• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Get a pro/carbine? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

After realizing I should probably have a semi to balance out my pump, I've decided I'll probably get a pro/carbine. Would this be a good investment, or should I find a different gun?

#2 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

They are defiantly a very robust gun, you should have no trouble with it.

Any particular reason you went with this? Although the pro carbs are built like a tank, you might be happier with something else. What are you looking for in a semi?

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

A Pro/Carbine was my first marker, and I never outgrew it. They're extremely rugged and actually live up to the Tippmann name. They're built to run on liquid CO2 which can be very fun. They make current production Tippmanns seem very cheap.

Along with Montneels, they're as close to a high-end blowback as you can get. They're relatively consistent, and have a distinct sound when you fire one. Extremely dependable. They're also pretty simple to clean and disassemble. They aren't the fastest shooters out there, and the trigger is pretty stiff, but they can lay down a fair amount of paint when you need them too and once you get used to the trigger. They're great if you like a more rifle-like feel as they are pretty long.

This post has been edited by Piller: 25 April 2009 - 04:55 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

View Postpbrules15, on Apr 25 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

Any particular reason you went with this? Although the pro carbs are built like a tank, you might be happier with something else. What are you looking for in a semi?

I've heard the pro/carbines are one of Tippmann's best markers, and I like how it looks and feels like a rifle. I'm just looking for a semi that is simple and won't let me down should I decide to pull it out to lay down some paint, without the ability to use so much paint that I'm wasting money.

I'll probably be getting a pro/carbine now. Just need to save up some dough!

This post has been edited by Tribs: 25 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

#5 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

These guns are awsome! If your going to get a semi and you want your moneys worth, go with the Pro Carbine! :)

~~The Horde~~ :P
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#6 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

View PostTribs, on Apr 25 2009, 06:58 PM, said:

View Postpbrules15, on Apr 25 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

I've heard the pro/carbines are one of Tippmann's best markers, and I like how it looks and feels like a rifle. I'm just looking for a semi that is simple and won't let me down should I decide to pull it out to lay down some paint, without the ability to use so much paint that I'm wasting money.

I'll probably be getting a pro/carbine now. Just need to save up some dough!

Sounds like a good choice!
Pics when you get it! :ghillie:

#7 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

I have 2 98C's an A5 and a Prolite (predecssor to the Pro Carbine) and I have used the Pro Carbine. I am planning on acquiring one myself. Great marker
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#8 User is offline   Dugg 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cdugg

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:06 AM

I had 2 68 carbines given to me in a box. My buddy said if you can make one work out of the 2 then you can have them both. He could not get either of them to stop leakin air out the barrel. S i pulled onr apart and foun a big chunck of rubber under the cup seal inside the valve and it works awsome now. My question is that the one i fixed has the fixed style valve and the other has that weird floating type. They are both 68 carb and the serials are anly off by about 1800 #s. did they use both or is one of them been updated? And does anyone know were i could get a nice stock for one of them? Thanks in advance.

DUGG

#9 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

Tippmann changed to the fixed "CVX" style valve in the middle of the 68 Carbine's production. I believe for awhile they were offering a free upgrade if you sent your marker in. It was a significant enough improvement to the valve system they felt everyone should have it.

I believe both 68 carbines use the same endcap as the Pro/Carbine. Doro paintball has a folding stock: http://www.doropaintball.com/ab1038101equi...exd.asp?id=8629
The Pro/Carbine Owners Group has a few mil-sim stocks available as well: http://procarbine.ho...om/Forsale.html
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#10 User is offline   Beowulf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bubbahoetep

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:25 AM

Carbines are good reliable gun. Prolites are also just as reliable. I have a prolite and it's fun. If you want a Tippmann semi go with something before the 98 for in my opion are better quality and more reliable.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users