Special Ops Paintball: Need help with height - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1

Need help with height Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SgtMedlin 

• Cigar Choppin'
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

I use an Army Alpha Black but have no need for a 200rnd hopper that sticks up 8 inches from my gun. I was looking at getting the cyclone feed with a tac-cap since it won't stick up that high. A winchester was another option but it seems like it's still kinda tall.

So here is my question, how much higher would a winchester hopper stick up even with the feedneck cut down? Would it stick up way more than a cyclone with a tac-cap that limits it to 25-30 rounds?
Integrity First,
Service Before Self,
Excellence In All We Do...

#2 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

View PostSgtMedlin, on Apr 9 2010, 02:41 PM, said:

I use an Army Alpha Black but have no need for a 200rnd hopper that sticks up 8 inches from my gun. I was looking at getting the cyclone feed with a tac-cap since it won't stick up that high. A winchester was another option but it seems like it's still kinda tall.

So here is my question, how much higher would a winchester hopper stick up even with the feedneck cut down? Would it stick up way more than a cyclone with a tac-cap that limits it to 25-30 rounds?

Go for a cyclone with a Low Profile hopper.

#3 User is offline   SgtMedlin 

• Cigar Choppin'
  • Pip

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

Why a low profile? I usually only shoot 50-60 rounds a game. I hate the extra weight of 140 paintballs and a larger hopper. Mayb I should just switch to a pistol.
Integrity First,
Service Before Self,

#4 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

if you use that few paintballs, go with a tac cap. I think they believe, as I do, that the A-5 hopper is hugh and the x-7 hopper yeilds a lower profile.

If you find you are using more paintballs you can search on youtube for a "B.O.R.G B.U.L.P." It's a slick design.

Edit: Punctuation.

This post has been edited by Gilla: 11 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

Who flung poo?

#5 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

View PostGilla, on Apr 11 2010, 05:45 PM, said:

If you find you are using more paintballs you can search on youtube for a "B.O.R.G B.U.L.P." It's a slick design.

Forgot about that.

#6 User is offline   SgtMedlin 

• Cigar Choppin'
  • Pip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

The only reason I don't want the tac-cap is because I need to buy a cyclone. And with paintball already being the most expensive sport, plus college plus being married and living on my own without being able to work because I attend school for 12 hours a day and military training for 3 hours....*takes a deep breath*....I just don't think I can afford a cyclone right now.
Integrity First,
Service Before Self,

#7 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

I play mostly scenario so I need the capacity of a regular hopper. But, I've used the tac-cap on my A-5 a couple times during open play & love it.

If I were you I'd get the low profile hopper & try it. Search the BST's to pick one up for cheap. It will stick up higher than a cyclone w/ tac-cap, but much lower than your standard 200 rounder. If you find you don't like it, sell it & get a used cyclone. I've seen them on here for around $30 shipped, then add a tac-cap & you're in business.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#8 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

The Winchester will sit about 5 inches tall. Here's a pic of me using a Winchester on my Pro/Carbine.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jackson: 15 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

#9 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:37 PM

You may be able to find the old 50 rnd hopper, doesn't save you on height, but the profile is much slimmer.

I like my BULP Orpackrat...
Who flung poo?

#10 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:32 PM

You could always step up and try a Stock Class feed tube like this
http://www.paintball...ppugun13ro.html

or PPS sells one for $50 and $60 that is made to mount to old school markers as well

Just jam it in your feedneck and you have a 13 round SC tube. You will have to rock forward/backward depending on which way you have it feed to load a ball each time. But they are as low profile as you can get. You only have to lean the marker at like a 15* angle, nothing major, just enough to roll the ball in place. So you can't really hammer out a 4 ball string, just one at a time...but who needs to shoot fast?

I have been playing with SC feeds exclusively for years...i cannot even fathom having a hopper on a marker

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#11 User is offline   SgtMedlin 

• Cigar Choppin'
  • Pip

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

View PostLegato, on Apr 15 2010, 11:32 PM, said:

You could always step up and try a Stock Class feed tube like this
http://www.paintball...ppugun13ro.html

or PPS sells one for $50 and $60 that is made to mount to old school markers as well

I actually like that. But I just had an idea to hollow out my magazine (I use an Aplha Black), design it like the rap4 t68 mags and connect a feed hose like the q-loader has from the front of the magazine well up into my feed.
Integrity First,
Service Before Self,

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users