• You cannot reply to this topic

Patriot Games November 10th, Hidden Hollows Kingston MI, 10am Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Rohnen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Rohnen Veritas

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

It's our hope to get a bunch of folks out for one last blast at Hidden Hollows before the snow man cometh. It'll be a loose scenario based on The Patriot movie. Just asking, if you can, bring five bucks to go to the owner of the field to help cover a few costs.
There'll be air fills. BYOP though Bob usually keeps a little paint on hand to sell to the paint deprived. Gun rentals are limited.
We'll have a few missions ball and musket style (no hoppers) Just a few though, can't deprive the paint slingers of their glory.
Also planning several Rescue missions.
I would like to have four forces: British Army, Continental Army as the main bodies with the Dragoons and Militia supporting their respective armies but with separate distinct missions. There will be a vendetta between Dragoon Colonel Tavington and Milita Colonel Martin.
I will also be incorporating the Token System I've been itching to try.
I will explain in more detail in this thread through the week. I know it's late in the season, and late to be advertising but we hope ya'll can make it out and have a blast with us!

#2 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

D'oh. If I did not have to ref a group of 20 next weekend I would try to get up there. Quite alright though. Perhaps I can catch another one in the spring.

#3 User is offline   andrew sarles 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:spyderstomper

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

I'm thinking yes!!yes!!yes!!have some paint to use up It will be a good way to start my vacation deer hunting next week!
LAST RITES BRIGADE! R.I.P.
ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE SUPERIOR THREAT FIRST!
ALWAYS PLAY FAIR!
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE OPPOSITION!
REMEMBER IT'S A GAME!

#4 User is offline   Rohnen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:33 AM

We are doing a set up game today, after church, about 2 o'clock. Test out some of the ideas etc. If you want to come out, Andy. or anyone else for that matter.

#5 User is offline   BIGHEAD77 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BIGHEAD77

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:51 PM

My step-son and I will be there, hopefully I can get a few other guys that want to get in one last game for the year.

Official Sabre #34

#6 User is offline   In My Sights 

• By the Power of Greyskull...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:In My Sights

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:42 AM

I was just wondering if you were going to put this on the game locator? I know a few players that don't use the forum at all but live on the game locator.

View PostRohnen, on Nov 3 2007, 05:16 PM, said:

We'll have a few missions ball and musket style (no hoppers) Just a few though, can't deprive the paint slingers of their glory.

For the "ball and musket style" would a stock class pump marker qualify (horizontal 10 round "rock and cock" feed tube)?

Jason and myself are planning on being there.

#7 User is offline   andrew sarles 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

View PostIn My Sights, on Nov 5 2007, 11:42 AM, said:

I was just wondering if you were going to put this on the game locator? I know a few players that don't use the forum at all but live on the game locator.

View PostRohnen, on Nov 3 2007, 05:16 PM, said:

For the "ball and musket style" would a stock class pump marker qualify (horizontal 10 round "rock and cock" feed tube)?

Jason and myself are planning on being there.

cool!probably be the last one this year for most of us!
ALWAYS PLAY FAIR!
REMEMBER IT'S A GAME!

#8 User is offline   Jarhead2531 

• Teufel Hunden
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jarhead2531

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:24 PM

I would like to say I'll come, but I have to work 4am to Noon that day... We'll see though.
SPECTRE Paintball
Special Tactics and Reconnaissance
Columbiaville, MI
Proud to represent Tippmann Sports, Pinokio Hoppers, and Landing Zone Paintball

#9 User is offline   Rohnen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:11 AM

Hey gang. Have had to work late every night this week. Jason (ZmanPOW) who was intending to host this game with my assistance may be forced to work Saturday, which means I may be running the whole show myself. Shouldn't be to hard, it's not nearly an elaborate and grand game like Uriah's games usually are. I have a few minutes to try to explain a few things before heading off to work.

Ball and Musket missions: We'll start off with a few of these, so don't max out your hoppers when you arrive. Take 10 rounds with you. We'll take two sides of a nearly open field and try to take the field. We tested it out with six of us, and really enjoyed it, can't wait to try it with a larger group.
My brother, Syrin, has an X7, what he ended up doing was dropping the round in so that the next shot would cycle it into the chamber. So really he had two shots, loaded at a time, but wouldn't fire again until he had loaded the second shot, so was about the same as all of us 98 users. So, cyclone feeders are doable.

Token system: I want to try this. I think it will rock. But, if it's a flop we'll scrap it. Its like collecting coins on a video game. You start with a token. You get shot, you drop or hang your token. Go back to base, get another token, get back in there. (I'm thinking a yellow or orange band of tape hung around the neck or something, I haven't made them just yet.) You must have a token on to be "alive."
Anyone can grab any token they find hanging around. Collect them, take them back to base, add it to the stock. If you get shot, you must drop ALL the tokens you have on you.
At the end of a round, we'll tally up the tokens at each base and that'll be the score. Tokens worn by players are considered spent and not counted. Each team will start with two tokens per player, but you spend one each to start your army, leaving one for each at base.
There will be more tokens hidden throughout the field.
If, by some odd chance a team completely runs out, we'll still have timed insertions and use a "negative" token, like credit.
Any questions, comments or ideas on this, feel free. It's really quite simple once you have the concept.
BOTTOM LINE: Tokens are good. Get lots. Be Honest and have fun.

Those are the two main things we think will be cool. I'll set up several missions, but I'd rather play if I can, but am quite willing to ref if needed. This isn't a big charity or money making event, just want to have some fun with a bunch of our paintballing friends.

Bring 5 bucks to give to Bob for use of his farm and help cover dogs and buns and stuff. If you don't have 5 to spare, come anyway, we want you guys not your money.

Should we make everyone sign wavers, or will that not be necessary? Anyone paintball legal savvy?

#10 User is offline   Tom_D 

• Fireteam Gallant Defiance
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tom_D

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

If Bob owns the property it would be in his best intrest. They are easy enough to find. Just google paintball waiver, and copy all the text in to a document on your machine, change the names, and print a few coppies.
- Treat your weapon as loaded until you positively identify that it is not, and demonstrate that to others to their satisfaction.
- Keep your weapon pointed in a safe direction at all times, especially when in hand.
- Do not point your weapon at anything you are unwilling to shoot.
- Keep your finger out of the trigger well until ready to shoot.

My Brigade Page
Fireteam Gallant Defiance

#11 User is offline   Rohnen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:21 PM

Thanks Tom, waver found and edited.

Weather is suppose to be pretty decent tomorrow. I would like to have a fire going, but the fire pit is in the play area, one of the bases even. You guys think ya'll just want grilled kogals or do ya wanna roast 'em?

We could start a fire for lunch, roast up the dogs, talk about... oh I dunno... paint ball, maybe. Then consider the base burnt down for the second half... make the continentals set up a new base somewhere else. That could work, actually sounds fun. Or we could just grill 'em all up on Bob's grill and be done with it.

Anyway, if anyone has a chrono and is willing to help out would be appreciated. Get things running faster. Bob has one and my brother has one, depending on our turnout that might work out just fine. We want to get started as close to on time as possible and keep things flowing from there. (duh...as if anyone plans to start two hours late, but for some reason we always feel we have to say it)

#12 User is offline   Tom_D 

• Fireteam Gallant Defiance
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tom_D

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

How did the game go? Sux having to work weekends. :ghillie:
- Treat your weapon as loaded until you positively identify that it is not, and demonstrate that to others to their satisfaction.
- Keep your weapon pointed in a safe direction at all times, especially when in hand.
- Do not point your weapon at anything you are unwilling to shoot.
- Keep your finger out of the trigger well until ready to shoot.

My Brigade Page
Fireteam Gallant Defiance

#13 User is offline   BIGHEAD77 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BIGHEAD77

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

Just wanted to say my step-son and I had a great day and look forward to making it out to your field again.

Official Sabre #34

#14 User is offline   andrew sarles 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:14 AM

View PostTom_D, on Nov 11 2007, 02:59 PM, said:

How did the game go? Sux having to work weekends. :comp:

the numbers werent real high but a decent problem free day of play can't ask for better than that!
ALWAYS PLAY FAIR!
REMEMBER IT'S A GAME!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users