Special Ops Paintball: Upgrade Compatibility List for the 98 Series - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrade Compatibility List for the 98 Series The big list of what works with what! Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

Awesome post!

I recently bought a Model 98 and was very disappointed that I couldn't add the response trigger. I've been told I could do some dremmeling of the grip to get it to work, but I'd rather just fix up the Model 98, sell it, and get a 98C or Custom Pro where the upgrade will fit easily.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#17 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:10 PM

man my bro is sending me his tippmann 98 with $400 in attachmens/upgrades havent seen the marker in 4 years...will 98 custom upgrades work on my old 98?
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

#18 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:24 PM

External accessories such as stocks will all work. Internal upgrades will not, at least without having Tippmann mill the receiver. It can never use the E-Trigger, though.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#19 User is offline   Charlatan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CHARLATAN

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

How come Tippmann doesn't give that info on the eGrip at their site? :comp:

And also, if I wanted to order an eGrip, would ordering a Custom Pro eGrip be what I wanted?

~Charlatan
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

#20 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:42 PM

Yes. See, about 18 months ago, Tippmann changed the sear design on the 98, from one that uses a pull spring to a push spring (identical to an A-5's sear). The newer design, along with the new receiver milling that goes with it, allows for installation of an E-Trigger. There are 3 major variations on the 98 Custom: original, original with recast barrel threads, new sear and receiver milling, and ACT. Those last 3 modifications were released within the span of about 4 months. So it is VERY difficult to figure out which you have. The one solid rule is, if it has ACT it will take an E-Trigger.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 15 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#21 User is offline   turbolen 

• turbolen
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:turbolen

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

will a flatline work at all with the 98 cyclone without making my gun a blender, or am i just using crappy paint and/or shooting to fast

This post has been edited by turbolen: 19 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

#22 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:12 PM

The Flatline is a barrel system. It has nothing to do with the Cyclone. It will work. With a Flatline, you want thick-shelled paint like Marballizers.

#23 User is offline   izik 

• Pip
  • Brigade Name:lildrummerbo1

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:11 AM

you can not add stocks to a model 98, you have to dremmel near the back cap to make them fit.
otherwise, they'd just spin.
l'chaim: noun Hebrew. (luh-khah-yim)
a toast used in drinking to a person's health or well-being.

#24 User is offline   turbolen 

• turbolen
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:turbolen

Post icon  Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

Actually, izik, you can put a stock on a M98. you just need to be creative like me ;) . and possibly have the same style X-chamber

Posted Image

Now, isn't that the most rediculous lookingly awesome 98 custom ever? I made this stock out of a fairly sturdy metal ruler I found in the shop, and a piece of scrap wood (yes, I'm cheap :laugh: ) But it works awesome, and gives me plenty of room for my mask when using my red dot sight.(currently not on this gun) plus its a conversation starter.
Anyways, besides my homemade stock I've got one or two friends who have 98s with store bought stocks on them who would also dissagree with you(they have 98 customs, but im fairly sure their stocks will work on model 98s as well)

also:
Thanks WardenWolf, I know marbaliser works good with flatlines. Problem is I've got 3 cases of XO special to burn through before I can stock up on better paints. I guess I'll just keep using my X-7 (with egrip and 400rnd hopper :D ) for the next couple games...

#25 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

View Postizik, on Feb 23 2008, 10:11 AM, said:

you can not add stocks to a model 98, you have to dremmel near the back cap to make them fit.
otherwise, they'd just spin.

Actually you can. SpecOps stocks use one of the mainbody screws to lock their stocks in place, and JCS stocks use a screw down piece that locks them in. It's the same as on a 98 Custom. Now, that said, 98 Custom ACT's can't use older stocks unless you notch them with a Dremel, but all new stocks work in old guns, even the Model 98.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 21 March 2008 - 12:14 AM

#26 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

Somebody crashed the first page of your thread.

Anyway, are you telling me that all I have to do to switch to HPA is buy HPA tanks, fill them, and screw those bad boys in?
Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#27 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:59 AM

View Postmurdercrow, on Mar 20 2008, 04:46 AM, said:

Somebody crashed the first page of your thread.

Anyway, are you telling me that all I have to do to switch to HPA is buy HPA tanks, fill them, and screw those bad boys in?

as long as they are HIGH pressure output, then yes. Just buy, fill, and screw them in. If they are LOW pressure output, they will not work on a tippmann.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#28 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

Awesome, because I've been considering changing to HPA. But since it seems to be interchangeable, I'll keep both to widen my options. Does an expansion chamber work with HPA?

This post has been edited by murdercrow: 20 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#29 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:02 AM

Take off the X chamber when using HPA, it will only throttle the air flow and restrict it. X chambers are for co2, they don't help any with hpa, and are often thought to be negatively affecting when used with Hpa.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#30 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

can old 98 tippmanns get anti chop?
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users