• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

im in huge trouble i really need some advice... Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:56 PM

View PostTHE MENACE, on Nov 18 2007, 09:30 PM, said:

i havent been lying though! i have told the truth so far. i wasnt careful, i wasnt thinking, i was being stupid, and i hit the van!

i have gotten so many different opinions/thoughts from people i know, so idk whats true or not

-THE MENACE

Listen straight up, If your parents have insurance then it will have to pay for the damages. Reality is you were unsupervised and your parents may lose the insurance or suffer higher premiums as a result. In order for the other persons insurance to come in to the picture is if they lie about it and claim it was vandalism or have their own insurance fix it and their insurance will seek compensation from your parents insurance. Im not saying all this to be mean but it is fact, you screwed up and are owning up to it. So take a deep breath realize that you have parents for a reason and let them take care of it!

good luck -ED

Edit: When I say let your parents take care of it I mean the negotiations with the other party and insurance not the cost.

This post has been edited by Sped-SR: 18 November 2007 - 07:57 PM

The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#32 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:30 PM

yeah, i am looking at liquidating all of my unneeded belongings, emptying my bank accounts. that will cover alot. actually, after i tithe, i might even be able to pay this off before the end of this coming summer.

BUT

if we go through the insurance, we will probably have to pay through the nose in the long run. deductable, higher premiums. good news is, we have a guy who will fix it for cost. about $7500 both cars. but, if we go through insurance, it will be over ten grand. i guess we will just have to work this out outside of insurance.

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#33 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:27 AM

fix their car now. fix yours whenever it is financially convenient. but if you already told your parent, let them deal with figuring out what to do.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#34 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:35 AM

ok what im about to tell you is compelty illegal and i am only gona say this because i dont want to see somones family go bankrupt over something small like this. if you are good friends with the family see if there insurence claim is covered by a hit and run driver. if so convince them that YOU will pay the offset of the insurence company. this will get their car fixed and will keep you out of trouble. but your gona have to give up some stuff in the mean time to pay it off, may even say you might not be on the field for a while.......or if thats not an option for you see if you can work for them such as yard work, walking pets and all that kind of stuff.
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#35 User is offline   GuitarSlave 

• Moutain Bike Racer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GuitarSlave

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:47 AM

View Postemr_ambush_alpha67, on Nov 19 2007, 08:35 AM, said:

ok what im about to tell you is compelty illegal and i am only gona say this because i dont want to see somones family go bankrupt over something small like this.

I dont think you should take an illegal approach

#36 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:22 PM

emr: i really dont want to sound righteous here, cuz im not, but im a Christian, and it would be morally wrong to lie about this. plus, if i get caught, state farm will send me to death row.

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#37 User is offline   knitemare 

• Baller for Christ, the real sin savior
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:knitemare

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:43 PM

dude, its not illegal, you were on private property, at least thats the way in kansas
I am a Christian Baller
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!

Addicted To Facebook Member #1

#38 User is offline   GuitarSlave 

• Moutain Bike Racer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GuitarSlave

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:40 PM

just because something is legal doesn't make it right

#39 User is offline   Thorax 

• PipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:25 PM

View PostGuitarSlave, on Nov 19 2007, 09:40 PM, said:

I think he has more trouble with the immorality of lying.

Lie like a rug dude. Put your beliefs a side for a moment and do whats best for everyone involved. EMR's plan sounds solid. Go for it.

#40 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:09 PM

Besides all the talk about Car Insurance...how strict are your Parents, cus if theyre Very Strict, you can Kiss your Driving Privileges (even if its just a Permit) goodbye to the Point that you would need prove to them how responsible you are as a Safe Driver.

Your lil incident reminds me of an incident that involves a girl who thought she would be able to drive a car without any Proper Training and she was same Age as you...she found out the Hard Way real quick in her melee...she damaged 15 parked cars, damaged a retaining wall and took down a Parking Light Pole at a Shopping Center I worked at 6 years ago...she did all this, just to impress her friends who happened to be there.

It was good thing I was the Supervisor at the time and told my subordinate to write up the Incident Report for the Police, Property MGR and the owners of the Parked cars.

#41 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

thorax: while i appreciate your opinion, it aint right. its about integrity. what kind of a guy am i if i feel i need to lie about my mistakes? besides, man, if i get caught, dang im in trouble, lol

yeah, but i have been driving going on two years now. just my permit though. and its only 6 months til im 18. and it looks like its cheaper to not even go through the insurance believe it or not. it will be about $8500, but, if we went through the insurance, we would be running about $21,000 after the raised rates and everything. insurance just seems like the biggest scam ever after this, lol. i've definantly learned my lesson though. look behind ya :D

EF: i cant prove to them anything if they dont let me drive. idk how this will all turn out. im guessing im just gonna have to get my liscense myself when im 18. whats six months in the scheme of life anyways. i dont really need a car for my job anyways. 15 cars!? dang man! i only got one :( i need to try again :huh:

-THE MENACE

#42 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:59 PM

that's why you back up slowly :huh:

<Insert Sig Here>

#43 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

View PostThorax, on Nov 19 2007, 10:25 PM, said:

View PostGuitarSlave, on Nov 19 2007, 09:40 PM, said:

I think he has more trouble with the immorality of lying.

Lie like a rug dude. Put your beliefs a side for a moment and do whats best for everyone involved. EMR's plan sounds solid. Go for it.

View PostTHE MENACE, on Nov 19 2007, 11:52 PM, said:

thorax: while i appreciate your opinion, it aint right. its about integrity. what kind of a guy am i if i feel i need to lie about my mistakes? besides, man, if i get caught, dang im in trouble, lol

yeah, but i have been driving going on two years now. just my permit though. and its only 6 months til im 18. and it looks like its cheaper to not even go through the insurance believe it or not. it will be about $8500, but, if we went through the insurance, we would be running about $21,000 after the raised rates and everything. insurance just seems like the biggest scam ever after this, lol. i've definantly learned my lesson though. look behind ya ;)

EF: i cant prove to them anything if they dont let me drive. idk how this will all turn out. im guessing im just gonna have to get my liscense myself when im 18. whats six months in the scheme of life anyways. i dont really need a car for my job anyways. 15 cars!? dang man! i only got one :( i need to try again :P

-THE MENACE

Everyone's entitled to bend the rules sometimes. If you were 16 and had your liscence, it would be about integrity, but this could affect you for a long time. Sometimes, you just gotta bend the truth. If there was a 21-year old in the car with you, you're officially legal. I'm gonna have to go with Thorax here.

And a lot of people might be thinking "No! ZOMGcopter! Lying is terrible!" But this is one of the two situations where lying might actually be helpful conmsidering the effects this could have on you.

The other situation where you should lie is if you happened to somehow be singled-handedly responsible for the downfall of America, and roast beef, in which case you didn't see a thing.

#44 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:06 PM

I dont see a problem saying there was someone 21.

Its not like its going to make anything worse...all its going to do is make it so ppl dont potentially loose as much money and he doesnt loose his driving privelgdes.

Peace,
Teddy K

#45 User is offline   little_ben 

• Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

damn, that sucks. i cant imagine what i would do if i did something like that. i drive my parents lincoln by myself with my permit, and we dont have insurance on it yet. unless you can get someone who is 21 to say they were with you then idk what you should do, doesnt this mean you wont get your license until your 18???? (that is if the police are invloved)

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users