Special Ops Paintball: What do you do when you are about to lose the game? - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you do when you are about to lose the game? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#106 User is offline   kook 

• leet as the street
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:50 PM

I usually play until I see one of them charge me. Then I just stand there and yell until I get hit. Helps with the pain.

One time, I was about to to be bunkered. I could hear the guy running to my bunker but I was out of ammo and needed to grab a pod. So I just crawled into the fetal position and started yelling. I got shot but it made for a good laugh later.
My SpecOps Feedback

Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#107 User is offline   Souleater 

• Well, I HAD 300 posts....
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Village Idiot

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:55 AM

View PostDeadEye93, on Aug 24 2007, 09:41 PM, said:

hah lose? Bravo Company? what r u thinking. but really. here comes my favorite story. its a long one so grab a soda and some chips. seeing as we never lose :huh: this is a story of severe outnumbering, tactical defense, a last stand, a sparton textbook story, and a victory. here goes

so it was a rec game at out local field. about 7 guys from bravo company were there. me, co captain hotchkiss, and some walkon were behind a bunker flanking. i saw a ref and asked for a team count. on our blue team, he said the other refs and he havnt seen any other of us. and he said there was 40 ish reds.

"well CRAP" said i

so i lead us to a pillbox where we wiped off the inside of our goggles, distributed ammo, and checked our gas.

we all took a side window and left the doorway open, it was walled up so we were fine. hotchkiss called "runner" we all moved to his wall. i looked through my scope and saw it was a blue, then looked closer and saw it was co captain phillip james monica. he came in the door

"dude like 40 of them are all across the field amassing. i barely got away, i think [co captain] dave got hit"

we saw a guy run up and slam against a tree infront of the north window.

"color check, you blue soldier?" i yelled

"yeah..." he said and he ran at us shooting.

"TAKE EM OUT!!" i yelled

all 4 of us converged on the north window and hosed him.

i looked over at the walkon and he was hit in the face.

"well boys were down to three" i said

we had him give us his paint, he was happy to help, and then he left.

the rest is where a paintball playing angel was watching down on us.

*bzzt* this is dave, is anyone from bravo company there *bzzt*

*bzzt* dave, this is dewar, come to the pillbox *bzzt*

we saw him sprinting towards us and then we heard paintballs impacting on the walls of the pillbox.

"HOTCHKISS, PJ GET DOWN!" i yelled

as dave came through the door paint was flying through the windows and hitting walls from the east
i dove through the door on my side so i was facing the flank squad with my upper torso exposed and got all 3 of them with 9 shots total.

we heard the sound of elephant stomping and then we saw about 35 guys all running at our pillbox. we all converged on the west window and began shooting. pj and dave left the pillbox and flanked. it was an intense firefight with their men dropping like flies. then even threw in a grenade which i threw back and took out a few. the ref blew a whistle about 4-5 minutes in the firefight.

"hey ref time up?" i asked.

"nah man all the redz are dead" the ref said

as me and hotchkiss looked at eachother in amazement, i saw pj walking off the field

"hey man wheres dave" i asked

"he got hit moving bunkers, mustve taken out 7 before he got hit tho" he said

so anyways, basically 4-40 odds against us. all bravo companies captains against various skill leveled players.
thats our best story...enjoy. it just shows how great leadership and tactics always wins the day

Wow! :) That's crazy!
Although, I must say, a defendable position like you had did help a bit, I'm sure..... :)

Anyway, in my opinion, For a last stand you can't beat a good defendable spot- make them work to get at you!
Posted Image
People who say anything is possible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of explosives and duct tape.
How's that for a contradiction?

#108 User is offline   ^!) 

• ...for tomorrow we die.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:59 AM

it depends on how bad you want it.

.... usually i just try to keep from getting bunkered.

Sometimes i go for the win, with my amazing run-through skills..... :)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

#109 User is offline   Jaghead 

• Camo Mafia Team Captain
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jaghead

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:13 AM

Well, some animals crap themselves when backed into a corner. hahahaha i dont know how this is relevent but it just might work for the ones who has the balls to do it lol.

#110 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:26 AM

When I'm about to lose I quit then throw my gun on the ground and jump up and down on it while screaming like a wild cantaloupe...

:(
Posted Image

#111 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:47 AM

i dunno, i haven't lost in awhile, i kno for a fact back then, i always met my opponents none the less
i always keep my eyes on the leading figure of the group and manage to take em out before the whole unit converged on me, even then, they admitted i wasa a tough nut to crush, it took the co-operation of 8 veteran paintballers to put me down, and atleast double digit of walk on players, never underestimate a huge group of walk ons
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#112 User is offline   DeadEye93 

• Total Resistance Paintball
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DEADEYE93

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:21 PM

View PostSouleater, on Sep 10 2007, 08:55 AM, said:

View PostDeadEye93, on Aug 24 2007, 09:41 PM, said:

hah lose? Bravo Company? what r u thinking. but really. here comes my favorite story. its a long one so grab a soda and some chips. seeing as we never lose :huh: this is a story of severe outnumbering, tactical defense, a last stand, a sparton textbook story, and a victory. here goes

so it was a rec game at out local field. about 7 guys from bravo company were there. me, co captain hotchkiss, and some walkon were behind a bunker flanking. i saw a ref and asked for a team count. on our blue team, he said the other refs and he havnt seen any other of us. and he said there was 40 ish reds.

"well CRAP" said i

so i lead us to a pillbox where we wiped off the inside of our goggles, distributed ammo, and checked our gas.

we all took a side window and left the doorway open, it was walled up so we were fine. hotchkiss called "runner" we all moved to his wall. i looked through my scope and saw it was a blue, then looked closer and saw it was co captain phillip james monica. he came in the door

"dude like 40 of them are all across the field amassing. i barely got away, i think [co captain] dave got hit"

we saw a guy run up and slam against a tree infront of the north window.

"color check, you blue soldier?" i yelled

"yeah..." he said and he ran at us shooting.

"TAKE EM OUT!!" i yelled

all 4 of us converged on the north window and hosed him.

i looked over at the walkon and he was hit in the face.

"well boys were down to three" i said

we had him give us his paint, he was happy to help, and then he left.

the rest is where a paintball playing angel was watching down on us.

*bzzt* this is dave, is anyone from bravo company there *bzzt*

*bzzt* dave, this is dewar, come to the pillbox *bzzt*

we saw him sprinting towards us and then we heard paintballs impacting on the walls of the pillbox.

"HOTCHKISS, PJ GET DOWN!" i yelled

as dave came through the door paint was flying through the windows and hitting walls from the east
i dove through the door on my side so i was facing the flank squad with my upper torso exposed and got all 3 of them with 9 shots total.

we heard the sound of elephant stomping and then we saw about 35 guys all running at our pillbox. we all converged on the west window and began shooting. pj and dave left the pillbox and flanked. it was an intense firefight with their men dropping like flies. then even threw in a grenade which i threw back and took out a few. the ref blew a whistle about 4-5 minutes in the firefight.

"hey ref time up?" i asked.

"nah man all the redz are dead" the ref said

as me and hotchkiss looked at eachother in amazement, i saw pj walking off the field

"hey man wheres dave" i asked

"he got hit moving bunkers, mustve taken out 7 before he got hit tho" he said

so anyways, basically 4-40 odds against us. all bravo companies captains against various skill leveled players.
thats our best story...enjoy. it just shows how great leadership and tactics always wins the day

Wow! :o That's crazy!
Although, I must say, a defendable position like you had did help a bit, I'm sure..... :ninja:

Anyway, in my opinion, For a last stand you can't beat a good defendable spot- make them work to get at you!

i totally agree with u

but i just thot of a less glorious story.

so it was a rec game.

there was about 3 guys from bravo company there.

so we were fighting across the width of a field.

most of the other team was speedballers.

i ran behind a bunker. i was pretty much pinned as the other team kept on moving closer and closer. i got a few snap shot kills. but eventually, they got right on top of me so i couldnt do anything but sit there and hope they didnt see me. i looked around and i was the last one alive. i jumped up and emptied my hopper on any guy i saw. but they got closer and balls were flying all over the place past me. so i pulled out my pistol, and shot myself in the face.

theres another story ill tell later.
Total Resistance Scenario Paintball. Sponsored by Mission Masters.
http://www.trpb.net http://www.missionmasters.com
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, or that you didnt get the girl... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it.

46% of teens engage in pre-marital sex. 89% drink before the age of 21. Put this in ur sig if you think that pandas are the chillest animal alive.

#113 User is offline   Big Wojo 

• We're Just Not Born With Enough Middle Fingers
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BigWojo

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

I keep moving and trying to set up targets, kind of like in chess when all you have is a king and pawn left.. lol
-=Commander of the 501st Special Forces Unit=-

http://www.badgerbrigades.com/

#114 User is offline   P V 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:15 PM

well there's only 2 possibilities for me:

1. i'm the only one left and my position is not known.

2. i'm the only one left and i'm tucked in the fetal position and being bombarded by 1 or more electro markers.

.. solution:
1. well they don't know where i am, so let's keep it that way, divide and conquer, patients is the key here, scout the enemy and try if you can to make and keep a mental map and location of the remaining enemy (speed is the key here, if you take more than 10 mins doing this, you'll loose track and you're toast). when you're confident you can fire, make a kill and get away, do so.. if not don't shoot. hold and be steady, always shoot from behind or the side(flank) .. and always the guy(s) trailing behind the point first, if you shoot the point man everyone will know where you are.

.. like everyone else has said.. guerrilla tactics are the key here, find your targets and then find a proper shooting lane ahead of them, also an exit for yourself if you cannot take them all with one short contact. i say short because an extended fire fight will get you killed. if you're playing during the day, a tinted mirror is crucial for keeping out of site, and the element of surprise.

2. curled up in the fetal position, with paint shells showering you from overhead.. well there's only one thing to do here, bust out the mirror, parascope or boroscope and find where the hell the shots are coming from then blindly return fire and run the other direction. (remember to first shove the horse shoe up your butt) .. then proceed with solution #1 or, say BOINK it, switch over to tac8's and do some mirror aiming, tac8's with a green laser (solid beam) work really good there!

... it all depends on the situation... sometimes it's just a lost cause, and is better and more fun to just say BOINK it. i surrender, lets start another game... especially if your team is waiting for your speedy death so they can get back in.

i have left these forums do to unequal moderation, please feel free to email/MSN me for all communication

#115 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:43 PM

I either commit suiside with a shot to the head, exhaust my ammo into the air, or do something about it
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#116 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:B-Boo

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

I usually say to myself, "well here goes nothing" and either stay put and wait for a kill or go on a kamakazee run to, "SPARTANS PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!!" except wiithout the whole 300 reference :dodgy:
"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, others achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."- William Shakespeare

PTI Certified Basic Airsmith #2773 : UE Paintball Club Member

#117 User is offline   Young (ODA-271) 

• 18 Zulu - Operations Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ODA-271

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

View PostLemon, on Apr 13 2007, 04:46 PM, said:

What do you do when you are about to lose the game? Like, If you're vastly outnumbered and know you're about to lose the game, what do you do to make it an awesome ending?

What I do with my team, I charge screaming out random sayings like "AAAAAAAAGH MOTHERLAAAAAND!!!!!" or "E=MC SQUARED!!!!!!!"

I try and out maneuver them. Take a few shots at someone then fall back and to a flank. Let them come closer and then do it again. If you're smart at it, you can take out 5 or 6 guys before you get it. You might even get in behind them and win.

I don't understand the suicide mentality. No point rushing and getting shot when you can stay tactical and smart.
Operational Detachment Alpha - 271
Colorado Scenario Paintball Team

#118 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:08 AM

In the last minute of the game:
Top off my 450 round hopper, get a live grenade in the other hand, final run, spray, and throw. If your going to go, go out in a blaze of glory (or welts).

About to lose in objectives:
Top off my 450 round hopper, lay massive cover fire, send as many troops forward as possible. Run, gun, and try to take back.

#119 User is offline   Mildred 

• Mildred
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Fightin Lep

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:21 AM

find cover, set up an ambush, anything but dont go out charching saying "E=MC2" or any other crap and end up with 20 welts plan it out and only get like 10 because your team took out the other ten guys. :P
If you pay for your own paintball equipment put this in your sig.
If your a Christian paintballer put this in your sig.

"Paine Is Weakness Leaving The Body""

#120 User is offline   War Master 

• I am the Rooster.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:War Master

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:25 PM

Definitely don't lose your head. I recently played a match in the woods where it was about 6 on 8 to start with. We only eliminated one or two of the eight, and I ended up being the last one in. So I started running a circuit on the field, while they were slowly walking up to where they thought I was. As I was coming back around behind them, just about to get in the perfect position, 3 things were going through my head:
1. Dang, the fog in my mask sucks.
2. I'm the last one left...
3. I can't believe I'm about to pull this off...
But I was thinking too much, and not paying enough attention. I also underestimated them, because they were walk-ons, so I wasn't looking for the guy they left behind. He shot 4 or 5 times, and by the time I realized what happened, I was already out.

So, definitely stay calm if you're the last one in, and focus.
D-Day 2008 German Army 352nd Panzerjager Battalion
Member of the Underground Mod Shop Special Operation Guerrillas

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users