Special Ops Paintball: HALO REACH, Noble Team Last Stand - Special Ops Paintball

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HALO REACH, Noble Team Last Stand First Strike PB, Jan. 15/16, 2011 Rate Topic: -----

#181 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

Thanks to all the players for making the game what it was. As always it's the players who make great game.

Now as for the Hunters/ODST role players, we took all the good input from the players, and the guys who played the roles.

We have made a few rule changes. We will still use the smocks with the 12' sq kill spots on the chest, and back.

Have added kill shots to the head, plus a very few special hand bombs that can also kill one of them.

Plus more, and better Halo props. I have plans for a 16' long by 6' or 8' wide, 6' high pelican craft on the field.

So again, tks to all the players for this game.

Now working on the wild Wild west game.

Old One & lady Dhampir

#182 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKIDDISH

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

Will it have wings?

I had fun this weekend. I did get shot a lot as the jet pack person though... A looooottttttt..... owell

Any pictures this weekend posted up yet?

This post has been edited by skiddish9999: 17 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

extremegst.com team website

#183 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

View Postskiddish9999, on 18 January 2011 - 01:12 AM, said:

Will it have wings?

I had fun this weekend. I did get shot a lot as the jet pack person though... A looooottttttt..... owell

First Strike PB face book page. over 300 pics.

Old One & Lady Dhampir

PS: Yes it will have wings, and things!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by old one: 18 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

#184 User is offline   My-T-Mouse 

• My-T-Mouse
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:My-T-Mouse

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:58 AM

View Postskiddish9999, on 18 January 2011 - 02:12 AM, said:

Will it have wings?

I know I shot the pack a couple of times in the woods because you couldnt see the blue one from a distance in the woods. I suggest putting a couple strips of flaurescent boundary tape on the tips. Last time (when they were Kamikazees) there were flags on them. There were also alot of frustrated players with Skiddish because of him spending nearly the entire day Sunday standing behind us, reffing us as an opposing player, and half taking it off and putting it back on etc. Im sure some of them took a few pot shots as well.
Doom Troopers (since 1986)
DOOM ON YOU!!!

#185 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:57 AM

View PostMy-T-Mouse, on 18 January 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

There were also alot of frustrated players with Skiddish because of him spending nearly the entire day Sunday standing behind us, reffing us as an opposing player, and half taking it off and putting it back on etc. Im sure some of them took a few pot shots as well.

That is what you should expect when you play with the rules in a manner that the refs we asked said was not allowed. Oh, he also took a couple of 'accidental' Nerf hits as well :rolleyes: . "I swear ref, he just kinda walked into my line of fire." :laugh: We kissed and made up later. :o
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

#186 User is offline   XGST - Homicidal Maniac 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Southeast XGST

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

This was a great game. Of course we did win, so it made it a little better. I was running the chronos stations for the red side and I personally checked in over thirty people before I left the station for night play. The blue side only had about seven or eight. Plus almost everyone that I checked in had NVG's. I wish we had some for our team, but funds are not available. Hugh did a great job and puts forth quite alot of effort designing his games. Good times, Good people and great memories. Thanks to all of you.

#187 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

View Postcookie, on 18 January 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

There were also alot of frustrated players with Skiddish because of him spending nearly the entire day Sunday standing behind us, reffing us as an opposing player, and half taking it off and putting it back on etc. Im sure some of them took a few pot shots as well.

That is what you should expect when you play with the rules in a manner that the refs we asked said was not allowed. Oh, he also took a couple of 'accidental' Nerf hits as well :rolleyes: . "I swear ref, he just kinda walked into my line of fire." :laugh: We kissed and made up later. :o

Rules: Jet Pack Use:

A. Jet Packs can be used to move players around the field. The pack must be worn over "" BOTH SHOULDERS "" to get the pack to work. :rolleyes:

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

#188 User is offline   My-T-Mouse 

• My-T-Mouse
  • Pip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

View Postold one, on 18 January 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

View Postcookie, on 18 January 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

Rules: Jet Pack Use:

A. Jet Packs can be used to move players around the field. The pack must be worn over "" BOTH SHOULDERS "" to get the pack to work. :rolleyes:

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

Looks Like somone missed the memo.
DOOM ON YOU!!!

#189 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

How about the red jet pack with the LAW......or the red players at night climbing over the orange fence.

I have a short list but it's useless as there will always be someone on the field who didn't read the rules or doesn't care about the rules. It was a great game I see some infractions on both sides that evened everything out...

Let's don't get into a pissing match over shadowing a great event.
FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#190 User is offline   My-T-Mouse 

• My-T-Mouse
  • Pip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostRealtorTommy, on 18 January 2011 - 09:44 PM, said:

How about the red jet pack with the LAW......or the red players at night climbing over the orange fence.

I have a short list but it's useless as there will always be someone on the field who didn't read the rules or doesn't care about the rules. It was a great game I see some infractions on both sides that evened everything out...

I agree Tommy... I certainly wasnt attempting to overshadow what I will agree, was a great event.

As far as the Red player who used the Jet Pack with a law. I wasn't aware until after the fact and did correct him. It was Apache, and he didn't make the game until after the player briefing and wasn't aware of the rule. Before he went on his jet pack trip, he got with a ref who gave him the green light to go with it. When he discovered that it was illegal, he had no problems with it. He isn't a member of my team by the way, just a friend. We became friends because of his stand-up play and character. Since then we try to run together as much as possible. Just sayin'.

For the red players going over the orange fence, this is the first I heard of that, as unfortunate as it is. I heard that there were blue players doing the same and actually caught on video, but I didnt see it myself. This goes to prove the point Tommy made that infractions happened on both sides. I will even go so far as to say that I saw some of them from my own side as well (Red) with dead talking mostly.

As far as it being even..... I would disagree with that one. But before you go getting up in my business, I think my side (Red) had the advantage which makes blues success that much more impressive. I spoke with Acara from XF after the game about the fact that I had never seen a game where the ridge was so successfully utilized by the bottom. It happened time and time again that the blue side was able to attack from the bottom of the ravine. That is very difficult to do. The blue guys did a fantastic job of pulling that off.

One more thing.... For night play, there may have only been 7 or 10 locking down the blue base (I know it was Smite, but also at least a couple of Bad Monkeys too) but where I was at, there were at least 10 more at stand down. I wasnt at the base, so you could add a few more for that. We definately outnumbered the blue side even though most of us were inactive and just hanging out in important areas.

I had a great time and look forward to the next one.
DOOM ON YOU!!!

#191 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

View PostMy-T-Mouse, on 18 January 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostRealtorTommy, on 18 January 2011 - 09:44 PM, said:

I agree Tommy... I certainly wasnt attempting to overshadow what I will agree, was a great event.

As far as the Red player who used the Jet Pack with a law. I wasn't aware until after the fact and did correct him. It was Apache, and he didn't make the game until after the player briefing and wasn't aware of the rule. Before he went on his jet pack trip, he got with a ref who gave him the green light to go with it. When he discovered that it was illegal, he had no problems with it. He isn't a member of my team by the way, just a friend. We became friends because of his stand-up play and character. Since then we try to run together as much as possible. Just sayin'.

For the red players going over the orange fence, this is the first I heard of that, as unfortunate as it is. I heard that there were blue players doing the same and actually caught on video, but I didnt see it myself. This goes to prove the point Tommy made that infractions happened on both sides. I will even go so far as to say that I saw some of them from my own side as well (Red) with dead talking mostly.

As far as it being even..... I would disagree with that one. But before you go getting up in my business, I think my side (Red) had the advantage which makes blues success that much more impressive. I spoke with Acara from XF after the game about the fact that I had never seen a game where the ridge was so successfully utilized by the bottom. It happened time and time again that the blue side was able to attack from the bottom of the ravine. That is very difficult to do. The blue guys did a fantastic job of pulling that off.

One more thing.... For night play, there may have only been 7 or 10 locking down the blue base (I know it was Smite, but also at least a couple of Bad Monkeys too) but where I was at, there were at least 10 more at stand down. I wasnt at the base, so you could add a few more for that. We definately outnumbered the blue side even though most of us were inactive and just hanging out in important areas.

I had a great time and look forward to the next one.

Yep! Things happen on both side every game that has ever been played in the world, not just PB. But, it was still a great game from what I saw, and from what the players were telling me they loved it.

Now what I need from you players is to know how did the fence make the field play? Did you like it? Do we need to get rid of it?
Do we need to do some thing diff.

I need input???????????

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

#192 User is offline   Sasquatch-AH 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ejj123

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

View Post904_flo, on 17 January 2011 - 08:32 PM, said:

View Postchris1, on 17 January 2011 - 05:15 PM, said:

Flow I'm not sure if you recall but I was the one who ran up to you and got you to exit the field to collect yourself. I even had to get out of the turret seat to do so ;) . I have seen you and your brother at the past several events. I'm sure you have noticed the same players as well. What I'm getting at is this event you may be on the same side and the next time enemies. In the end everyone is there because they share the love for the sport. Give credit to the reffs they have a thankless job. If you are unhappy with a call take it to the head reffs but remember your there to enjoy the weekend so don't let one incident ruin it for you. Randy is a great guy and I'm sure he remedied the situation.

Yeah i remember there was a couple of players who came up and was trying to defuse the situation. I appreciate that. The ref that was involved came up to me after and spoke is peace and i did the same. I understand that it is a sport and things happen. I just take it as a lesson to handle it a different way the next time. :D

Flow and Shuffle,
I must say that I'm truly impressed with you two. I'm glad that you guys found paintball. The pair of you, fit right in.

let me know if you ever need anything.
Regards,
Sasquatch

#193 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKIDDISH

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:40 AM

I did read the rules on the card and had the PVC pipe on my shoulder I just did not have the string around it... This would be because I'm very tall and there are low hanging trees so whenever I hit a tree it wouldn't catch me up inside it... I also read that in order to become a live player with the jetpack the jetpack needed to be dropped granted it was a gray area though...

When Sasquatch made a comment about not having the loop around my arm I put it on granted I had to struggle like a baby seal but I did put it on. Also, Sasquatch may not remember this but the bump on his head will say otherwise... I believe I dropped something or someone did and I went to pick it up the pvc pipe on the jet pack ended up colliding with his head whilst he was trying to pick it up as well. Probably wouldn't have hurt as much if I had it on one shoulder as it would've slid off my shoulder instead like it was doing with the tree branches. I did not ever drop it except for when I wanted to because it couldn't fall off my arm.

I liked the shield granted it may have been nicer to have portals that one could jump to get across it though, something like the jumps that send the player up several hundred feet and "over" the shield and onto the other side. This would be hard to police though although a string could be used and the player must put a barrel sock on and it's a two way jumper thingy that could work not sure... I did like the shield though. Maybe a special card that can be used to warp across the shield with a set amount of troops / tanks this could add a new depth...

And yes, yes it was ON both shoulders the straps weren't though.

I also liked the hunters/odsts although it may be interesting next game if they're allowed to carry larger shields since head hits will then count...

I wish the portable bunkers were taller that's just from my stand point though (pardon the pun ;) )

I do like the idea of a pelican that you're coming up with but you're going to need a covenant carrier as well. Everyone needs to make swooshing sounds as they move though...

It also seems as though it's becoming a tradition that at every game at first strike I get shot with a BLOODY NERF ROCKET!

Also, to add to Sasquatch's comment Flo and Shuffle if Sasquatch ever asks you to go into a muddy area don't do it unless it is on his back!

This post has been edited by skiddish9999: 19 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

extremegst.com team website

#194 User is offline   Acara 

• Elite Broadsword
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Acara

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

Now what I need from you players is to know how did the fence make the field play? Did you like it? Do we need to get rid of it?
Do we need to do some thing diff.

I need input???????????

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

FWIW, I didn't like the fence, purely for asthetic & logistics reasons. Obviously a lot of manhours went into the props to give them a "realistic" feel(typical of Mensrea Produtions & what they are known for) & it made me kinda scratch my head to see that level of effort on props & then see that "barrier". From a logistics standpoint, I lost a lot of time going around the barrier to exit the field .... which means the field lost profit, because I was circumventing the fence instead of shooting paint.

IMHO, if your going to use that barrier in the future, it should have a egress/pass through for players to exit the field through. It just makes good business sense to minimize "customer down time" & have the shortest possible path between a customer the product.

As far as advantages/disdvantages ...... the barrier did make the Red base almost impregnable during daylight, but it also made it a defensive game for Red & much easier for Blue to contain them (and have the run of the field for missions/props). Red did a good job initially, by using the jetpacks to recon & prop hunt, but then the jetpack operators kinda seemed to lose focus & take on a "harrassment" & combat role (vs collecting props). If those red operators had radios in their hands, instead of some of the other things I saw them carrying, and stayed focused on collecting props/points, it probably would have been a different outcome. I saw a lot of big red props ignored by the jet pack operators & after about the third time we saw them walk past the props without attempting to collect them, we stopped wasting the manpower to guard them ....which gave us time to accomplish other things ;-)

Just an observation/opinion though

#195 User is offline   mako 

• Team Captain
  • PipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:21 AM

My thoughts...

I thought the field played great. Asthetics aside the fence was a great idea and made both sides have to FIGURE it out. I loved the way the red side played the game. True to the game the when does the Covenant ever do anything other than show up and run into combat with little respect for strategy and tactics. If you play the game you know this.
Jet packs..i was a jetpacker for the second half of Saturday and Sunday. I loved it...I loved being the pain in the ARSE..I can't tell you how many times I had the ODST looking overtheir shoulders at me, pulling LAWS people away from the front because I was harrasing them.
It was a huge pain in the butt to get that thing off, so it was a deterant to try to drop it, shoot, and get it back on. That in itself made the harrasment roll more desireable.
I'm not nick picking..we were the invaders...we had a small beach head...the humans should of had the advantage..they should of had the knowledge of the terrain..it just played out great!!!! Blue side brought the heat and I thank god you guys were willing to keep making the walk!
I can say being a jetpacker.. I saw some of the best tank vs tank and tank vs LAWS battles....ever!

About the night play...to all the crazy SOB's that choose to walk in the dark, fight the blindness of a fogged up lens, and then take the chance of being zeroed in by NV..God Bless you! I couldn't tell you who SMITE was running with, Monkeys, Doomtroopers, who ever...we all locked in and rocked on..and just like the Covenant kept running in and running in. NEver took the base... but we NEVER stopped trying?

All we needed was the HALO soundtrack!

MAKO

Mud, sand, tar, soot, coal, oil, grease, ink....ha ha I have dirty words in my sig!

Share this topic:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users