• You cannot reply to this topic

Etek3 or Phenom? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• You exist because we allow it; you will end because we demand it
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:C-F0uR

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

Hey guys, yes the title of this thread is deceiving. Im not such a n00b that I dont know the Etek3 is better. Lately I've been seriously wondering about "going to the darkside." I've owned 2 Tippy's and they've been great to me, perhaps its time for a change of scenery. I'm getting ready to sell my fully upped X7. I know the Phenom would make a great reliable marker that I would love for years to come, but I don't want another money pit. If the Etek3's performance is leaps and bounds above the Phenom's, then I'm willing to give up the Mil-Sim world for the time being. (mods are expensive!) I wonder if it would be worth going remote if I made the switch.(no stock?! what?! gasp!) If not, then there is no point in buying a vest, just a podpack. Being only $75 more, what would I lose by switching to a Planet Eclipse marker and what would I gain? Don't fret, my home will always be bushball, just thinking about widening my scope of the paintball world.
Markers Owned: 32 Degrees Icon X (Sold) | Tippmann A5 (Sold) | Tippmann X7 serial no. 036020 (Sold) | Tippmann TPX serial no. 009351 | Soon to have Planet Eclipse Etek3
PS3 ID: Sk8ergamer
Home field: Zwackerz Paintball, VA
My Feedback

#2 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

I would definitely go for the Etek3. They shoot amazingly. I'd also just run air on gun with it instead of going remote.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#3 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

The etek has the tank positioned to where, if you hold the gun right, the tank will work as a stock. It is also back heavy so you will be supporting most of the weight with your shoulder and not your hands. You won't tire as easily and you will be able to move and aim quicker.

A lot of thought goes into making these guns. Unlike the mil sim where ergonomics and performance upgrades are second to realism, the "speedball markers" or "darkside" as you call them are designed for performance and performance only.

This post has been edited by Schecter: 11 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

#4 User is offline   PAINTSLINGER05 

• NCSU
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PAINTSLINGER05

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

View PostSchecter, on May 11 2010, 08:24 PM, said:

\
A lot of thought goes into making these guns. Unlike the mil sim where ergonomics and performance upgrades are second to realism, the "speedball markers" or "darkside" as you call them are designed for performance and performance only.

Well, i dont know about this, id say some of the speedball markers look pretty flashy n sexy lol
North Carolina State University Paintball Team Captain/President
Are you interested in joining the NCSU Wolfpack Paintball Club? Email me at naisenho@ncsu.edu

#5 User is offline   Reaper301 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

i dont think i can go back to an x7
trust me i had 3
and now i rock this
Posted Image

old me
Posted Image
Reaper
Chrono301 XO
Camp Lejeune
Jacksonville NC

#6 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

Sir, I beleive for the money spend. the Etek 3 will out-perform your phenom in every aspect of human life. lol.
Lighter, quicker, balanced, faster trigger, efficient, AC threaded. ( you can buy a lapco barrel which is Apex ready and REALLY go to the dark side)
customer service is Ace compared to tippmann.

Check out the DP FX also, people are saying its a awesome marker,

#7 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

The Phenom has not been getting very good remarks from our local die hard Tippmann fans. To many failures with the things. They keep pluggin away at them though since they really will not go anywhere else.

If you really want to stay in the Tippmann family, keep the X7.

If you are looking for a reliable lighter faster new toy...buy the Etek.

#8 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• You exist because we allow it; you will end because we demand it
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:C-F0uR

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:08 PM

I see that it's no contest, lol. Just when I was about to buy the darn thing my mom came upstairs and asked me to help pay for some of the bills... T.T Now I have to wait a month before I get my money back. This sucks.
Markers Owned: 32 Degrees Icon X (Sold) | Tippmann A5 (Sold) | Tippmann X7 serial no. 036020 (Sold) | Tippmann TPX serial no. 009351 | Soon to have Planet Eclipse Etek3
PS3 ID: Sk8ergamer
Home field: Zwackerz Paintball, VA
My Feedback

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users