• You cannot reply to this topic

Games in Glouster, OHIO Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#766 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hellraiser

Congrats on being the proud owner of a TPX, I to have one and love it. It's easy to break down, it's reliable, and is accurate. Plus some of the stuff that they are coming out for the TPX is nice as well. It's a great side arm for sure. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Tim

#767 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

Slayer call Invictus for Biblical Battle details.

Congrats Hellraiser on a cool new sidearm! Any chance you can make it up to Mansfield on the 15th?

I agree JKR on your analysis of the electro issue and I take my hat off for those who have mastered their pumps or go to battle with a non-electro but, BUT I luv my Bob Long and I have noticed a huge jump in my game from using a Prolite in the '90s, an A-5 the last 2 years and an electro this summer. My kill ratio has gone up as well as my usage of paint... There were many times with my Prolite when a soft belly, unfelt pod hits, twig, sappling or branch would ruin a good shot and now I can (if needed) throw a wall of paint when that branch is in the way. With my A-5 I had to make sure the paint was just right or my accuracy went screwy or it would chop paint (and it was a gas hog and heavy). I guess what I'm saying is I haven't had to worry about my marker getting me killed since I switched to an electro. Now I can focus my attention on making sure I don't get myself killed. I can shoot one ball at a time when needed or unleash hell on a seconds notice. Its no longer about the weapon now but about me. Your weapon may feel more like the real thing and I do miss that solid feel and milsim look once in awhile but after a few hours of play my arm thanks me for the lighter load. You can master your pump or old school marker all you want but when that twig gets in your way or a dimpled ball or strong wind throws your shot off and you've tipped off your location just know that you've just lost the initiative. You have to work harder and be more perfect and you probably get more satisfaction from each kill and you save on paint costs but I luv my electro and when I want to I can mimick a pump player or (more likely) when I need to I can mimick a Vulcan Cannon. But rest easy in the knowledge that if we both run out of amo you can always club me to death where if I charged you it would only be followed by extreme laughter! There have been riflemen and heavy gunners since WWI and I enjoyed playing the riflemen but I really really luv playing the gunner (without the heavy part of course). Your the hunter and I am the killer and there is room for both of us if the rules permit.

Frodo Out :panzer:

:rolleyes: BTW, Thumper is not allowed to respond to this post...

This post has been edited by Frodo: 05 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#768 User is offline   hellraiser6 

• HELLRAISER6
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hellraiser6

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:21 AM

View Postscoobshagg, on Aug 5 2009, 12:17 AM, said:

Hellraiser

Congrats on being the proud owner of a TPX, I to have one and love it. It's easy to break down, it's reliable, and is accurate. Plus some of the stuff that they are coming out for the TPX is nice as well. It's a great side arm for sure. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Tim

I have not had the opportunity to shoot it yet. Had a small issue with my truck that left me stranded for 2 hours. I am trying to make it to Mansfield Frodo. I will let you know as this week progresses.

#769 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

Invictus is putting a small game together for this Sunday out at Forest's place between 12 and 5pm or so. We expect between 10 to 16 ballers to attend. So Slayer grab your folk if you can and anyone else in our area is welcomed to come as well. Invictus just put it up on the game locater. We plan on introducing ourselves to some local Coolville players who wanted to play and to shoot up some old paint at our old stomping grounds in Forest's jungle.

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#770 User is offline   hellraiser6 

• HELLRAISER6
  • PipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

So, I love the way the TPX shoots, pretty consistant....Plus it is X7 threaded!

#771 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

if i dont have to work, which i probably will, ill make the trip down to forrests place
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#772 User is offline   Thumper63 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Thumper63

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

[/quote]
Grumbles and stares at his prolite.
So what.. I know my gun is older than my kid, at least they both can vote.

#773 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

Hellraiser
the TPX is an A5 threading, although most of the new barrels is a A5/ X7 style threading. Tippmann just released a new barrel that has some rifling. I saw some while up at Michigan, they looked nice but I'm going to wait until there is some more options until for the marker.

Tim

#774 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:44 PM

i agree with brian, i'll take my electro over a mechanical any day
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#775 User is offline   hellraiser6 

• HELLRAISER6
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:59 AM

View Postscoobshagg, on Aug 5 2009, 10:33 PM, said:

Hellraiser
the TPX is an A5 threading, although most of the new barrels is a A5/ X7 style threading. Tippmann just released a new barrel that has some rifling. I saw some while up at Michigan, they looked nice but I'm going to wait until there is some more options until for the marker.

Tim

I am doing the same, however, I am going to get the holster for it. I just happened to have a 12 J&J barrel that I threaded on and was shooting it, a bit more quiet, but the barrel bounced around a bit at the end of the housing so i took it back out. I am looking at purchasing a green laser pointer for it just because I like the look of the it! No other real reason hahahaha!

#776 User is offline   hellraiser6 

• HELLRAISER6
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:08 AM

Thumper,
I have something that you might be interested in. Along the lines of the fencing you and I were discussing on Saturday. Here at work we received 3 wood crates roughly 65.5 in X 64.25 X 72.25. They are mine if I want them, we are just going to smash them and through them out. Mostly made of .25in ply and 1 X 3 as well as some 2 x 4 for the base. If interested let me know, I will start disassembly of them for transport without breaking them.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by hellraiser6: 06 August 2009 - 07:12 AM

#777 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:51 AM

Oh Hellraiser those look really nice :dry:

#778 User is offline   Thumper63 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Thumper63

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

Thanks, those would be sweet. However my buddy at work is tearing down the rest of that privacy fence so i should have more than enough from him. trying to arrange transport for that down here wouldn't be easy but i thank you for thinking of me. should you decide to bring them anyway i'll put them to good use, i just wont have time to get them until mid sept.
So what.. I know my gun is older than my kid, at least they both can vote.

#779 User is offline   hellraiser6 

• HELLRAISER6
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:14 PM

View PostThumper63, on Aug 6 2009, 03:52 PM, said:

Thanks, those would be sweet. However my buddy at work is tearing down the rest of that privacy fence so i should have more than enough from him. trying to arrange transport for that down here wouldn't be easy but i thank you for thinking of me. should you decide to bring them anyway i'll put them to good use, i just wont have time to get them until mid sept.

I am currently breaking these down so that I can transport them to you. I was just wanting to make sure that you wanted them is all. The base on all 3 are very sturdy. Possible elevated position hahaha.

#780 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:46 PM

View PostFrodo, on Aug 4 2009, 09:58 PM, said:

I agree JKR on your analysis of the electro issue and I take my hat off for those who have mastered their pumps or go to battle with a non-electro but, BUT I luv my Bob Long and I have noticed a huge jump in my game from using a Prolite in the '90s, an A-5 the last 2 years and an electro this summer. My kill ratio has gone up as well as my usage of paint... There were many times with my Prolite when a soft belly, unfelt pod hits, twig, sappling or branch would ruin a good shot and now I can (if needed) throw a wall of paint when that branch is in the way. With my A-5 I had to make sure the paint was just right or my accuracy went screwy or it would chop paint (and it was a gas hog and heavy). I guess what I'm saying is I haven't had to worry about my marker getting me killed since I switched to an electro. Now I can focus my attention on making sure I don't get myself killed. I can shoot one ball at a time when needed or unleash hell on a seconds notice. Its no longer about the weapon now but about me. Your weapon may feel more like the real thing and I do miss that solid feel and milsim look once in awhile but after a few hours of play my arm thanks me for the lighter load. You can master your pump or old school marker all you want but when that twig gets in your way or a dimpled ball or strong wind throws your shot off and you've tipped off your location just know that you've just lost the initiative. You have to work harder and be more perfect and you probably get more satisfaction from each kill and you save on paint costs but I luv my electro and when I want to I can mimick a pump player or (more likely) when I need to I can mimick a Vulcan Cannon. But rest easy in the knowledge that if we both run out of amo you can always club me to death where if I charged you it would only be followed by extreme laughter! There have been riflemen and heavy gunners since WWI and I enjoyed playing the riflemen but I really really luv playing the gunner (without the heavy part of course). Your the hunter and I am the killer and there is room for both of us if the rules permit.

A few things...

I am all for anyone using whatever 'gun they prefer to use as long as everyone remains safe and has a good time. I think that overshooting can become a problem if a group lets it become a problem. I don't think that we have a problem in our group. There have been a couple of games I can think of that some new/unknown players seemed to be there to punish others to make themselves feel better. However, this hasn't been the general rule. I hope it stays that way!

I have always tried to hold myself to the old world etiquette of the three shot rule and will continue to do so. I try to watch my shots and if they are close to my opponent and look to have landed true, I don't keep pounding them until they walk. I will stop shooting to see how they react before continuing to shoot. Call me old-fashioned, but that's the way I have always tried to play over the last 21 years. There have been times, despite policing myself, that I haven't seen where my shots went or have used poor judgment and broken my own code of conduct but I will always try to remain true. When you are playing with newer or younger players especially, I don't feel that the wall of paint philosophy is best.

Finally, I don't feel at all that the new equipment in the world makes you a better player and I don't consider shooting an electro quickly as a skill. Maybe this is semantics, but you can become a more effective player with an electro, but carrying the latest and greatest fast-shooting equipment won't make you a more skilled player. It can, if you let it, allow you to become a sloppy player. You can become more effective on the field in your kill ratio, basically due to the law of averages. Not that this is a bad thing necessarily, but more paint in the air usually translates to more kills. However, your 'gun doesn't make you move faster, assess field conditions and react to changing game dynamics, develop a better tactical mind, or give you the ability to shoot accurately.

Don't consider me some grumpy older guy or an elitist because I am not. Call it kooky and weird, but the best analogy I can give you to my paintball philosophy might be found in Star Wars. Although I am far from any kind of paintball Jedi, I like to at least try to be a little like one.

This post has been edited by JKR: 07 August 2009 - 02:23 AM

AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users