#16 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Then I'll be John Wayne.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#17 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

And I shall henceforth be referred to as the sexiest man on the forum!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well in that case...I'm not in a relationship with Stinkfingr
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#19 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

So basically, you want the Tiberius pistol magazine, but refillable?
You could up the size a little bit (10-15 rounds) and not have to up the air tank size much at all.
Perhaps have a fill nipple at the rear base of the magazine. Internal air bladder would be along the bottom and front, with your chamber for spring and paint in the rear half (like RAP4 mags).
Maybe even make the two parts detachable (should you need to open the paint carrying portion to clean if you break a ball).

Basically, L shaped air tank, with a vertical paint holding chamber in the empty part, forming a box.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#20 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostPirate, on 06 March 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

So basically, you want the Tiberius pistol magazine, but refillable?
You could up the size a little bit (10-15 rounds) and not have to up the air tank size much at all.
Perhaps have a fill nipple at the rear base of the magazine. Internal air bladder would be along the bottom and front, with your chamber for spring and paint in the rear half (like RAP4 mags).
Maybe even make the two parts detachable (should you need to open the paint carrying portion to clean if you break a ball).

Basically, L shaped air tank, with a vertical paint holding chamber in the empty part, forming a box.

Pretty much, but bigger, higher capacity.

I was thinking, since the tube in the RAP4 mags curves around the outside of the mag and there's nothing really in the middle that's where you could put the cylinder, with a quick fill nozel opening to the side.

But yeah, any idea will do if it works! And someone makes it haha! Also, folding stocks with mask wells!
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#21 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Folding Dogleg maybe? There aren't really any stocks in existence that have a cutout for the face other than that.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#22 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

Killjoy Industires makes the ROC stock. Is a sliding stock though, not folding.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#23 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostPirate, on 11 March 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

Folding Dogleg maybe? There aren't really any stocks in existence that have a cutout for the face other than that.

I saw someone take a (I think it was Warsensor) wire frame stock that was made wit two bars between the hinge and buttplate and remove the upper bar, it looked like it would work perfect. I thought about that with the dogleg, might be alright, although no one makes it haha.

Thing is though that those doglegs move the stock a little too far out of the way!

People don't seem to realize a very useful function for a stock is the ability to brace your mask against the stock! That's why they have cheek rests on the real ones (and, quite stupidly, by trying to look real at the expense of fing working, on a lot of the paintball versions). You brace your head against the stock and that makes it a lot easier to sight and fire accurately on the move. Thing about moving is, it causes your shoulders, head, arms all to move and somewhat independently of each other at that so it becomes neigh impossible to line up an accurate shot. On the move it's pretty much just ALL point and shoot whether you like it or not. But with a stock on a paintball gun, you hold the gun with your hands, lock the stock to your shoulder, brace your mask against the stock, and now everything's moving just like before, but now everything is moving together. Which now makes it a viable option to actually aim and be shooting on the move, accurately. Still not as accurately as if you would stop, but you get the idea.

So what's ideal for a stock with a mask is not to get the whole stock out of the way completely, except where the buttplate contacts your shoulder like they did with the dogleg. But to leave the stock where it is and make a cutout into the stock, deep enough to accommodate a mask, so that the mask can be braced there keeping the players eye behind and slightly above the weapon, behind the sight (if one is there) or at least in sight-line with the barrel. So that's what I want to see. Basically just a reverse negative cheek rest, preferably adjustable to accommodate different masks and still keep the eye positioned correctly.

The second ideal being to have some means of getting the stock completely out of the way including it's entire length (folding or fully collapseable), because with paintball guns your range is severely limited, and adding the stock will increase accuracy significantly, but never enough to be worth having it stuck there at all times given the extremely short ranges of paintballs in general. So there's often going to be situations where it's better not to have one at all thus *fold* now I don't, except I do in case I find myself in a situation latter where I can afford the extra length... sweet.

View PostCuy'val Dar, on 12 March 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

Killjoy Industires makes the ROC stock. Is a sliding stock though, not folding.

Well, that's pretty cool. Folding or sliding doesn't really matter, as long as it can completely eliminate the added length of the stock when necessary (which in paintball is often).
Although, like the dogleg I feel it gets the stock a little too far out of the way.

Also those offset stock designs widen the weapon, which is going to be bad when you're cutting corners!

Also they make it impossible to use ambidextrously in game, which is going to be even worse when cutting corners in the opposite direction. Haha! That set up if/when you need to switch stance puts the stock way way more in the way than it would be if you just went with a standard, down the middle, stock...

Just a regular folding/collapseable/sliding stock, with a shallow cutout into it at the base for the mask is all I want, and it doesn't seem to exist. I'd like to take a hacksaw to my OpsGear G36 folder to make something like that but I worry about whether the composite will be rigid enough to remain stable with half of it hacked out. Especially against the pressure of the spring loaded hinge when folding it. Also I want to figure a way to mount my air in it which will make strength even more important.

So if I were to do that, I wonder if the composite would be strong/rigid/stable enough, or if not, if I could at least reenforce it with some metal pieces. Huh...

Sure would be nice to have air in mags, and a purpose mad folder with a mask cutout so I don't have to worry about all that though :|

Way to go paintball industry...
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users