Special Ops Paintball: True Stock Class Markers - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

True Stock Class Markers What defines a true stock class marker. Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   russc 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:34 AM

View Poststolz, on May 1 2007, 08:44 PM, said:

didnt sheridan make up the rules for "true" stock class in 89 so people would keep buying their markers? If you ask me 12grams/stick feed = stock class.

I'm pretty sure it would have been NSG, who made the splatmaster. They had that NSG tournament series, after all.

#17 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:21 AM

Posted Image

my modified stock class diablo pump with a t stock :) (and my vest that goes with it lol)
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#18 User is offline   Droop 

• Professional Noobsmith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Droopy Squirrel

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:45 AM

View Poststolz, on May 1 2007, 08:44 PM, said:

didnt sheridan make up the rules for "true" stock class in 89 so people would keep buying their markers? If you ask me 12grams/stick feed/pump = stock class.

fixzored
Droop :)

My Feedback Member of Garage Inc. Official Pump User #100 Automaggot #91
My Trigger SC Feed comma club member #6

So because I play scenarios, I won't buy a high-end unless it has rails at useless angles, and has a machine-gun shroud bolted on it?-Maduce

#19 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cor_man257

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

Yes, the 3357 is considered stock class beacuse its double action I think... or it might be single action... cant remember what you call it. you can cock the hammer everytime or you can cok it once and ust keep pulling the trigger.

I dont know who invented stock class... the Nel-spot was originally made for marking trees and cattle, not for paintball. So it seems to me the survival game must have made up the rules. And they marketed the splatmaster... so... who knows. It might have just been a marketing ploy... but it still rocks none the less.

EDIT: I wouldnt call that pump a stock class, its got more than one ball over the chamber, you could auto trigger all of your shots off... plus it has autotrigger... so yeah I guess its modifyed stock like you said. Technically the phantom isnt stock class. But theyre are so many of them that they are just accepted as being stock class.

But the whole idea of stock class was that your gun is stock, as it came from the factory. Except possibly for the grips. Today anything that uses 12grams and a horizontal feedtube is called stock class.

This post has been edited by cor_man257: 02 May 2007 - 11:33 AM

Iraq. Been there. Done that. OIF 2010- OND 2011.
I long for the life of a patio owner. Guitar, a grill, and laying in a hammock with the one you love staring at the skyline and the sunsets.Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:30 AM

They didn't start "stock class" until the semi-autos and CA and hoppers started coming in... then tournament organizers had to find a rule set to keep it all fair. Now we have the rule set to... keep it all fair! :ghillie:

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#21 User is offline   Droop 

• Professional Noobsmith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Droopy Squirrel

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:44 AM

YAY FAIRNESS
Droop :ghillie:

My Feedback Member of Garage Inc. Official Pump User #100 Automaggot #91
My Trigger SC Feed comma club member #6

So because I play scenarios, I won't buy a high-end unless it has rails at useless angles, and has a machine-gun shroud bolted on it?-Maduce

#22 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

View PostDroop, on May 2 2007, 11:44 AM, said:

YAY FAIRNESS
Droop :ghillie:

LOL.......... we got to take you to a SPEEDBALL field! lol just playing

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#23 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:30 PM

Actually, many people do play pump in a speedball setting and some do quite well.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#24 User is offline   anti_arrows 

• Would You Kindly?
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:29 PM

Like the ever amazing PIGP.....that team is all stock class. Tyger is on it.
Offical Pump Club Member #159
You Can't Wipe A Welt
Yeah My Gun Has PSP...Pump Shoot Pump

#25 User is offline   jake9095 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

so a stock class cant use a tank. just a 12 gram?

#26 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

I am sorry jake....but did you read the entire thread or just skim?

The rules for SC guns are very specific and listed in the first few posts of this 3 year old thread.

No, you may not use a Constant Air tank on a pump gun and have it still be considered Stock Class.
Once you add the CA tank the goes from SC to MSC or Modified Stock Class.

The only place these definitions are going to matter though would be in a tournament setting where they are very specific about SC regulations. I have not seen any such tourney in my 12 years of playing. Most pump only games are simply happy to have pump players and are not going to turn away players due to a very old description.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 29 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

#27 User is offline   DvS21 

• Duct Tape; saving lives since 1942
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden21

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:43 PM

Oh gosh, well. This is the first topic I'm posting in in a while. And yup. The stock class bug has bit me again. I think I'm going to buy a VSC phantom, straight from CCI, because I had one a while back, got out of the game for a little while, wound up getting rid of it and now I want to come back having the most fun I remember how, with a 12 gram and 10 round tube.

But Krazy8 I have to PM you, I'm thinking about a MacDev too. Probably used, I dunno if you remember me but we did play out in Utah together.

Finally, SC is basically just a 10 round feed, 12 gram in a bucket changer, and a pump handle. Although, I think there may be some regulation against the use of an Auto Trigger.... Correct me if I'm wrong.

But honestly, Pump players are just happy to see another guy out there pumping more than they are worried about the rules about SC MSC VSC that all but died out years ago.

PBN Feedback AO Feedback SOP Feedback
"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#28 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

Nobody mention the 3 year necro post okay?
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#29 User is offline   Shane Richter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:srichter

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

View PostAdrenaline Junkie, on May 1 2007, 07:28 PM, said:

I'm new to SC and want to purchase my first SC gun. I want it to be SC not just a pump. I've been playing semi-auto for 2 years now and it's getting rather dull. I don't want anything serious because i just play with my friends but i want to do something different than everyone else and the hype of SC seemed to be getting bigger and i really wanted to get into it. I've already read all of the newbie articles, looked at the gun pics, and tips and such and this type of paint ball really seems like it will be a lot more fun that playing with a semi. So all i'm asking for is for suggestions and even pics of decent SC guns i would be able to get without paying $300. So suggestions, comments, pics, even on what not to buy, anything to help me out would be greatly appreciated. And if you happen to know anyone trying to sell a decent SC gun let me know.

stock class = horizontal feed and the marker running on twelve grams. in order to change the twelve gram; the changer must at least turn three revolutions.
in order to chamber a ball you must rock the gun down or back from a horizontal position hence the slang rock and cock
paint to barrel match is crucial especial with pumps

PGP: used: is a very good marker beware though; paint has been getting small and you have a high tendency of rollouts with pgp

phantom: cheapest new one the site is 209
http://www.phantomon...uns/primary.htm

both of these suggestions are pistol like stock class markers
I have found that only people with a high ability of skill can shoot a stock class pistol (it is my next challenge)
everytime you cock the marker and aim your marker it is in a different location and it is very hard readjust a missed shot.
I highly recommend a stock for a stock class marker; it holds your marker steady and helps with adjusting for that next shot.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users