• You cannot reply to this topic

Tiberius T9.1 Rifles Which is what? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

So I'm looking into acquiring for myself a Tiberius First Strike rifle. On their website, they have three different models, the CQB, the Ranger, and the Elite. Does anyone have any experience with these? Obviously they were built for close, middle and long ranges respectively in both aesthetics and attachments, but does the performance vary in any significant way? Im looking for a longer ranged gun, with great accuracy, but i want to have the flexibility of engaging competitively at a closer range. So basically what Im asking is; Does the Elite, the "sniper" configuration, have such a superior performance increase over the Ranger, the mid-range configuration, that it warrants carrying the extra weight and length, as well as justify the increased price?
2 Samuel 22

#2 User is offline   paintman161 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintman161

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

View PostBenaiah, on 20 September 2010 - 04:26 PM, said:

So I'm looking into acquiring for myself a Tiberius First Strike rifle. On their website, they have three different models, the CQB, the Ranger, and the Elite. Does anyone have any experience with these? Obviously they were built for close, middle and long ranges respectively in both aesthetics and attachments, but does the performance vary in any significant way? Im looking for a longer ranged gun, with great accuracy, but i want to have the flexibility of engaging competitively at a closer range. So basically what Im asking is; Does the Elite, the "sniper" configuration, have such a superior performance increase over the Ranger, the mid-range configuration, that it warrants carrying the extra weight and length, as well as justify the increased price?

When you stripe all of the extras off they are exactly the same T9.1! You are just paying for the accessories.

This post has been edited by paintman161: 20 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

no the CQB and the elite should have th same range and same accuracy, using the same paint and the same fps
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#4 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

even though the CQB is shorter?
2 Samuel 22

#5 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:alittletippy

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

Down range pain is somewhat inaccurate with his response. Lets look at it like this. The base marker for the two are the same, a T9.1 pistol, so in that form they are identical in performance. Is what changes this between the two is the barrel and its length, thats it. The elite should have a longer range, but its really only because the barrel is longer. However i would be willing to bet that if you lined the two setups next to each other so the barrel tips are even with each other the two will shoot the same distance. As for accuracy generally speaking a longer barrel will be more accurate as it give the ball a longer guide path if you will. Personally I would go with the ranger setup. Gives you a good overall setup without all the "sniper" add ons of the elite.
My Feedback
AIRHOG'S CUSTOM WORKS-CHECK THEM OUT
Tippy's,Thor,Punisher,Punisher CQB,BAKEMONO

#6 User is offline   Jones 

• Isaiah 6:8
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

View Postalittletippy, on 20 September 2010 - 05:47 PM, said:

Down range pain is somewhat inaccurate with his response. Lets look at it like this. The base marker for the two are the same, a T9.1 pistol, so in that form they are identical in performance. Is what changes this between the two is the barrel and its length, thats it. The elite should have a longer range, but its really only because the barrel is longer. However i would be willing to bet that if you lined the two setups next to each other so the barrel tips are even with each other the two will shoot the same distance. As for accuracy generally speaking a longer barrel will be more accurate as it give the ball a longer guide path if you will. Personally I would go with the ranger setup. Gives you a good overall setup without all the "sniper" add ons of the elite.

I totally agree
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

View Postalittletippy, on 20 September 2010 - 05:47 PM, said:

Wrong. Barrel size does not matter when determining distance of travel of the ball. Velocity is the only thing that affects distance, not putting flatline or apex barrels into the equation.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#8 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

thats why i was wondering if the elite had any distinct range or accuracy advantages. I would rather cut the length and weight if possible. Looks like the ranger is my best bet.
2 Samuel 22

#9 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

View PostTheEnd, on 20 September 2010 - 08:28 PM, said:

Wrong. Barrel size does not matter when determining distance of travel of the ball. Velocity is the only thing that affects distance, not putting flatline or apex barrels into the equation.

This ^

#10 User is offline   coveringfire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

Get a ranger. Chances are ull be stripping off the addons like i did with my ranger.
Stalking since '06, Postin since '09, Playin since '04. Feedback
At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote.

#11 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

Can you hook up a regular hopper to a T9.1? and run it like a regular gun?
2 Samuel 22

#12 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

IMO, I would get a cqb. Nice small, light, and tight. The one with the least needed junk. And if I got a T9.1, I would go and get the lapco barrel for it anyways.

#13 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Im going to try to find someplace that i can touch and maybe shoot the different guns first. Maybe compare to a TM15 or an X7 Phenom. Its still in the air. But the CQB is definitely an option if the performance difference is the same.

Are you sure you can use other barrels? I would think the unique nature of the round would necessitate a specific barrel.
2 Samuel 22

#14 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

View PostBenaiah, on 20 September 2010 - 10:38 PM, said:

Are you sure you can use other barrels? I would think the unique nature of the round would necessitate a specific barrel.

Yes, you can use different barrels.

#15 User is offline   noce13o 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:09 AM

View Post5N1P3R, on 21 September 2010 - 04:18 AM, said:

IMO, I would get a cqb. Nice small, light, and tight. The one with the least needed junk.
Not true, the T9.1 CQB comes with a mock silencer and laser sight, both very useless.
Ranger comes with a barrel extension, and shroud.
Whether the Ranger accessories are equally useless is debatable, but keep in mind the CQB costs more..

View PostBenaiah, on 21 September 2010 - 04:38 AM, said:

Yes specific barrels. Only Lapco and FLASC make aftermarket first strike barrels.

This post has been edited by noce13o: 21 September 2010 - 01:11 AM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users