• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Goggle Lens Covers....

#1 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:59 AM

Shipwreck had asked me to post up some pics of the lens covers I have been using . there was some discussion in wanting them, and there are some products out on the market already called "goggle skins" and the like, but me and my guys have been using our own stuff for a few years now.

all of these are made from the same kind of material that they make auto window decals from. the first time it was purchased, it was pricey, but we were able to make several out of the sheet that was a digital woodland color. i then painted up some of the leftovers to make one of the crazy masks seen here (blue/white/gray digi) for when i shoot photos and party.

from left to right, top to bottom:

my newly done OMNIPAT clad mask (got that cover here!)

2nd row is my "Predator" mask (a custom paint job i did) then my "ghetto-ghillie" mask.

3rd row is my "crazy photo guy" mask, then another shot of the preddy, cuz it is hawt!

4th row is from the inside of one, i made sure to focus THROUGH the screen and then ON it. this way you can see that your eyes read right through it.

last shot is the whole family of masks i have. the "skully" is also for photos and 'pirates plunder', held every year in my area.

Posted Image

the ACU mask on the bottom right is the new 'us army ranger mask' i havent skinned up the lens on it yet. that mask fits great, and has more visibility than any i own or have used. i do have some ACU window decal material here, left over from the truck window!

This post has been edited by Niceguy74: 14 December 2009 - 11:05 AM

#2 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

Awesome! The skins look GREAT!

You even threw in the first person shots as requested! Awesome job! Looks like the Camera auto focused on the lens so the background is blury but you can still tell that the cover doesn't obstruct the view very much! And wearing the mask your eyes wouldn't even be able to focus that close so you probably barely notice those little dots at all!

That "Predator" mask looks sick!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

It seems like there is a significant loss in visibility...if you got shot in the mask would paint get stuck in the little holes?

#4 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:34 AM

no, there is NO loss in visibility, thats why it is so nice to wear them. trust me, if I had any loss in visibility I would have taken them off years ago. It's actually like tinting a window, it cuts down on sun glares, like wearing sunglasses.

I focused on the lens cover on purpose to show how it looks from the inside, but in the other shot, that is focusing RIGHT THROUGH THE COVER.....just like your eyes will do. both of those pictures are through the same lens, and it has a cover on it.

As for being shot in the face and having paint there, just using a towel to wipe them off works just fine. worst case...using a damp towel to get them clean.....just like you would do on a normal lens. i have never had any problems with it.

#5 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

View PostNiceguy74, on Dec 16 2009, 01:34 AM, said:

no, there is NO loss in visibility, thats why it is so nice to wear them. trust me, if I had any loss in visibility I would have taken them off years ago. It's actually like tinting a window, it cuts down on sun glares, like wearing sunglasses.

I focused on the lens cover on purpose to show how it looks from the inside, but in the other shot, that is focusing RIGHT THROUGH THE COVER.....just like your eyes will do. both of those pictures are through the same lens, and it has a cover on it.

As for being shot in the face and having paint there, just using a towel to wipe them off works just fine. worst case...using a damp towel to get them clean.....just like you would do on a normal lens. i have never had any problems with it.

Awesome!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users