Special Ops Paintball: Dive Bomber - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Dive Bomber

Poll: Dive Bomber (102 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of a R/C plane/choper that would carry a 3-5 nade payload?

1. Great (34 votes [34.34%])

Percentage of vote: 34.34%

2. Would never work (33 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Too expensive (32 votes [32.32%])

Percentage of vote: 32.32%

Which Platform?

1. Plane (33 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Chopper (66 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote

#31 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:42 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Mar 7 2008, 05:51 PM, said:

View PostAim for the trash, on Mar 7 2008, 03:16 PM, said:

No. It won't work. If it did work, it would be too much of a hassle, and/ or not worth the trouble.

Also, if it did work, it would fast become a Target by everyone on the field, even for the guys with their BE's.

It really wouldn't be a hassle if you did it right. Also yes it would be a target but all you have to do is make it fly higher our build it heavier to stand up to the hits. its not as far fetched as some people think I used to have an r/c plane that could drop 5 bombs the size of a coffee mug and it cost me sixty bucks, if I didnt play paint ball so much I could have probably gotten good at it too.
No go on the helicopter to slow it would get painted so many colors. Air planes are much harder to hit. Think why America has lost more helicopters in action than jets. Remote control helicopters are to hard to fly any way.
Or just screw the whole r/c concept and get pilots license and fly a helicopter around like at elite weekend! :(

This post has been edited by Dunceb4ll: 04 May 2008 - 09:52 PM

THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#32 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

I believe this could work with a plane. A helicopter would be too slow, and be under more strain to lift it than the plane would. Also, Mechanical problems happen on helicopters much more than planes, and if you lose control of the helicopter, you have to be fast, and have a direct line of sight to regain that control before it hits the ground or something attached to the ground (like a tree, bush or person). All you will see is the video see alot of stuff really fast (like if you are sitting in a chair spining with your eyes open) or everything suddenly coming up from the ground (depending on what type of problem it is.) Also with a helicopter, people will be shooting at it, like dunce4ball said, it is much slower than a plane (especially if both were loaded down with their arsenal) and if they start scoring hits, they would most likely hit the main rotor. Hits on the main rotor will break the ball, cause the rotor to slow down as a whole, putting stress on moving parts that isn't normally there (thus is not designed with that stress in mind, thus causing possible breaks that could end badly) and could cause the blades to warp, break, or most likely imbalence (which makes the helicopter alot hard to fly). With a plane, something goes wrong, you can correct without to much trouble by using the video feeds. For the plane, you would probably want to go with an electric plane. One that is pretty wide (in the fuselage). You would probably want to drop in the biggest size electric motor you can find (or afford), and have a dual rates switch on the radio, so when landing, so you can actually get slow enough to land the thing. I think planes would be more practical as a level bomber. With practice you can become a dive bomber, but it is much harder, as every situation will be different. I think a camera should be foward mounted and another one aim down (not all the way, at about 75 degrees downward and forward). I would think you would want to go with ailerons. The main reason for that would be that if you take a hit on the tip of one wing, you would want to be able to stablize with something better than the rudder. All of this will make sense to someone who actually flys rc planes and/or helicopters. If not, you will have to learn to fly this thing before you actually do, so then you will understand.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#33 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

This actually does have alot of potential. I would use a plane, because they are faster, can carry much more load, and would be difficult to shoot down. A heli would be very slow, easy to shoot because they hover, and would become very unbalanced with the grenades attached.

#34 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:41 PM

there is also a massive safety hazard, the rotor blades on those planes spin might fast and they could cause some serious damage if they hit someone....i was big into R/C planes,cars, ect and i can tell some horror stories when things go wrong

#35 User is offline   L1GHTR1FL3M4N 

• Co-Commanding Dagger
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:L1GHTR1FL3M4N

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

i think that would be awesome but here is the problem..
money lol lots of it..
and a friggin ridiculous gas powered heavy duty RC plane and/or chopper..

i'd be sweet though. i would even use a cam id keep it in view. i would still go far.. just have a supression fire guy shooting while your flying the bomber over a bunker. lol
KH
KHAOS HOUNDZ
Dagger/Co-Commanding Officer

#36 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:36 PM

View PostVeritech Squad, on Mar 12 2008, 11:18 AM, said:

Until everybody shoots it to pieces.

AGREED 110% !

#37 User is offline   irockadidas 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:irockadidas

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

I think the idea is good.. Would like to see how it progresses...
Tippmann owner # 102

#38 User is offline   Ecellg 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:09 PM

www.flylprc.com/jcff06/index.html is some photos of a plane dropping a plastic egg full of flour. The photo numbers you want to look at are: 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50. #50 was a direct hit on what was the target, which was the center of the circle. To make this so it was not a perment change to the aircraft, they just used rubber bands to attach a cup with the egg in it. The pilot had to do something to get it out of the cup. This could be modified to go at the flip of a switch using something other than a cup. I will try to modify a plane to drop things. If I am going to do this, I am going to go at it full swing and buy a new plane that is MUCH bigger than anything I have now. So I will have to assemble it, then modify it, which will take a good deal of time. Will keep you posted.

The website of the airport this guys were at is www.flyjcrc.com. Also a thing that must be considered when doing this is www.flyjcrc.com/Pictures/Fun%20Fly%202007/IMGP0875_2.jpg This plane nosed dived from about 15 feet off the ground, without the engine running.

This post has been edited by Ecellg: 02 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:

#39 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

Every single RC flying event though will have a simple rule.. All flights are to be over unoccupied land, there are to be no spectators or participants directly underneath a flight path at any time. I've taken prop, and was lucky to get away without stitches.. only managed that because the engine was just starting, and not working particularly well.

You don't want to be flying this over anyone.. Sorry.
Lo

#40 User is offline   paintballfrk 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

If someone shot the chopper it would damage it and you would be out cause its yoour gear and wouldnt it be funner just to play.

#41 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

View PostCesar, on May 18 2008, 04:41 PM, said:

there is also a massive safety hazard, the rotor blades on those planes spin might fast and they could cause some serious damage if they hit someone....i was big into R/C planes,cars, ect and i can tell some horror stories when things go wrong

Right, when the plane crashes it could be a potential safety hazzard, starting fires, landing upon groups of players and whatnot.

View Postpaintballfrk, on Jun 2 2008, 08:05 PM, said:

If someone shot the chopper it would damage it and you would be out cause its yoour gear and wouldnt it be funner just to play.

By George, I think he's got it!
Just play! Quit wasting your time on these silly projects. Tanks are different in that many fields allow them, their more practical and easier to build.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#42 User is offline   Ecellg 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

If I got what I am thinking of working, I wouldn't even consider letting it fly other than at an rc airport. For one reason, it is to big (11'X9' i think), the second being that I am expecting at least $500 to go into this (no small number for a fourteen year old). The third being that if I just crash a plane that the only work that went into it was work to get it flying only, I would be sad but okay with it, crashing this would be horrible. The fourth reason is that if I had to rely on the cameras to fly the plane, it WILL be lost. Maybe not the first time, but it will eventually happen. I will be putting electric motors because if I know it is an unsavable position, I can just throttle down. Being electric that will shut the motors completely off, and it will not be turning at all. Another lesser consideration is that I can make money with it, shows, I can sell parts I used on it to let it work.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:

#43 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:48 AM

I finally found this post again. I was instantly reminded of this thread one day as I was driving to my local paintball shop. I drive by a field where R/C PLane and Helicopter enthusiasts go to fly. I watched as a helcopter was zipping around when it suddenly went nose down and then did a 90 degree change of direction about 4 feet off the ground. After travelling about 20 feet, it crashed into the ground sending parts flying in all directions. The guy could only shake his head and then run out and put out the burning wreckage. This only shows how unsafe this can be. Considering that this thing could cuase serious bodily harm, it should not be attempted.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#44 User is offline   hellstorm117 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hellstorm117

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:11 AM

it reminds me of the UAVs online in ghost recon. I love shooting them down, I woulndnt shoot someones helicopter but I know someone else would.
slip out the back before they know you were there

#45 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

it would work...i have seen one [but it dropped t shirts] ...but just think of how you are going to feel when someone shoots it and it crashes...i would cry
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users