Special Ops Paintball: Dagger shoes#2 - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dagger shoes#2 Just going to start a new thread that florentine started Rate Topic: -----

Poll: What do you run with? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

What shoes do you run with?

1. Combat boots (6 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Cleats (7 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

3. Hiking boots (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. others(including water shoes)..(yes i've seen it before) (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   CrazyGatorFan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ryan Patrick

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

Ok just wondering what you guys run with..I actually run with a pair of nikes. But i have slipped and got lit up.. so i am going to try to eliminate this slip up.. lol..I might consider some Combat boot..but idk

#2 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

I run with combat boots, actually there good boots that can be taken into combat :)

I prefer high top boots, 6" high, leather( brown or black) and solid souls, not the cool looking glued on ones, they tear off after about 6 months of use. Problem is, is that to get a good pair of boots, that will last a good while, your spending $150 +

#3 User is offline   CrazyGatorFan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

Do they have a heavy feel to them? Cuz ive actually never put any on..150$ for boots...jezz..i guess if u want them to last.. pay more

#4 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:23 AM

I just purchased my second pair of Inov8 adventure running shoes.

I went with the Bare Grip 200 this time around. My last choice was the XTalon 212. They lasted me two full seasos of abuse and I can still wear them but the cleats are a bit on the worn side and traction was starting to become a problem.

The number on the show name is the weight of the shoes in grams...yes the shoes are made for a British company so they use the metric system like most of the world. Grams to ounces....200 = 7.05. The pair of these shoes together weigh less than my Iphone!

They are a low top shoe with an amazing flexability allowing you to actually feel the ground under your feet. This ability to adjust your step to the ground promotes ankle strength and actually reduces the risk of damaging your ankle.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Bare Grip 200 info from Inov8

Yes they are bright green. But I will say that the flexability in the toe box and the slightly stiffer tread in the heal box work well to create the best traction I have ever had in paintball.

My Xtalons were good....these are better.

Cost from Zappos was $110 shipped to my door with free return shipping if they did not fit right....they did. But being an experienced Inov8 user I knew that the shoes run typically small and I ordered a half size larger than I actually wear....perfect fit.

Yes they are expensive, but with the amount of paintball I play and the abuse I put on my shoes...Inov8 has passed my stress test and I am willing to spend the money on a product that works.

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

I would choose a cleat over a boot for several reasons:

reason 1: Cleats are lighter then boots. Yes well made (but also expensive on the downside) combat boots CAN be light, they are still. at least two to three times the weight of a cleat,

Reason 2: Cleats offer your choice in low, (better flexibility) mid (more ankle protection) or High (more ankle support), boots offer one choice. Stripper height.

Reason 3: With soccer cleats you can have a light, low and a cleating which is made with a fore foot pivot point in mind, which works fantastically for paintball as we are pretty much always changing sides of a bunker or trying to shove ourselves somewhere when flexible is needed.

Reason 4: Dont like grass fairies? Go with the Field Trolls Football shoes, made to have traction moving in both the forward and backwards direction, the toe cleats are allowed which means pushing off with your toe is completed with ease and to top it off, they are designed to have traction during landing or side stepping actions, Ala when you jump over that log john woo style.

#6 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

I'm with Krazy. He turned me on to Inov8s about a year ago and I'll never go back to hiking or combat boots.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#7 User is offline   CrazyGatorFan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

Would Inov8 shoe do good in woods..i mean like dense environment..I'm talking full deadsprints in the jungle jumping over creeks..fallin trees.. running through mud..i mean use your imagination.lol

#8 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

View PostCrazyGatorFan, on 27 July 2011 - 03:19 PM, said:

Would Inov8 shoe do good in woods..i mean like dense environment..I'm talking full deadsprints in the jungle jumping over creeks..fallin trees.. running through mud..i mean use your imagination.lol

That's all I use them for.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#9 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

I've a boot fan. I LOVE Magnum boots (http://www.magnumboots.com/us/). They offer high top and low top options (no "stripper length" sorry), and their boots weigh about at much as sneakers (maybe not as light a cleats, but definitely NOT a heavy boot). I wore a pair for years and through two Oklahoma D-Days, needless to say these boots are light and DURABLE!!! I play more of a Sabre position, but most games I'm starting off at a dead sprint regardless. These boots don't weight me down at all. My only worry about cleats is stepping on log/rock/*insert hard surface here* and slipping or twisting ankle. I had a bad experience with a soccer cleat that put me in physical therapy soooooo, yeah I'm a boots man.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#10 User is offline   CrazyGatorFan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

@Eagle Eye..Yea i am actually coming off from a broken Distal fibula-Near my anke..Ive been in a cast for 6 weeks..just got out of it 2 weeks ago so i need to protect my ankle..im pretty sure Boots would offer a lot more protection than cleats(Playing paintball) but i guess its different peoples preferences.

#11 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

On a side note: has anyone tried using those toe-shoes for paintball? You know, the shoes with the 5 toe compartments?
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#12 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

It kind of depends on the day for me, one field I play at his mostly just wooded areas with a dirt that works fine with the cleats...so I use those primarily, however if I go to another field that I play on sometimes, there is a lot of shale, which the cleats often slip on, so then I wear hiking boots.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#13 User is offline   CrazyGatorFan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

@ Eagle eye.........................Negative..But heres another side note: Has anyone used crocs before?

#14 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

nope, and dont want too. Crocs don't keep all the sticks/rocks/bugs/ect out, and when they get wet/sweaty they lose traction. But I'm sure they are comfy, lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   CrazyGatorFan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

lol..yea

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic