#2 User is offline   silent_soul 

• silent_soul is a pirate
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

....ok hi,

welcome to the forums

glad to have ya :dodgy:

your new so its ok to be stupid but search, also this is in the gamer lounge......................its for video games.....not paintball guns.

:ghillie:

#3 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:52 PM

Welcome to the forums. Please try to place your threads in the correct locations. Moved to Marker Vs. Marker.
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

What kind of price range are you looking at? How fast does it need to fire? I take it you want a mechanical gun? If something breaks do you want to be able to repair it yourself? Is weigh important?

I've always felt that Automags provide the best performance for their price. You can get new ones for $250 and used ones for around $100-$200.

A lot of people like to recommend 98 customs and A-5's. To me, they're not worth what you pay for them in comparison to an Automag. With Automags you get a much more refined valve system that includes an integrated regulator. You also don't have to worry about "upgrading" your setup. Most Tippmanns are not in ideal performing conditions out of the box and you need to spend at least $50 to get them working at an acceptable level with a new barrel. Despite Tippmanns reputation for reliability I have to say that Automags are just as reliable if not more so. You don't have anywhere near as many moving parts, and you get a stainless steel body. Disassembly is also much easier, it's tool free and remarkably easier than Tippmann's clamshell designs.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   jflower2 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

View PostPiller, on Feb 4 2008, 05:31 PM, said:

What kind of price range are you looking at? How fast does it need to fire? I take it you want a mechanical gun? If something breaks do you want to be able to repair it yourself? Is weigh important?

I've always felt that Automags provide the best performance for their price. You can get new ones for $250 and used ones for around $100-$200.

A lot of people like to recommend 98 customs and A-5's. To me, they're not worth what you pay for them in comparison to an Automag. With Automags you get a much more refined valve system that includes an integrated regulator. You also don't have to worry about "upgrading" your setup. Most Tippmanns are not in ideal performing conditions out of the box and you need to spend at least $50 to get them working at an acceptable level with a new barrel. Despite Tippmanns reputation for reliability I have to say that Automags are just as reliable if not more so. You don't have anywhere near as many moving parts, and you get a stainless steel body. Disassembly is also much easier, it's tool free and remarkably easier than Tippmann's clamshell designs.

i think he want a low price gun hes my best friend

#6 User is offline   Tippmanns :-) 

• Dont give up
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:hellmiran_guy

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

for a first gun

i wont recomend an autococker (my favorite guns ever...haha)

for a first gun.....

Tippmann A5 has the cyclone feed system and can fire 15bps no prob. that is if you want to get an etrig or rt for it
automags id say arent great bang for buck anymore....theyre incredibly old but still cool i guess....seeing how autocockers are selling for under $100 for a decent mech the mag isnt a bargain....much heavier (depends) much slower fire rate, less effiecnt, not as accurate (through fps consisntency)...not much potential either as a cocker can made into something better than a ego8 or dm8 (arguably)

for a first gun i say
Woodsball:
Tippmann A5, not a Tippmann 98 or custom pro
Mech Cocker (i you want to learn about them)

Speedball
Ion
Mechcocker

Mix of the 2
Ion
Mechcocker

The ion with a decent hopper (Evolution or even a revolution) and HPA (can be bought now for as little as $40) is an amazing value...17bps capable, durable, breakbeam antichop eyes, great stock regulator and AMAZING potential in customization (this can be made as nice as an ego8 or dm8 as well, arguably.....people like admiting it including myself but iv tried TONS of different guns from early brasseagles haha to high-ends of all shapes sizes and versions....(ego6ego7ego8dm5678,pm567r,angela1,TONS of cockers, low-end ions-highend ions,borgs,vikings,etc,etc,etc))
Feedback! plz post if u havnt yet... Thank you

Barrels for Sale

^^^A-5, 98c, Autococker, freak, boomstick, flatline^^^

#7 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

A Mag is also much easier to maintain and service than a Cocker, and is just about impossible to break. And sure, lower end ones might not have the best performance, but if you get a nicer one to start, or decide to upgrade later, they can become extremely fast, pretty light, very low profile, but never all that efficient.

I'd recommend a Mag, or if you like tinkering and have no problem working on mechanical stuff, a Cocker, or if you really don't want to have to work on it like that, maybe want to go into MilSim stuff, a BT-4 Combat (basically a 98 but better... Tippmann took some of its ideas and made it into the new 98 Platinum series, since the BT-4 is a refined 98).

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#8 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:37 PM

you can get classic mags for pretty cheap if your looking for something semi.

also, mavericks and pgps run pretty cheap in most cases if you interested in pumps. You can pick up both for under 100. Maverick brand new $83 shipped from g-unit.

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#9 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

I got my PGP for $90 used... pretty average price from what I've seen. But stock class might be hard for a new player, even starting with a pump could be a challenge for most people. Limiting yourself then to 10-15 rounds and 12g air supply will make it even harder.

Extremely fun though :ghillie:.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#10 User is offline   focus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Focus

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

Any marker can be used in the woods, and will do just fine there.

Some don't like the shiny colors in the woods as they are a little easier to spot, so I'll assume your looking for one of the darker color 'mil-sim' type markers..
The top brands that sell these are:
Kingman (spyder mr series) mr-1
Smartparts (sp-1, sp-8)
AirgunDesigns (automag, tac one)
tippman (custom 98, a-5, x-7)

And there are a slew of others but the above are arguably the most popular..

The most inexpensive of these is the Spyder MR-1. The most expensive probably being the AGD tac-one.

My preference is the Smartparts SP-1. reasons:
- low cost
- does not chop or break paint (even though it doesn't have eyes)
- easy to maintain
- very consistent from shot to shot, (excellent trigger, no marker movement while shooting)
- and the most silent of the ones mentioned. (well, maybe the tac-one is more quiet)

There's tons of info on forums like this one for your research pleasure, or answer any questions that are more specific.

Work hard, play hard.. In that order.

#11 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

We could use more information, on what type of marker you are looking for. Yes, you play woodsball, but that doesn't tell us much about what you are looking for in a paintball marker.

Some things that would help:
-Price Range
-Mil-Sim or not (Modding/Looks like a firearm, like an MP5 etc.)
-Do you have other gear (Mask, Hopper, Co2/Air etc.)?

Any other info. that you could think of that would help you..

For a good starting marker, I would reccomend a BT-4 Combat. They cost $110 and are nice for the price. But as I said, more info on what you are looking for would really help.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users