• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 man sniper team Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lmaoig 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

would a 2 man sniper team work in a large scanario environment. i have a set of action ghillie and planned on being the front man, whereas my friend has my old tracker ghillie poncho and would be the camper. we just got radios for an upcoming scenario event and i thought htis would be a cool idea. what i thought was that i would find cover farther up a path/clearing from him, and radio him once an opposing group passed my position, hopefully without being spotted, this way we could catch larger groups in our area of fire and they shouldnt have time to respond.

XD
hold on >_< er
im pinchin one out >_<
er>_<
?_? it wont come out

#2 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:21 PM

it's always better to be with a team than alone.

#3 User is offline   Red3244 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Evensniper

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

View Postlmaoig, on Jul 21 2008, 01:09 PM, said:

would a 2 man sniper team work in a large scanario environment. i have a set of action ghillie and planned on being the front man, whereas my friend has my old tracker ghillie poncho and would be the camper. we just got radios for an upcoming scenario event and i thought htis would be a cool idea. what i thought was that i would find cover farther up a path/clearing from him, and radio him once an opposing group passed my position, hopefully without being spotted, this way we could catch larger groups in our area of fire and they shouldnt have time to respond.

XD

Sounds like a great idea. But keep in mind if you guys are stalking side by side or near each other, there will be twice as much movement for the enemies eye to catch and also twice the amount of noise. I think that a two man sniper team is deadly if you can communicate and organize successful attacks. I would maybe recommend you practice stalking with him that way you guys will know how both of you operate. Good luck out there! :evil:
How far can you go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without?

#4 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

I'm with Red on this one. I think it would work, but you would definitely have to practice. It took a while for me and one my buddies to work together well in a game and we weren't really trying to be stealthy about it. I think it would be worth a try. I'd try to get some hand signals though. Might be good for those times when you're close enough that radios aren't necessary or need to make quick comm's without cueing up your mics.
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#5 User is offline   Revenant 

• Mobile Strike Sniper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Reno 07

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

That's a good point, any sniper team would have to do some serious training in order to work together well. It's not just something that you do, you have to know how to work together before you can work together.

That's a primary reason I work alone, I'm too much of a hard-edged, sacreligious, opinionated, mildly-insensitive, lone-wolf jerk for most people in a normal fireteam, and as a sniper/spotter pair I'm impossible to work with for very long.

If a pair worked together enough that they were comfortable relying on each other on the field and they knew what they were doing, then a sniper team could be unbelievably effective.

#6 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lethalpanther1

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

Would work great, if done right. But if you use the radios wont someone hear it?
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#7 User is offline   Jellyfish 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Jellyfish

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:38 AM

Typically in the field we use two, two man teams to make up a 4 man team. For paintball, you could do it with just two guys, each operatiing independantly.

The general school of thought is this. They work close together, but independantly. Ie I cover this creek bed, while another guy is 20 yards away covering a trail. This allows for two things to happen. One, you are now covering a much much larger area than with just one guy. Two, both guys have mutual support when the poo hit's the blender. Three, as long as both guys know where the other is, the first one to shoot gets a decent ambush in. Then can easily fall back/displace near or to the second sniper. Sucking the ambushed crew into a second ambush, etc.

This is obviously a very basic conversion of how we operate in the field, but it's an idea. Especially if you are setting up a reverse defense position on the week side. It gives you plenty of time to successfully engage and destroy a larger force with multiple ambushes and maintain a decent volume of fire on a week side defense. You can cut some enemy numbers way down, stall them from their advance, and give you buddies plenty of time to adjust their tactics, or atleast a good heads up.

I think this would be incredibly effective on a weak side defense, especially if it is setup as a reverse defense.

As for an actual two man team on the same objective. Don't see a point for it in paintball. The reason we use two guys in the field is for reasons that don't really apply to paintball.
"Two inches or two feet...a miss is a miss!"

#8 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

View PostPhobeus, on Jul 21 2008, 06:21 PM, said:

it's always better to be with a team than alone.

true, though not sure on your definition of team (2 man team, or a "sniper" operating within a team).

It would be great to find someone with the same interest in this position to ghillie up with and work well together with again.
I use to have that..he's most likely in Iraq now...

It's ideal to find somebody you "know" and can predict their actions in the field.

I typically work alone when it comes to "sniping". Working in an area with your team is ideal. You're not directly with them, but out on your own.
If you're good, you can flank the other team during engagements, secure your team's flanks to a point, and take out primary targets etc.
Then when you need to break contact, you can join up with your team.

I have successful engaged the opposition and lured them into a larger group of players on the same side as me. With this being said, sometimes your
greatest risk of being eliminated is by friendly fire. I swear the slightest sight of a ghillie suit has anybody and everybody firing at you.

I like working alone, unless it's with someone I know very well and can count on them to be where I expect them to be and do what I expect them to do.

B)
"X"

#9 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

I've always been an advocate of two man sniper teams, because it make the sniping position all the more useful.

Your teammate can bait opfor players into your killzone, or hold a position on the sniper's flank to provide supporting and covering fire when need be. That, and it's always good to know someone's got your back.

EDIT: I swore I saw a topic like this before--look toward the bottom of the "sniper tactics" page...

This post has been edited by MaDuce: 23 July 2008 - 03:21 PM

"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#10 User is offline   boo man91 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:boo man91

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:48 PM

good idea but you should have a shooter and a spoter thats what i would do. ;)

#11 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

my opinion on this is that it would definatley work. but some of my paintball friends are not as stealthy as me cause one is missing half his eye.
I think you would have to have a very good partner to work with and to practice everything you do at home before you go out and dominate.
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#12 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

my oppinion is have fun and if u feel the need go for it and just enjoy actin it out
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#13 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• PipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

View PostJellyfish, on Jul 23 2008, 07:38 AM, said:

Typically in the field we use two, two man teams to make up a 4 man team. For paintball, you could do it with just two guys, each operatiing independantly.

The general school of thought is this. They work close together, but independantly. Ie I cover this creek bed, while another guy is 20 yards away covering a trail. This allows for two things to happen. One, you are now covering a much much larger area than with just one guy. Two, both guys have mutual support when the poo hit's the blender. Three, as long as both guys know where the other is, the first one to shoot gets a decent ambush in. Then can easily fall back/displace near or to the second sniper. Sucking the ambushed crew into a second ambush, etc.

This is obviously a very basic conversion of how we operate in the field, but it's an idea. Especially if you are setting up a reverse defense position on the week side. It gives you plenty of time to successfully engage and destroy a larger force with multiple ambushes and maintain a decent volume of fire on a week side defense. You can cut some enemy numbers way down, stall them from their advance, and give you buddies plenty of time to adjust their tactics, or atleast a good heads up.

I think this would be incredibly effective on a weak side defense, especially if it is setup as a reverse defense.

As for an actual two man team on the same objective. Don't see a point for it in paintball. The reason we use two guys in the field is for reasons that don't really apply to paintball.

Oh hells yeah, I never thought about using the two man for weak side defense. So, and please straighten me out if I get it wrong, IN THEORY if you had a strong right, you could place the 2 man team to the weak side left). Most likely put the farthest away of the 2 nearest the tape/boundary and then post the other a short ways to the Strong sides left....So it would end up being like a big pinch? I guess that might depend on how wide the field or the terrain of said field is. hahaha, insert really bad typing diagram.

XXX X XXX
/ // / / \\

(1) (2) OOO O O OO

Am I on the same track as what you were saying? I like the idea, just trying to get a picture of what it would look like...

This post has been edited by REBELS_PEACHZ: 28 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

Christian Paintballer

#14 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:30 PM

wow i dont even c a diagram
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#15 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• PipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

View PostMerchant of Paint, on Jul 28 2008, 10:30 PM, said:

wow i dont even c a diagram

Yeeeeeahh.....haha, bout that, it looked a hair better before I "published" the post...yeah, I'll have to get a quick photoshop deal kicked out..hahahaha, it does look pretty Special doesn't it? Get back to ya on that one.
Christian Paintballer

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users