Special Ops Paintball: Longbow stock and T2W stock question, - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Longbow stock and T2W stock question, Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Simply Stunning 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Simply Stunning

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

Ok, so I bought a T2W stock used off of Ebay to put onto my mag. It came in, and turns out it is a none airthrough kind. I didn't know that they made this kind untill I got it. I just assumed that they all where airthrough I guess.

Anyhow, I am looking to buy the airthrough kind, and as I was looking at the connections, I was thinking it looked the same as any of the longbow stocks. So what I want to know is can I buy a regular longbow A5 stock and unscrew the back off it, and put it onto my T2W connection? That way I can save a few bucks from buying the new one.

Any help on this would be great. I just don't want to buy a longbo stock, and then still end up buying the T2W stock in the end again anyways.

Thanks!

#2 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

View PostSimply Stunning, on Sep 1 2009, 10:07 AM, said:

Ok, so I bought a T2W stock used off of Ebay to put onto my mag. It came in, and turns out it is a none airthrough kind. I didn't know that they made this kind untill I got it. I just assumed that they all where airthrough I guess.

Anyhow, I am looking to buy the airthrough kind, and as I was looking at the connections, I was thinking it looked the same as any of the longbow stocks. So what I want to know is can I buy a regular longbow A5 stock and unscrew the back off it, and put it onto my T2W connection? That way I can save a few bucks from buying the new one.

Any help on this would be great. I just don't want to buy a longbo stock, and then still end up buying the T2W stock in the end again anyways.

Thanks!

Yes....but the air line might be just a little too short.

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:14 AM

Which version of the Longbow do you have? The composite plastic type or original all aluminum? I'm guessing the newer plastic, otherwise you could run new macro line & fittings as req'd for the alum. version. If you wanted to go thru the expense, the swap will work as Mo mentioned, I guess the issue w/ the airline would depend on how you had your mag set up. If you wanted to go the cheaper route you could try to find the original alum. version, w/ or w/out air-thru, & use it instead. The newer composite is definitely a cleaner design (& lighter) but at least you can mod the original as necessary.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#4 User is offline   Simply Stunning 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Simply Stunning

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

I have the new composite kind, and it is as light as can be. I love the feel of it, I just don't see a way of making it air through... It is good to know I can put a new stock on it though, I have got to get a little money before I buy it, but I think I will be happier with it in the long run. Mainly because I am using this on my tac-one, and with the air through I can have the air line come rite out of the valve into the stock...

Besides, I can take the non air throgh stock and put it on my A5 this way, and I kill 2 birds with one stone.

Thanks for the help!

#5 User is offline   gypsycurse 

• Customer Service/Sales
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

View PostSimply Stunning, on Sep 1 2009, 12:47 PM, said:

I have the new composite kind, and it is as light as can be. I love the feel of it, I just don't see a way of making it air through... It is good to know I can put a new stock on it though, I have got to get a little money before I buy it, but I think I will be happier with it in the long run. Mainly because I am using this on my tac-one, and with the air through I can have the air line come rite out of the valve into the stock...

Besides, I can take the non air throgh stock and put it on my A5 this way, and I kill 2 birds with one stone.

Thanks for the help!

So yes like Mo said, you can buy the A-5 Air Through long stock which will come as the new composite design, the only thing that you may have to buy additional to that is a longer Macro Line for that. If you would want to, we can sell you just the stock and it would be cheaper for you and we can also get you the correct macro line

Breanna SO customer service

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users