through the trees on the side of urban field. I ran out of paint 5 minutes before the end of the game, thanks to a precise shot from earlier hitting one of my pods, and breaking the paint inside.

One thing I love about GBG is the sportsmanship, I have never seen another paintball game where the guy you snuck up on and shot walks up to you, shakes your hand and says good job.

I hope to see you guys next year out there, I know I'll be there.

#22 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

Well I could have made it, but I found out at noon yesterday.... I vow to make it next year!
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#23 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:18 PM

View PostEmperorNikko, on Jun 6 2010, 07:48 AM, said:

But does any1 know why the midwest alliance general didn't use the gold points for stuff? I swear we had no perks all day except for a mash unit and 1 tank in the beginning. I thiink he just didn't know or somebody didn't tell him something because when they said at the end we had 250,000g points he looked really shocked lol.

I think he was just overwhelmed with the whole thing. I heard he airstriked our only tank too. I am not mad at him though, I was with him in the base for a few miniutes, and he tried hard to do his job. Plus he's 19, and volunteered to be the commander. Rouge was the commander for the GLC last year, so he just has more expierence running that battle, and knew what to spend his money on and where to send his players.
Commander Patches spent bought a lot of mass reinsertions, and mash units. We did buy an apache, but we got slaughtered before we could get the oil can to the helo pad.

As for the extra gold, I think he thought it was worth points at the end, it was last year.

#24 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

View Postchl2onic, on Jun 6 2010, 02:18 PM, said:

As for the extra gold, I think he thought it was worth points at the end, it was last year.

Yeah, the gold was points, but if spent properly and utilized wisely, could well result in far more points than it was.

It wouldn't have been enough to make a difference as turned in gold for points.

Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about the day. I had a really rough one, though it wasn't Splat Tag's fault.

My gear did not mix well with the paint (though testing a bit left over I had today with dry gear, it seems to be far more palatable). Not sure if it was just the humidity in the air or what. Can't really fault anyone for that. My mask was also ill suited for the day (which is rare. as problems with Profilers don't happen often for me). Also nobody's fault.

I will admit, I did have some real issues with several players, but it was just the same few players over and over. Also not the field's fault, but it did negatively impact my day.

I saw some good plays and some good players on both sides, so don't take my observations as "oh, so and so was evil and cheating and....." It's just my observations of a few, not the collective whole.
Member of Team Akkadian

#25 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

View PostThalion, on Jun 6 2010, 02:41 PM, said:

View Postchl2onic, on Jun 6 2010, 02:18 PM, said:

Yeah, the gold was points, but if spent properly and utilized wisely, could well result in far more points than it was.

It wouldn't have been enough to make a difference as turned in gold for points.

Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about the day. I had a really rough one, though it wasn't Splat Tag's fault.

My gear did not mix well with the paint (though testing a bit left over I had today with dry gear, it seems to be far more palatable). Not sure if it was just the humidity in the air or what. Can't really fault anyone for that. My mask was also ill suited for the day (which is rare. as problems with Profilers don't happen often for me). Also nobody's fault.

I will admit, I did have some real issues with several players, but it was just the same few players over and over. Also not the field's fault, but it did negatively impact my day.

I saw some good plays and some good players on both sides, so don't take my observations as "oh, so and so was evil and cheating and....." It's just my observations of a few, not the collective whole.

Then I really don't know what to say about the gold issue. I know I would have liked to keep the Sentenials tank on our team all day, but I saw them driving by with a blue flag on more than a red.

There are always going to be rude people, or cheaters out there. I found red shelled paint on my vest while cleaning this morning, and that was a fpo event with all purple paint. I know for sure I heard at least 200 markers out in the woods ripping full auto, possibly even over 12 bps. I can also remember one kid I fired one round at and I heard it his his vest (made a specific pop that I had heard many times yesterday) I said your out man.. He sat there and looked for me... I gave him 5 seconds, and lit him up til he called it. Otherwise I had no issues with other players.

My buddy had a profiler and he was having massive troubles all day too, until he took the visor off of his Morph, and put it on his Profiler, it covers the lense vent better than the stock Profiler Lense does. My marker gave me a lot of trouble for just about the whole day too, but it was my fault.

In an attempt to get a full 12bps out of a field legal marker, I was going to switch back to my r/t for the game (my e-grip is stuck on 10 bps plus I can't walk 12 bps) Well I switched most of the trigger assembly about a week ahead of the game, but when I got to mounting the stab and such, I would have had to cut a hole in my hogs den V1 grips for the lapco mounting adapter. So I just quickly threw my e-grip back on with an old DIY double trigger, so I could walk it. All day my off and on my marker would just click instead of fire. I could get 2 shots off, then click click click, so it got me elimenated a few times, but I managed to to alright with it for the most part. I was finally convinced that the water or something was causing my e-grip to fail so I went to cut open my hogs den V1 grips and use my r/t. When I got back to the canopy and opened my trigger assembly, I noticed my idocy.. I left the stock sear in an e-gripped marker.... so that was my fault. Then I put the stock trigger assembly in and forgot to run air lines for the r/t... I laughed at myself, and decided to go the rest of the day woth a stock mech trigger.

Also one of the guys from the family we partied up with had a bad day. I sold him a Lapco offset mount for 5 bucks because he knew what it was and was excited to see it. He mounted it on his marker, and propped it up on a cooler. It slid off the cooler and fell funny, and his BT Combat Stock snapped right off the back of his marker. Luckity my friend had extra new style back plates from the Tippmann recall, so we gave him one to keep playing, but he was bummed.

Sucks to hear your day wasnt the most enjoyable, next year we should all party up and see if we can work together and take bases with force, maybe it'll make things more interesting.

#26 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

Broke a stock? Ouch.

I guess it was just a perfect storm of events that day.

I didn't really run into that much cheating. It was more shooting up obviously eliminated players. With regards to the players I mentioned earlier, I got shot up by them three separate occasions within 15 minutes of each other, all 3 while I had a bright neon green barrel cover on. I can get the first one and write it off as possibly an accident, but twice more from the same people on the same one-way trip to reinsertion? That I don't get at all. Adding to it was each instance was a minimum of 15 paintballs. I'd get it if I kept running around with a group, but I was the only guy anywhere nearby out on the path 2 of 3 times. Again, I wouldn't complain when there was still a chance of an accident, but that's a bit too suspicious for believing that.

Just to toss in some positive bits to offset my comments - Darrin did a fine job organizing the event and building the field. I don't know who noticed, but there were brand new items out there just for this event. On top of that, over on MN Scenario Darrin has announced that Splat Tag is building out another new structure. That says a lot - the money put in on days like GBG turns out an improved field for later games.

The other guys that help Darrin manage the game did well too. Gray areas and other situations arose that required a ruling to be clear, and they did a great job of deciding fairly and quickly.

And actually, there were two tanks out there. The Sentinels tank was always red (to my knowledge anyway). The other tank was always blue.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 07 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

Member of Team Akkadian

#27 User is offline   MondoMor 

• Well THAT's not right at all.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MondoMor

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:47 PM

I had a pretty good morning, and shot Thalion in the butt through a window. :P
Pelican Brigade Paint Ball Club member

#28 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

View PostMondoMor, on Jun 7 2010, 03:47 PM, said:

I had a pretty good morning, and shot Thalion in the butt through a window. :P

Yeah... not a personal highlight.

I did deserve it though.

Morning wasn't that great. Once I put away the pump (who did not agree with the paint at all) and got out the Viking the day did a little better.

Midday right before/right after the break was the best time for me.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 07 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#29 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

I got bonus balled a few times walking out with my hands over my head, I figured it was all just part of it. and none of the hurt. The one inststance that made me mad was when we has a mass re-insertion right outta the urban field, and the blue team was shooting us while in the reinsertion. I got hit in the mask/neck while touching the pole, but I reinserted, and crawled up on them and lit them up pretty good, then I am pretty sure I got team killed again, recause I got shot from the general position of our mass re-insertion, and there was nothing but red players behind me.

I guess the only reason I have a positive outlook on GBG is I tell myself on the way, that I am going to have a blast win or lose. I understand that marker failuer stops that in a hurry though.

Darren is awesome, a few guys out there were talking about about how he makes so much off of this event, and I had to tell them that at least he dumps a lot of money into his facilities, so it's worth the high cost to play there, and they had no choice but to agree. I have shook his hand and thanked him both times I played there, as well as any other employee I had a chance to talk to. They are a spitting image of what paintball field owners should be like.

#30 User is offline   Monoxide 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monoxide

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

I can pretty much tell you that Darrin probably isn't getting rich off his paintball field, so I dont really know what those guys were talking about. He does what he does for the love of the sport, and really nothing more. I can't really explain how grateful I am to that, because without him we wouldn't really have a PREMIER field in the area to play on. That's why I will always come back to his field any and every time I get the chance. I was also at the GBG this past saturday...

p.s.... GLC RULES!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users