• You cannot reply to this topic

Fields Around Northern Colorado Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

I'm in Laramie, but I'm pretty sure that there's exactly nothing going on here for paintball, so I'm just assuming I'm headed to the FoCo/Denver area.

Looking to start playing again, but I don't know where. I can find some fields on Google, but half the time I get the distinct feeling that the websites are still up for dead fields. Also, one of the fields I knew about seems to have had their site die, but I'm hoping the field might still be open. It's supposed to be around Greeley, and they do a DDay scenario thing like weekly if not daily. I also heard about an indoor field in Denver, but would like some confirmation.

I like woodsball and speedball, so anything you know of, don't hesitate.
Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#2 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Two Chicks paintball used to be between Laramie and Ft. Collins. Other than that your first real field is APC on the North side of Denver or you have the Glenrock community field (see pbnation/Wyoming/Glenrock Updates) which is also pretty active.

But don't get discouraged yet, There are several Ft. Collins teams that are active a play games up at Red Feather which is also between Laramie and Ft. Collins. Check out Nemisis http://nemesispbteam.com/ and Shadow Company http://www.shadowcompanysp.com/ or next time you goto Ft. Collins stop by JAXs and talk to them.

Stay out of Veedavoo (sp) we used to play there (Boarder War I and a few other games back in the late 90's and early '00s) until somebody complained about "war games" in the National Forest and we were asked to stop playing there.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#3 User is offline   murdercrow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

So Two Chicks is gone? I'd heard about them...
What kinda field is APC?
And Glenrock?

I'm kind of opposed to the Nation, so if I have to register to see what you're talking about, not happening.

Red Feather sounds like a good deal, if it's that close.

Real big question is, how many of these places have air? And because I'm limited to HPA, outlaw ball is kinda out of the question, since I don't imagine a lot of people dragging a generator AND compressor out into the woods. I'd heard people have been playing in Vedauwoo again recently, but like I said, outlaw is kinda out anyway.

Thanks for the input man, I've been dying.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#4 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

APC http://www.americanpaintballcoliseum.com/n...ge&Itemid=1 Indoor and outfield; speedball, woods, and minor scenario games. You have a few other fields in Denver but APC is the biggest.

Glenrock is a free community field maintained by all of us (by that I mean the Casper, Glenrock, and Douglas paintball players) that you can see on teh South side of I-25 between the Glenrock exits. The City of Glenrock allowed teh filed to be set up on their land and we take care of it. Its been up and running about 10 years now. It has a speedball and woods field. There is no pro-shop and no support other than what we bring but the up side is its free to play and the sportsmanship is top notch. If you want to know when we are playing its best to check out the Nation (we are playing torrow at 10:00 if your tanks are aired up). Normally everyone fills up their tanks at Western Divers in Casper before and a few guys have full scuba tanks to top off as teh day goes on.

You might also want to ask around about Action Pursuit Paintball. Which used to be a field in Greely, CO. I haven't heard anything going there forever and it might be closed but if its open it would be closeer than APC.

Red Feather and other games are put on by Ft.Collins teams, usually through TUNKA http://www.tunka.com/, and are large scale outlaw events. Everyone gets air fills and paint from JAX and the Dive shop in Ft.Collins and support is limited.

If you are looking for a dedicated field with a pro-shop for all day air you best, and pretty much only option, is APC. If you are looking for large scale scenario games you're talking either DMS Scenarios (the guys who took over Fledgling scenarios) http://www.dmsscenariopaintball.com/ or going to UT.

As for me I play about once a month at Glenrock shooting either NXT or my old cocker, I fill up my HPA at Western Divers for $4.50 each which fill to about 4300 psi and I play one or two scenario games down in CO every year for the last few years (minus deployments).

ood luck and if you have anymore questions I'm around here or you can ask anyone at the Nation from the Glenrock thread (the only people who post there WY guys so the thread itself and the people who post there is not your usual Nation experience if you know what I mean).
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#5 User is offline   k3ndawg 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:k3ndawg

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:40 AM

Just a couple of additions for you guys. For another store, check out Tippmann Pros in Fort Collins. Tippmann Pros website
Their address is 5740 S. College Ave. Unit C. It's right across the street from the Tynan's Nissan dealership on the south side of Fort Collins. Great store and everyone that works there actively plays. You can ask them about contacts for renegade games in northern Colorado, as well as the guys from JAX.

For a field, allow me to suggest Blitz Paintball. It's located just south and a little east of the highway 52 exit on I-25. Blitz Paintball Website
Here is a link to a Google Map of their field but keep in mind the satellite photo was taken before the field was built. Map

Blitz has a snackbar, CO2, 3000 and 4500psi fills, rentals, a small proshop, 3 speedball fields and a big recball/scenario field that I love. Everything from bunkers built out of old shipping containers, to a helicopter you can get inside of. It's a great field, and large enough to easily handle 50 on 50 or more. Prices are $14 field fee, if you buy their paint ($20 if you don't), and they were selling DraXxuS Triumph for $48 a case.

My friends and I are planning on hitting Blitz on May 8. Most of us can only afford to go once a month, but if you want to, you're welcome to join up with us. Reply here or pm me if you're interested.

Either way, good luck.

#6 User is offline   Bloody Beetroot 

• Destroooooooooy!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Toad24.5

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:08 AM

Yes, Blitz is a very fun field! There is also my regular field that I play at in Estes Park. We just started our spring season. We play every sunday from 1-3ish depending on the turnout. (sometimes we go for longer) If your interested in playing with us just PM me and I'll fill you in. I know it's pretty far from Laramie, but just thought I'd throw out an invite :)

#7 User is offline   murdercrow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

Whoa, I thought I'd already been back here. Guess not....

Thanks for all the input guys, this is really helpful. I'm really excited to try out APC and Blitz!

Right now, cash is a little too short to play, but once I get up and running this is going to be great. I may even make it out to Estes Park, I'll be sure to drop in if so. Funny, I was there a few years back with my family and wondered if there might be something cool like a paintball field there, but all we found was the family fun center thing with the bumper boats and whatnot.

#8 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:02 AM

Glad I saw this. I just moved to Lakewood and have been trying to find decent fields in the Denver Area. APC looks good
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#9 User is offline   k3ndawg 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:k3ndawg

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:27 AM

View Postjtpaintball70, on Apr 24 2010, 08:02 AM, said:

Glad I saw this. I just moved to Lakewood and have been trying to find decent fields in the Denver Area. APC looks good

If you want closer to your house, you might wanna try Paintball Adventures. Their field is about 7 miles south of C-470. Haven't been out there for close to 8 years, but I liked it and keep hearing good things about it.

If y'all can make it, my friends and I will be at Blitz on May 8. Click HERE for directions! Here's a pic of me with my gear so you know who to look for.

I'm the big guy in mixed camo. :(

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

I'll see about making it. It's been a long time since I played so I'll take any game right now :( I start orientation at my ambulance company on the 3rd, so unless they have me working that weekend I should be able to make it

I'll most likely be wearing a gray JT jersey with the number 70 on the back. And shooting either a PGP or an SL68II

This post has been edited by jtpaintball70: 26 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#11 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

I'd say APC has gone downhill a good bit, since Blitz came on the scene (for good reason, the fields and customer service are superior at Blitz).

I've also had very good experiences with PBA, and my teammates love Dynamic out east (I'm in Golden, so I haven't made the trek yet).

I avoid APC.. the alternatives are much better.
Lo

#12 User is offline   Tank Mama 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Tank Mama

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

Here is a great chance to try out APC and see what you think.
Fees have changed. $0 for pre-reg and $10 at the field. Should be about 50 or so players and a fun day.
Posted Image
American Paintball Coliseum
Oh we will have QuickStrike there for some tank action, maybe even 2.
Tank Mama "Carat"
QuickStrike PAV
Sponsored by: TIPPMANN, 23DELUXE, AMERICAN PAINTBALL COLISEUM, OKLAHOMA D-DAY

#13 User is offline   Tank Mama 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Tank Mama

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

Sorry the number is 303-298-8573
Tank Mama "Carat"
QuickStrike PAV
Sponsored by: TIPPMANN, 23DELUXE, AMERICAN PAINTBALL COLISEUM, OKLAHOMA D-DAY

#14 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

:huh: I have my last day of third riding on a rig before I get my own truck on the 15th... I'm ready to play now... But can't seem to make the days line up
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#15 User is offline   Lachero 

• We Few...
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

like bloody beetroot said, thursdays in estes park. It may be a hike for anyone to get here, but we always love having more join us. PM me or bloody beetroot with details if you want to show up
I like turtles!
Support Cedric Diggory...Edward Stinks!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users