Special Ops Paintball: Suggest New Special Ops Products - Special Ops Paintball

• (69 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Suggest New Special Ops Products Must be of your invention.

#481 User is offline   Lefty 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Lefty(101stDeathborn)

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:37 PM

backwards clips for 98... good idea if the 98 was a pump or you were using it as a pistol
goggles with antifog (described by me) and soft cheek for up against your stock (described by sneaky canuk)with digi camo(pb ghost)... very good idea and I think worth looking into(please make for lefty shooters)
paint time bomb...impractical
re-designed body for 98(with hand grip modifyed/gone)...good idea(kinda like how they removed the a5 front fin thing)
specops assembles your gun... you should know how to put your gun together(seriously)
winter fusion set.. sweet
and a wooden stock... impractical(plastic these days)

Ideas I think should be done...

the airthrough vest
pod rocket launcher
hydration pod
goggles with antifog and soft cheek
modified body for 98 without forgrip
winter fusion

Ideas that I thought of...

Quiet Gun
Custom body and internals to make gun quieter... mill out the body insides about 1/32 larger and lay down a teflon or something coating and put in some teflon coating.(super quiet ..super smooth)

68 Special
Bring Back the tippmann 68 special except in .68 cal.

Sonic Mask
Masks with earing aids. little a little mic on the mask that wasent near the gun so you could hear better(we all know thos masks take alot away) No more people sneaking up on you and great edge for snipers.

Field Manual
A cool spec ops tactical manual with tons of tactics, gun facts, and stuff like that. Mexican food night doesnt mean you would have something good to read on the can. Also who wouldent want to know this stuff.

#482 User is offline   Lefty 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

This is what it looks like( i dont drink alot of water beside at big games so this is sufficent)

Attached File(s)

#483 User is offline   Lefty 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:58 PM

Possiblities...

Attached File(s)

#484 User is offline   D-Zero 

• Deadly Accurate
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AtomicCannon

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:52 AM

View PostSpyglass, on Apr 15 2006, 10:43 PM, said:

View PostD-Zero, on Apr 15 2006, 08:24 PM, said:

if make a true gear harness (like a vest, but made of straps and metal loops) for snipers (or ambushers for da non believers <_< )that you can attach gear to without sacrificing too much ghillie

Well, straps are much less secure than a vest. That means that when you move, straps move more than a vest. When that happens, you also make sound. This trains your opponents' eyes and ears on you. What does that do for the sniper? It sends him to the dead hut to sit out the rest of the game with nothing to do but nurse his twenty-or-so welts from the team of newbs that he frightened into lighting him up. Think about it, and you will agree, you might as well just go for the Special Ops Sniper Vest.

yeah...I understand, and I didnt say it was perfect. What I mean is make a product to hold gear that covers as little ghillie as possible. ( and still be able to access the gear)

Thank you for pointing that out Spyglass

This post has been edited by D-Zero: 16 April 2006 - 07:53 AM

#485 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C

Post icon  Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:15 PM

View PostLefty, on Apr 15 2006, 09:37 PM, said:

Sonic Mask
Masks with earing aids. little a little mic on the mask that wasent near the gun so you could hear better(we all know thos masks take alot away) No more people sneaking up on you and great edge for snipers.

Maybe ask for some wrist radar too, while we're at it... B) :ph34r:
Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.

#486 User is offline   Spyglass 

• Buttered Toast
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Spyglass

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:46 AM

How about a barrel shroud system that has holes every inch or so that will allow the insertion of a foregrip, probably an A-5 foregrip?

Now, I know this will probably sound ridiculous at first, but think about it. The Soviet RPG-7 grenade launcher uses a foregrip that goes far in front of the trigger. The Marine Corps' M-16A4 uses a system where you can place a foregrip anywhere along the barrel. This obviously proves them accurate.

For those of you thinking me a raving mil-sim freak,( by which I will not be offended, I am one at times,) think about it mathematically. Each dash is an inch. Consider the stock point "A," the end of the barrel point "B," and the foregrip point "C." Now, because you would have to move in order to move point "A," imagine that "A" will not move. Here is the setup of a traditional marker.

A------C------------B.

Now imagine moving "C" two inches to the side, and "A" has to stay in place. You have just moved the barrel, point "B," about 5 or six inches. As you can see, the traditional setup is hard to control, because you have too much quick control, meaning you can put your barrel in the desired direction nearly instantly, which is good for Daggers.

But, for people shooting at a longer range, you will need to sacrifice a little quick control for precision control. This slows how fast you can move the barrel, but it will keep you from wobbling and having to re-adjust when trying to give your barrel the perfect one-shot-kill line of fire. To get precision control rather than quick control, you need to put the grip farther down the marker. Here is another diagram, using the same system.

A----------C--------B.

By placing "C," the foregrip, farther along the gun, you give up quick control for precision control. Again, just like last time, move "C" two inches to the side. This time, the barrel, point "B," only moves about three or four inches. Put the foregrip farther up on the gun and you will gain more precision control and lose more quick control.

Another thing to take into effect is weight distribution. Let's say that you keep your right hand on the trigger, like I do. Now, using another diagram, with the stock on the left, I will show you how weight gets distributed. Each dash is an inch. A lowercase "L," due to its resemblance to a line, will mark the shoulder's and each hand's location. An upward arrow will show where weight is present and unaccounted for.

l__l__l____^__^_^

Now, if you payed any attention to what I wrote before with the two types of control, then you will recognize that the unlifted weight will cause a problem laterally with precision control. Not only will it be harder to aim at long range, but it also pulls it downward againts your will. Think, with an old-style wood-covered rifle, such as World War II's M1 Garand. American soldiers carrying it hold the gun past the midway point. I mean, honestly, do you make a table with all of its legs on one side? No. So should you make a paintball gun with all of its support on one side? No. Yet, that is the way that they are all made. Try this.

l__l____^___l____^

You see? The weight is picked up properly. The trigger hand, in this case, your right hand, and its shoulder have enough force to keep the back side up. Your left hand can keep the foreward end from falling, so you will have greater control.

If you cannot find many examples, then try this. I found someone using a sub-machine gun on one of the Austin Powers Movies,( I think that it was International Man of Mystery, the first one). One of Dr. Evil's guards had a plastic foregrip on the very end of hin barrel. Naturally, there was someone very bright, maybe an actual gun designer, behind the creation of that prop.

So overall, Sabres, Broadswords, Hammers, and Snipers should embrace this design. Daggers, on the other hand, who need the quick control that I talked about, should not even think of trying this out.
Spam is for sandwiches, not the forums!
Catholic Sniper: More pray, less spray
My Brigade Page
Captain of Team Leviathan
LAW launcher for sale, $75, PM me for details

#487 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C

Post icon  Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:57 AM

View PostSpyglass, on Apr 17 2006, 07:46 AM, said:

How about a barrel shroud system that has holes every inch or so that will allow the insertion of a foregrip, probably an A-5 foregrip?...

This is a good idea, although there are plenty of underside RIS rail options that allow you to mount a Weaver-compatible foregrip. Some of them duplicate the M-4 mil-sim look very closely.

A bullpup trigger frame, which I suggested a while back, would use the geometry of the gun to offer a similar extra measure of control while offering the added advantage of reduced weight and a longer barrel for the same overall length:

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...c=30794&st=405#

I really do think that would be a "mod that makes sense"...
Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.

#488 User is offline   Master85 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:20 AM

I have an idea. I was planning something similar for my A5. Please bare with my brief explaination.

I would like some kind of shroud that uses the A5a2 Tombstone, but extends forward of the front sight to "shroud" the barrel. To give you a better idea, let me explain my planned modification of my A5:

I'm getting the A5a2 kit. I'm going to install the tombstone and stock like normal, but not use the front fore-grip. I prefer the vertical grip, and the stock grip is too close to my trigger to be comfortable for me. So I'm going to get the SPECIAL OPS F.O.G. Tubular Foregrip w/ 4-rails and attach my own vertical grip myself. Unfortunatly, the A5a2 kit's foregrip doesn't look right with this kind of modification (the FOG tubular grip), but looks silly to have nothing there. I plan on buying the Engler M4 Mag to bring the whole thing together.

Does any of that make sense to everyone?
IPB Image

[size=3][color=#FF0000] If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done.

#489 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:57 PM

Make a pistol hulster, but for snipers. make it out of mesh just like the sniper vest, and put AG on it. that way a sniper could have a pistol and not have it be seen.

#490 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:05 PM

how about a foregrip that goes from vertical to horizantol(like from the stock a5 foregrip to the specops one)

i have some other crazy ideas but they would take way to much time but some people might actually buy it
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#491 User is offline   Spyglass 

• Buttered Toast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:36 PM

View Post_matt_, on Apr 17 2006, 07:57 PM, said:

Make a pistol hulster, but for snipers. make it out of mesh just like the sniper vest, and put AG on it. that way a sniper could have a pistol and not have it be seen.

Okay, pistols are for CQB. Snipers are masters of stealth so that they do not get caught up in CQB. Therefore, the sniper would have no use for the pistol.

How about a tank pouch for the Sniper Vest?
My Brigade Page

#492 Guest_Headshotjester_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:20 PM

Just like snipers use stealth so they don't get caught up in firefights too? Right? I don't know any snipers that can dodge a firefight or CQB every single time, every single game. Saying a sniper doesn't need a pistol is like saying a sniper only needs one paintball per OPFOR. Sure most can do that fairly often, but there are always PLENTY of exceptions. I like the mesh holster idea personally.

#493 User is offline   LONG_SHOT 

• Team "in da face!"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:LONG_SHOT

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:34 PM

How about an Air thru M4 mag. Its a simple idea, but i just cannot find one anywhere. You would think someone would have made it by now
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

#494 User is offline   newb117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:newb117

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:20 AM

economical razorback (toy car with hammer on it)
JK

regulator inside stock

the grip that was mentioned earlier... you know... the psg-1 grip

atf aproved silencer (never gonna happen)

put the width of the rail needed for sights up on website

pink marauders (remember the recon magazine video) LOL

f-bomb that has speaker atached that drops an f-bomb when nade goes off

better smilies

#495 User is offline   Spyglass 

• Buttered Toast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:00 PM

View PostHeadshotjester, on Apr 18 2006, 06:20 PM, said:

Just like snipers use stealth so they don't get caught up in firefights too? Right? I don't know any snipers that can dodge a firefight or CQB every single time, every single game. Saying a sniper doesn't need a pistol is like saying a sniper only needs one paintball per OPFOR. Sure most can do that fairly often, but there are always PLENTY of exceptions. I like the mesh holster idea personally.

Well, I'm sure you are right about the near-inevitable CQB that a sniper comes to face with sometimes, but unless you are using the standard Longbow,( not the Q-Bow version,) or if you use the action Ghillie with no vest, you probably have some backup ammo to deal with it. I mean, I am my team's sniper, and I wear Fusion Ultralites with Marsh Digi camo on the back. (I came up with it before Special Ops put up that one picture of the Hybrid Sniper, I can think for myself. )While I play sniper, I always have a 140-round pod in my right pocket, just in case it gets ugly for me. I'm sure that plenty of other snipers have hidden ammo kept with them. With this "just-in-case" spare pod, you won't really need a pistol. If you have absolutely no way whatsoever of carrying spare ammo, then I guess you could use it, though you really should just find a pocket and put ammo in there.
My Brigade Page

Share this topic:

• (69 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked