A-5 E-Grip Review/Rant/Story?

#1 User is offline   Eggmoe 

• They call me "Runs With No Pants"
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Eggmoe

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:18 PM

Well.
I got myself an E-Grip cause I needed to shoot faster (I only played on a Speedball field at the time)
It sounded good, and the dude at the store installed it for me.
So I got the gun back and was excited because I turned it on and messed with it. Heard the solenoid punching. Everything worked fine without air.
Then I go to my field and I'm showing off and all, but then I go to play.
I set the gun to DeBounce mode to keep up with the spaceguns that the other kids were using.

I go to shoot, and after three shots, it won't stop shooting.
The refs are going crazy- I'm trying to turn it off- And it just keeps on going.

The whole thing was really stupid and made me look like an butt. It finally ceased, and I was not allowed to get back on the field and play unless I fixed it.
I messed with it in the Chrono but couldn't fix it. I finally determined that it would only worked correctly on single fire, so I set it to that.
I get to play again.

So I'm playing and I'm like, "Wow :mellow:. I got a hundred dollar stock grip."

I ask the dude that installed it to fix it, and he said, "Well, Normally woodsball players keep it like that prefer it" [Total BS]
Whatever, I just wanted it fixed.

He said he tried it out and shot a case of paint through it and it worked fine. [Moar BS, because it was not fine.]
I didn't know at the time that it still was not fixed, so I go back to the field and try it out. Same problem.

I bought an Indian Creek Designs Promaster from my friend, so I played with that instead.
But now, I started to play woodsball and I want this fixed. So I called up Tippmann. The guy on the phone said to try to reset it to default settings because it may be the board, and if that doesn't work, I can send it in to get it fixed or replaced. Whatever. I know it's not the board and replacing it might not solve the problem.
If anyone can help me out, please do.

Other than that, Single shot works great. I give the E-Grip 4/5 because I know that Full Auto works good.

#2 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WITHFORCE

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

Beyond the obvious "check the battery," I'd also suggest checking out the micro switch. I haven't experienced this personally (on accident, anyways) but I know the switch is pressed down until you pull the trigger, then it comes up and fires. Maybe something wrong at the point of contact? Unless it's doing the crazy full-auto (we tried to do the MR1 spring mod on an A5 just to see... yeah... wasn't pretty) the Board is actually operating fine (you hear the solenoid activating, it's firing at a steady rate of fire, etc). I bet it's at the micro switch.

Let me know what you come up with?
Who needs subtlety? I shoot until the woods are monochrome.

#3 User is offline   Eggmoe 

• They call me "Runs With No Pants"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Eggmoe

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:16 PM

How could it be the switch? If it was the switch, then it would be doing it on any firing mode. It works perfectly on semi auto.

#4 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:08 PM

ROF - Rate of fire - The max BPS you will be shooting
Dwell - How long the solenoid is tripped and in turn how long the sear will be down
Debounce - how long the board waits until it will be able to register a trigger pull

If you turned the debounce down and fired your trigger will bounce off of the switch making the board think you pulled the trigger again then again and again and so forth until it maxes out its cycling speed or hits the max ROF.

Solution turn up the debounce or re adjust the metal leaf on the switch.

Above all else read the manual until you can program each set point without it.
http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/manuals/WAS_E...ent_Manuals.pdf

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users