Special Ops Paintball: unreconized talents - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

unreconized talents what did you do to be aprecciated on your team Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:46 PM

i'm on a team that me and a friend started, but when i try supression, or set up a base of fire, they don,t move far enough, then try supressing for me to get up there, they don't relize that i'm aiming for targets but my goal isn't to eliminate them, i use about 200rounds for five minutes of supression, and even though they don't move up, they say that its my fualt for not getting up there with them(ten feet in front of me) and say that supression is a stupid thing

have any of you had this problem, and if so what did you do for them to reconize your talents

as a new team we aren't the best, we try to tell them when to move, but they either don't or wait to long and run us out of paint

the last game i played i was supressing a guy who was kind of like a sniper, the people i was sepreesing for wouldn't move even though there was no fire coming toward them and new verywell where the guy was, eventualy i ditched them, picked up a new angle, and shot him out at about fifty feet with my response trigger 98custom
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#2 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

ya, this is what happens when I play with my friends most of the time. I am always accused of "cheating" when all I do is use tactics like ambushing and flanking.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#3 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:24 PM

I was on a team of several adults..every one older than me, and on the Break i hit the snake, and took out two guys on the Flank...My team mates loved me for that!
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

I showed up! ....

Seriously if you teammates do not want to improve their game then it might be time for you to find some that will.

This post has been edited by Sped-SR: 18 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#5 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

my teammates love it when I do this stuff, Its just that we get together and play a game of like 7vs7 at one of my friends houses. My team almost always wins because I throw together some good tactics when all the other team does is charge and then not move, then retreat when we get close to them. When I ambush them and flank them and get most of the eliminations, they accuse me of cheating because they don't like it when they lose. It can get a little frustrating.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#6 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:16 AM

If they're semi-new players, I know exactly how you fee. I make a plan, I tell everyone SPECIFICALLY where they need to be after the whistle blows, and what happens?...well things don't exactly work out the way I would expect. In cases like that, you've got to lead by example for a while. You have to get out there and be the one doing all the things you need done. Hopefully when they see you doing it they know you know what you're talking about and they won't be as scared to do what you say. So, don't be afraid to get out there and do it for a couple/few games. Set your kill/death ration aside and lead your men into battle!

#7 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:00 PM

i tend to tell my friends where they would want to be in the field if they have no idea, but they never thank me for it, nor manage to get there, EVER
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#8 User is offline   tnert 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tnert

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

bunkered a couple expeirenced guys. Took out 2 of them and took about 20 balls point blank. My second time playing also.

if we cant do it. it doesent need to be done
official sabre #132
Team Evasive Action
my amazing sponser pbsports.com

#9 User is offline   soapkiller 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sooapkiller

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

This happens to me alot.

talk to them about it. Be reasonable and logical. When the game is over and they are saying "suppression sucks" and things like that, and if things start to escalate, just calmly ask why?

And when they list their reasons and opinions, just counter.

The whole thing about not moving up just takes time. It took me a long time to stop hiding when no one was shooting. Its our base instincts. Out subconsoius brain tells us to hide, no one wants to get hit. There were people shooting at us, hide, run! It takes a long time to smack your brain in to shape and move up. You just need to give your team time to metamorphasize, so to speak, and find this out on their own.

And when your team starts to realize that they CAN move up and they CAN shoot back, their eyes will open. Then these stratagies will seem less and less like day dreams and more like things that just happen. Then instead of thinking about them all the time and making plans, they will just click. You will stop thinking about when/where/how/why/who to supress and you will just do it. Your subconcoius will switch, and instead of hiding they and you will just run and shoot, and win.

You can't force it. You cant constantly think about where to go and what to do. This is somply because it won't work. What you plan in advance never happens in reality. Unless your co-ordinate with the enemy you will never be in the same circumstance that you prodicted.

So just STOP thinking, and play. It will click and your teammates (and what sounds like other walk-ons) will click. Your best bet is to get your whole team to click. Then find the people who play with you who have clicked, then get together, leave the newbs to click, and go win!
Official Sabre #119 OFFICIAL VIKING #1!!! What now foo's?

OH SNAP BATMAN!

#10 User is offline   TPW-REP 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:TPW-REP

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:38 AM

Sadly enough, almost everyone that plays against me is so inexperienced that they get scared just by looking at my gun. My team normally wins just because the opposition runs when they see me. Then, when we go back to our rally points after the game, my team claims that they were awesome and invincible. All they did was walk around the field ignoring my strategies. I guess that should help them with their self-confidence, though, by giving them a win. (Can't say so much for the other team.) The looks on their faces are great after the next game when you switch teams on them and walk all over them too.

#11 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

View PostTPW-REP, on Mar 20 2008, 06:38 AM, said:

Sadly enough, almost everyone that plays against me is so inexperienced that they get scared just by looking at my gun. My team normally wins just because the opposition runs when they see me. Then, when we go back to our rally points after the game, my team claims that they were awesome and invincible. All they did was walk around the field ignoring my strategies. I guess that should help them with their self-confidence, though, by giving them a win. (Can't say so much for the other team.) The looks on their faces are great after the next game when you switch teams on them and walk all over them too.

i was wondering about changing teams on them, i think half the problem is that we are behind them a lot, so they don't no who's firing

one person on my team said that its not the gun that makes a good player, its their own skill

while this is true to an extent, i would like to see him supress with a gun shouting a couple balls a second

the guns are just as important as skill, having a good gun for the job improves you overall performance, the problem that i'm having is that he want's me to risk my live and my heavy rifleman's life, which is ok for our short games, but this forms bad habbits on the field durning long games

do you guys think runnig manditory drills with our team will help them see are importance
we would rather not det rid of anyone yet, because we only have six people, although 3 people working together well is better than six guys where 2 do the work and the other four take the credit

at this game the took the credit for three kills, it was a hide and seek game where the three hide, we found them and moved up, but the got bogged down in a fire fight were no one was shooting at us, so me and my heavy rifle man flanked them, might lighter guys got one guy out, but it was all luck, me and my friend got the others, and they said we waisted our time
one of thoose guys was a sniper moving into position that they had their backs turnded too becuase the were celebrating their kill and let their gaurds down, i took him out, and my friend was following him so if i got out he could get him

thats the kind of team work we are looking for but they can't apraciate us enough for it to happen

i played with the other team snd supressed one of there own guys, the whole group was ramdomly split up this time, and kept his head dowm for a minute or two just long enough for that team to move up to a better spot for them to get use out of there guns

there where a couple walkons in this game
offical saber #137

#12 User is offline   soapkiller 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sooapkiller

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

no, drills will just make it worse

your people have a sort of morale problem, if you keep pushing them to use stragies they'll think your a REALLY HAPPY PERSON, just play paintball on whatever common grounds that is. If you dont mind playing a bit un-organized, so be it, at the very least enjoy paintball.

Its alot easier to change 1 person than 6. Don't kick people off, it'll just make it worse. Unless playing paintball without stratagies and plans and all that will kill you or severly maim your health, don't. Your team obviously doesn't, and if you can't enjoy playing the game, complex plans or not, then you really need a different game.
Official Sabre #119 OFFICIAL VIKING #1!!! What now foo's?

OH SNAP BATMAN!

#13 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:05 AM

i enjoy playing
i just enjoy watching my team win more
offical saber #137

#14 User is offline   WoodsSniper 

• R.I.P. Dime
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

This may sound like an ego thing or being cocky but for a few games OWN THEM. Seriously, when you show that you can woop anyone on your team over and over and get done what needs to be done, they will listen. Thats what I do, you do your best to show that you are the best. When I give a plan or tips or whatever they seem to take me serious knowing that thats what I would do in their situation. Being the best shows that you seem to have a knack for the sport.

P.S. - I'm not saying I am amazingly good, just that I can own my own team. :P
All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel. - Jimi Hendrix
Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=164293

My teams home field, take a look, especially if your from Mississippi
http://thomaspaintball.weebly.com/index.html

#15 User is offline   SecretSniper 

• THA BEAST
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THA BEAST

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:00 PM

The thing i did to gain respect from my teammates was this. In a tournament for the local paintball place we were a team of six (we are the veterans) against a team of twelve(walk-ons). So my team knew the field very well. It was a take the fort game. which means we have to take over their fort and ring the bell behind the fort signifying our win. well we let four of us take the quickest way to their base so we could hurry up and win. About 8 minutes into a 20minute game my buddy and I saw eight of their players heading straight towards our base. So me n my buddy took up some quick defensive positions and dug-in. He stayed behind the base making sure none of the OpFor could get close enough to ring the bell and my position was behind a small bunker directly in front of the base. well atleast 6 of the OpFor started laying fire at me and the bunker. I started snap-shooting the crap out of them. We fought for atleast 5 or 6 minutes defending our base. We ended up getting 5 of the OpFor out and surrendering 3 more. With four members of OpFor left we rushed their base and took the win! It was incredible.
THA BEAST- WHEN PEOPLE SAY "THAT GAME WAS LIKE HELL"; YOU KNOW I WAS THERE.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users