Special Ops Paintball: Introduction Thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Introduction Thread Rate Topic: -----

#121 User is offline   Anti-Hero13 

• Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kimmle

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

my name is grayson thompson im 13 i shoot a tippmann 98 custom with a 14" pmi razor barrel im goin to get an a-5 soon or a response trigger either one ive been playing paintball since the summer of 05 i went over to my friends house one day n he said he was goin to play paintball n i could come if i brought like ten bucks so i went i had never played before so i barrowed a lot of stuff we played all day at first i was afraid to get hit but after the first time i realized it didnt hurt at all n i got hooked n been playin ever since i play the most paintball out of my friends so im prbly a lil better than them my favorite jposition to play is sabre because u get to mix it up a lot n dont get stuck with one position
my favorite color is black
i live in irmo s.c.
aut viam inveniam aut faciam- I'll either find a way or make one

#122 User is offline   Magus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Magus

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:45 PM

Magus here...living in Central Wisconsin. I'm new to paintball, and am in the process of getting my wife and 12 year old son into the sport.

We are looking forward to spring, and learning what we can from this forum.

#123 User is offline   G-PAH 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GPAH

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:04 PM

Don't feel bad old man, we are in it together, i.e. my nickname. But anyways, I've been playing consistanly for a year now, but have played on and off for about 5 years. I'm always sore the day after, but it's such a good time, and great stress reliver that i just have to keep playing. I'm not a big fan of the pay fields, as it's so much money to pay, so I tend to play where it's free. The drawback is the lack of good competition. I would like to play with or against teams that play together to see just how good or bad i am, so i'm holding on to that hope someday. I play it all also, and don't really care about the where or when. I'm in Gretna Nebraska and normally play down just north of lincoln, but like i said, the where or when doesn't really matter as long as there are people to shoot at.

View PostTyger, on Jan 20 2005, 12:43 AM, said:

Ahh, why not.

Hello to one and all. I'm Tyger. (Nobody else would actually ADMIT being me...) I'm old. Ignore the creaking, that's just my knees. Been playing since '89 when it was a PGP and a few hundred paintballs for a whole day. I'm still playing, probably a little slower than I used to be. In the Brigade system I'm a "Sabre", play any position that's needed. I figure someone's gotta do it, so it'll probably be me. And I'll play anything. Woods, Scenario, Urban, Indoor, Speedball, Tournaments, Rec, Pump, Stock Class, open semi... who cares. If I'm flinging paint at somoene else, and we're all having fun, then I'm happy.

I also run Web Dog Radio, a paintball video site with tips, tactics, and techniques. Free to look around in, and there's a lot of woods stuff and old school videos there too. I also co-wrote the "Complete Guide to Paintball", currently writing for a couple of the magazines, all that good stuff. I'm here mainly to be a nusance and the occasional voice of sanity in an otherwise insane world. No, wait, that was Star Trek again. DANG!

And don't ask about the injuries. It's a long story that'll end up as a web page on my personal site sometime... HEY! I'm old! Where's the rocking chairs around here? Young whippersnappers... back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways in a blinding snowstorm to play paintball in our bare feet to buy paint at $1 for 10 balls and we didn't have barrel plugs either! Wow this is tiny print....

#124 User is offline   ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE 

• Commander of Arkk Angelz
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ARKK ANGELZ EAGLE

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:01 PM

My real name is Matthew, and am 16 years old. Its been 3-4 years since I played my first woodsball (heck, paintball as a whole!) and have been playing ever since. Right now, I'm just using a stock Tippmann/Special Ops X7 to get the job done, though I hope to get an air-thru system so that it will be more like the rifles my team works with during 'dry' exercises.

After high school I was planning on going into Marines, but I was diagnosed with diabetes and everything sort've fell apart. I began playing paintball to show I could get out and do stuff, and give 110% no matter what.

I'm involved with two teams. One is my very own Arkk Angelz that I've led through this year, and I'm also part of a still forming scenerio team that will be attending Black Hawk Down and Oklahoma D-Day events in the future (Many of our members have already had the pleasure in doing so).

For the guy on the field, I just do my job in having fun and completing the objectives, regardless of victory. If you've seen the film Black Hawk Down, then you'll have a good idea on how my teams and I move, which was largely affected by the fact that the local field has dozens of buildings, as well as a base-perimeter wall and one of the largest trench systems in paintball. Everything is fluid and precise.

Attached File  DSCF0722.jpg (169.23K)
Number of downloads: 4

Thats the scenerio team on convoy protection duty. I'm the dude taking shots at the entrenched 'Reds' in the buildings.
IPB Image

#125 User is offline   Kasaron 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:KASARON

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

Name: "Kasaron" Tyler Gigliello
Position: Right Flank

I'm a living oddity, so sue me. I like paintballing cause it lets me exercise my mind and body, and lets my creativity go wild (in designing new ways to mark the enemy.) I'm strong-willed, loyal, intelligent, and a firm believer in the value of hard work. I prefer CocaCola cold, in a glass bottle with no ice. I enjoy outdoorsmanship (camping with no technology and as little equipment as possible), and blacksmithing, both in theory and practice. I live by a strict set of "rules" which I hold above everything else. I believe that living free is better than living safe, and that people in our times are too soft.

I'm an old man at heart, but I'm really only 17, don't let my age fool you, I'm dangerous and competent.

I dunno what else to say, so to avoid saying something stupid, I'll just clamp down now.

Cheers Mates.

KTG

kasaron.deviantart.com (my own site, and a better idea of who I am.)
Technical Engineer for Tactical Recon Assault Squadron - Akavian (TRAS-AKAV)

A man's(or woman's) worth on the field is relative to his equipment, how well he knows his teammates, and how well he can formulate and follow orders under fire.

#126 User is offline   Dragon76 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dragon76

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

Dragon76. 76 was the year i was born and Dragon is also the year i was born. I just started playing paintball after wanted to for a couple year. My first time playing had about 700+ people there. I just bought myself a Tippmann A-5,still stock for now. I live in London, Ont. After reading most of the intros on here i think i might be the only female to post here. I know there are more on the forums. I'm looking for a group to play with on a regular basis as im now totally hooked on paintball.

#127 User is offline   Crims0n 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Crims0n

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:57 AM

My name is Lee Roy and I'm relatively new to the paintball world. Living in LA county makes it hard to get out for woodsball. I guess the next best thing would be a scenario field. Anyways, I started playing with a JT Tac-5 (I know, I was young and it was cheap) back in '05. I went on a hiatus the next two years due to personal problems, but as of Dec 23, 2007. I've decided to get back into the swing of things and jump right in. I plan to start a team and improve my skills. Hopefully, I'll see you guys on the field soon.

#128 User is offline   Railgun 

• Jack of all trades
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Railgun

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

My name is Jason. I'm 33 years old and I am also active duty Air Force. I have been playing paintball now for about 12 years now. I began playing paintball when I was stationed in Germany. I played there about every weekend. I started with an old Brass Eagle Tigershark and move on up with a VM-68, Raptor, Puma, Pro-Lite, Autococker, Automag, 1st gen Shocker, Rainmaker, Pirahana, Spyder Imagine, BT-4, and Vibe. I played the most with the Automag. I only recently purchased the BT-4 and Vibe. I have played fields in Germany, Texas, and Florida. I have played in a couple of Scenarios in Texas. Now I am stationed in Florida and bouncing around trying to find a good field to play at. I like to play the Sabre and Broadsword positions, but I can play pretty much any position on the field.
"The only good kill is Overkill!!!"

"Friendly fire...isn't" -Murphy's laws of combat

#129 User is offline   dw34 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DW34

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

HI EVERYBODY!
I'm Doug Walker, new to the forum but have been playing for a year and a half. I'm 35yrs old and I can't tell you how happy I am to finally be able to play this game. I've wanted to play for years " since I was about 19-20 yrs old", from the first time I'd heard of it actually. My son Brandon who is 15, plays also. Which was sort of the catalyst that allowed me to finally get into paintball. Something we could do together, that was the angle I used with my wife. And once I got that green light, I've been out of control ever since (her words) . I don't get to play as much as I'd like, but that will change dramatically this year. We're attending 3 scenarios in about 5 weeks time, I hope my bones/back can handle it.
Outside of having a good time it is important to me to play w/ honor , safety and sportsmanship in mind. That is a focal point with us and the team I have started "Walkers Rangers". As far as my style of play and or position, I only play scenarios/ woodsball. I don't care much for speedball or some of the attitudes that come with it. Having fun means more than being that competitive to me. I prefer the Broadsword position, as I'm too old and heavy to go running around like a mad man- although I have been known to make some bold moves " most resulting in some form of injury". I guess in a nutshell I play paintball because I like the challenge, and when I'm out there the rest of the world ceases to exist and I can feel like a kid again. Even though I'll feel like an decrepit old man the day after.
Walkers Rangers
Tippmann Owners Group #130

#130 User is offline   BroadSword1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BroadSword1

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:31 AM

Hey all, my name is Eric Parker (aka Broadsword1) and I am fairly new to the Scenario scene. I have been playing paitball for about 2yrs total time. I started back in 2000 but had a extreme lull in actual playing to maybe 1 or 2 days a yr for much of that time. Most of what I use to play was Outlaw Woodsball, but last yr was introduced to field playing and scenarios. I was immediately hooked. This year I hope to hit at least 3-4 Scenarios and get a lot more playing done on the local fields. I have started 2 teams but am consolidating them into one team the M.A.C.Os. As too my postion as my nickname applies I play the Broadsword postion. It was a natural postion for me to assume base on my play characteristics. I currently play with a Tippman 98 Custom but I am upgrading to an A-5A2 with lots of goodies. I celebrated my Bday yesterday (March 27) where I turned 30. I live in Illinois near 3 fields, CPX which I have not yet played at, The BadLands, and Realm of Ruins. Realm of Ruins is the closest field to me and I consider it my home field. As for my team I am looking for more members and don't have a homefield for it as of yet.
"Semper Invictus"

#131 User is offline   EcdrAceofSpades 

• AECU Head Honcho/Superdude Extraordinaire
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:EcdrAceofSpades

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

El Ecuador's Ace of Spades here, greetings to all the hombres and girls. Representing'o el Brooklyn in NYC!

New to the forums, been around the paintball scene for some time and also been around the operator's forum. Had to change the name in the brigade so now is the same as my usrname (I forgot my last username and password) in any case if anyone has any questions aboiut problems with the tippy A5 I might be able to help. Hoepfully I'll catch up a couple of members if this forum in one of this summer's events.

Cheers!
"We will live life to the fullest, spit in the eye of those who hold us down and will proudly hang for it"
16th Century English Pirate.

#132 User is offline   Synister Wolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Synister Wolf

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:28 PM

My name's Erick Gastelum
My teammates call me Wolf.
I have a paintball team called TAPS (Tactical Assault Paintball Squad)
I have a stock X7 with E-trigger, and I use a Recon 6 Vest.

I recently bought about $50 of gear from SpecOps Shop, and I was wondering if I could get that as points on my Brigade page.

I'm really getting into paintball, even though it's been like a month since I started, and so I wouldn't mind leveling up to an Officer.

:)

#133 User is offline   Mastino 

• Let Loose the Dogs of War!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MASTIFF

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Clarence or Mastino, or Mastiff or hey you. :ghillie: I am 28 and I live in Socal. I am half Italian and was raised half my life in Italy. I wanted to drop some background on my brigade and forum names if you don't mind. :wacko:

The reason I chose Mastiff as my name is because of the Neapolitan Mastiff(from Naples, Italy). They are large, powerful, fearless war dogs whose loyalty to their masters knows no bounds. The Romans used their direct ancestors as dogs of war and as gladiators in the arenas. They were pitted against lions and tigers as well as men. The upper class of the Roman society would keep several of them on their property to protect their families and their valuables from thieves. They are gentle giants and pretty lazy but this is not to be taken lightly. It will protect its family and its family's property with its life. I feel very akin to these animals not only because we are from the same place but also because I think of myself as a gentle giant that will protect his family and property with my life, and I have owned them. This is also the way I play paintball or any sport for that matter. I am gentle with my teammates but I will murder the opposition. I will destroy them by any means paintball. I like to be the walking tank(full of ammo and 'nades) but I still move quick and get in the mix when I need to. I apologize if I bored you, I thought I'd save some of you the trouble of having to ask. :wacko:

I am new to woodsball(paintball in general) and to this forum and the brigade(gee Clarence look at your post count and join date, I'm sure they can tell). I have only been playing for about a month maybe 2 months. I am glad I found this site so I can connect with other players in my area and all across the globe. I have a Tippmann X7 with the Flatline barrel and a Trinity Stock. I have a red dot sight on it but it doesn't really work too well with the Flatline barrel. I play whatever position I need to play so I guess you can pretty much say I'm a Sabre. I'd like to move into a Sniper position some day and I am in the process of saving up and piecing together a marker specifically for "sniping". I have been looking at a Tippmann A5 or 98C with a Q loader system. Any thoughts on my choice would be greatly appreciated. I hope to learn from everyone here and I hope that I can contribute to the community as well. Ci vediamo dopo! :wacko:

This post has been edited by Mastino: 10 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

The Army of One
One man, One rifle, One shot, One kill

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users