Special Ops Paintball: Mechanical Comparison- Milsig K-series elite v. MR1 - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mechanical Comparison- Milsig K-series elite v. MR1 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lordoftheflies 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

So, I just bought a Milsig elite, and let me tell you, I'm impressed. The quality of the marker is incredible. But I was curious to see whether my old marker, a Spyder MR1 I bought used for $20 a year ago, could hold its own against the $500 milsig. Before you call me dumb or insane, read on, you'll be surprised.

The MR1 is the type of marker that I have literally dropped in a river, ran downstream to catch it, picked it up, and started firing. It very infrequently breaks paint or jams, and all around, it's a useful marker. Since I bought it, I put a Holo sight on, a 16" barrel, and a barrel shroud.

The milsig is almost bone stock, I've had little time to mess with it. I just put on a red dot, a bipod, and a laser sight.

The first test in my comparison was essentially me standing in my basement and pounding out several hundred rounds. I put both markers through as many balls as they could take before they malfunctioned. To my surprise, the MR1 won by shooting 126 rounds before I had a ball break in the barrel. The Elite wasn't far behind, with a score of 114.

Accuracy counts in mechanical markers, so that was stage 2 of the comparison. The milsig consistently achieved 2-inch groupings at 25 yards, pretty impressive for a paintball gun. The MR1, of course, was probably in the six inch range.

In terms of functionality, I must vote for the Milsig. It has a large number of rails, that are usable for anything from grenade launchers to flashlights a nd sights. The MR1 comes with one tiny rail, scarcely big enough to fit a sight on.

In the first initial sticker shock, the Milsig looks like a rip off. But really, It's the better deal. It comes set up like a woodsballer's dream, while the MR1 takes quite a bit of tinkering to be acceptable.
So gentlemen, steal your girlfirend/mother/wife/sister/aunt/legal female guardian's purse, and head for your nearest paintball retailer to get yourself the Milsig K-Series Elite.
Cops just don't understand the concept of mil-SIM guns.
"Sir, I need you to step out of the vehicle and put your hands on the roof..."

#2 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:27 AM

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here a marker chopping paint is a feeding problem not an indication of marker quality. The fact that you happened to shoot a little more accurately with one marker over another is more an indication of your shooting skill than anything else. Aren't milsig markers the magazine fed ones? That nifty feature seems worthy enough to be mentioned in a comparison.

#3 User is offline   lordoftheflies 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

View PostAaronC, on Apr 6 2009, 11:27 AM, said:

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here a marker chopping paint is a feeding problem not an indication of marker quality. The fact that you happened to shoot a little more accurately with one marker over another is more an indication of your shooting skill than anything else. Aren't milsig markers the magazine fed ones? That nifty feature seems worthy enough to be mentioned in a comparison.

you make a point. but I find that some markers are more prone to chopping than others. That's probably due to the design of the marker's action, and the path the ball travels before firing. The fact that the Milsig misfed earlier probably has something to do with the magazine feeding system, which is, by the way, VERY cool. I feel like I'm playing airsoft every time I reload. :happy:

I think there's a legit reason why the Milsig had tighter groupings- It uses gas more efficiently, which means that even at it's lowest setting, It easily shoots faster than the MR1. Really, my shooting skill has nothing to do with it. I'm trained as a CRO, and thus I can pretty much shoot with anything.

The Milsig is a wicked gun. Without a hopper or tank to break up the marker's lines, it is the sexiest marker I have ever seen. However, It's in a completely different class from the MR1. The MR1 retails for under a hundred, while the elite pushes the $600 mark. But both are beast markers.
Cops just don't understand the concept of mil-SIM guns.
"Sir, I need you to step out of the vehicle and put your hands on the roof..."

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:20 PM

I personally prefer ATS' lineup of magazine fed markers. They work off a pneumatic system rather than blowback, the magazines have a few more options, and are a bit more efficient. They also have a mechanical full auto mode. However, they are typically a couple hundred more in price.

Most markers so long as they are having paint fed correctly should not break paint - hence the difference between a break and a chop. I would say most breaks are more of a reflection on the quality/age of paint and the barrel. The marker in general does not break paint.

Perhaps the tolerances are bit better on Milsigs than MR-1s and you were getting better consistency. Most paintball markers so long as they are consistent, using fresh paint, and a well crafted barrel all shoot about similar accuracy. Accuracy is really in the shooter. PGPs from the 80s with their 6 inch barrels shoot just as well as the fanciest marker made today.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:20 PM

the Milsig is more effecient? What type of operation system does it use? STBB like the MR1? Is there a regulator on it that makes it run better?
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users