• You cannot reply to this topic

new cocker wont shoot very far Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

I never put my bolt in upside down :), lol. I double check everytime I put it in though.

#17 User is offline   barnz 

• I'm in your fridge, eating your food...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:barnz

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:16 AM

View PostMeline, on Apr 4 2008, 12:59 PM, said:

Don't feel to bad I've done the following over the years...

Forgot to reinsert the cocking rod after adjusting the IVG over a chrono (its shoots once and then packs paint into the barrel by the way)

I did that with my sniper. :D I had forgotten my allen wrench, so I ran back to my bench, unscrewed the cocking rod, turned the velocity up a little, and ran back to check. I grabbed the allen wrench, but forgot the cocking rod. :D

#18 User is offline   Pheonix250 

• Rec Rookie - POP *snick*
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PHOENIX250

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

View Postbarnz, on Apr 13 2008, 12:16 PM, said:

Forgot to reinsert the cocking rod after adjusting the IVG over a chrono (its shoots once and then packs paint into the barrel by the way)

I did that with my sniper. :P I had forgotten my allen wrench, so I ran back to my bench, unscrewed the cocking rod, turned the velocity up a little, and ran back to check. I grabbed the allen wrench, but forgot the cocking rod. :D

Yep, I did that last time I chrony'd. It's a bit of a pain to have to remove the cocking rod to adjust the velocity. Especially when I have to do that 5 or so times to get it right and there are people waiting to chrony behind me. About how much does the IVG adjust it? (I mean like, for example, "a quarter turn inwards increases the velocity by 15 FPS")

EDIT: As well, I grabbed this off of wikipedia and was wondering if it were true, being a Trilly owner myself.

It has been proven due to the more cheaply manufactured body design, that they are more durable in numerous aspects compared to the traditional Autocockers. Converting the gun into a pump also makes the simplified "cocker" self cocking pneumatics irrelevant and would make the Trilogy a cheaper alternative for the player looking for a pump gun.

This post has been edited by Damaku250: 17 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

Automag, 2k3 Autococker, Trilogy Comp. Sniper

#19 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:09 AM

View PostDamaku250, on Apr 18 2008, 12:16 AM, said:

View Postbarnz, on Apr 13 2008, 12:16 PM, said:

I did that with my sniper. :P I had forgotten my allen wrench, so I ran back to my bench, unscrewed the cocking rod, turned the velocity up a little, and ran back to check. I grabbed the allen wrench, but forgot the cocking rod. :laugh:

Yep, I did that last time I chrony'd. It's a bit of a pain to have to remove the cocking rod to adjust the velocity. Especially when I have to do that 5 or so times to get it right and there are people waiting to chrony behind me. About how much does the IVG adjust it? (I mean like, for example, "a quarter turn inwards increases the velocity by 15 FPS")

EDIT: As well, I grabbed this off of wikipedia and was wondering if it were true, being a Trilly owner myself.

It has been proven due to the more cheaply manufactured body design, that they are more durable in numerous aspects compared to the traditional Autocockers. Converting the gun into a pump also makes the simplified "cocker" self cocking pneumatics irrelevant and would make the Trilogy a cheaper alternative for the player looking for a pump gun.

I adjust it once then use that as a reference. It changes base on tank output, temperature if you're using CO2, what springs you're using, whether your springs are broken in, etc. It's guess and check.

I set up my Trilogy Sport as a pump. I ground off the front pneumatics and vertical ASA, tapped the hole fro 1/8" pipe threads, and never looked back. It works very well as a pump. As of yesterday it also has a Palmer's LT Valve in it. The stock valve was at the point where, even when closed, it leaked. And there's no o-ring to replace like on the Palmer's valve, either, so you have to replace the whole assembly.

If you're going to take the valve out, having a valve tool will save you trouble. You can mess up the seat on the valve if you're not careful. I pretty much destroyed mine taking it out this last time since I had a new one on the way, and it leaked anyway, so whatever.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users