• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Q Loader Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ragedman 

• There's my chip chip.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:I have one, used it once...like π years.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

Bought a 98 Custom Q Loader and was not impressed.

Loading: You have to fill a hopper full and then have it run down this hose and hold the pod and crank a handle to load the pod all at the same time. Take two people to really do this effectively. The hose will fall out of either end and oops there goes 20 paintballs onto the ground. It wont feed and you will have gaps of 2 or more empty spots in the pod.

The pod itself only holds 100 rounds :unsure:

The hoses are what I found to be the real pain. They always seem to come undone. And when a hose falls off on your gun there goes how ever many paintballs you had left.

It was able to feed really really fast, but agian if you are shooting 15 bps then you are out of paint really fast cause only 100 rounds.

There are some improvement that Q-Loader could make and they will need them for the market for them to really take off.

I did not like it very much at all, played 1 day with it and was done.

#2 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:40 AM

View PostRagedman, on May 16 2008, 06:10 AM, said:

Bought a 98 Custom Q Loader and was not impressed.

Loading: You have to fill a hopper full and then have it run down this hose and hold the pod and crank a handle to load the pod all at the same time. Take two people to really do this effectively. The hose will fall out of either end and oops there goes 20 paintballs onto the ground. It wont feed and you will have gaps of 2 or more empty spots in the pod.

The pod itself only holds 100 rounds :P

The hoses are what I found to be the real pain. They always seem to come undone. And when a hose falls off on your gun there goes how ever many paintballs you had left.

It was able to feed really really fast, but agian if you are shooting 15 bps then you are out of paint really fast cause only 100 rounds.

There are some improvement that Q-Loader could make and they will need them for the market for them to really take off.

I did not like it very much at all, played 1 day with it and was done.

From the sound of it I would say you are missing the O rings to secure the hoses in place.
Another reason for the hose popping out is that it could be too short and under tension, but as you are had problems with both the loading and use then I think the securing O rings are not on the hoses.

The 100 round capacity is not seen as a problem to me. Standard hoppers will hold 200 max, or about 180 for electric hoppers, standard pods are 140, some are as low as 80 or 50. I find that in normal games with 1 QPod on the marker and 4 in my vest I have sufficient paint and have the advantage of fast pod changes. I do have 10 QPods which means on an all day game I can quickly switch to another set of QPods thus reducing the amount of reloads mid game.

Reloading can be awkward. The default is the bulk 500 round hopper which has a strap to hang on your shoulder, but most people use an electric hopper.

I use a hopper but don't run a hose between. I put the hopper directly onto the QLoader winder and can hold the QPod and steady the hopper with my thumb which leaves a hand free to wind.

You can also feed balls directly by hand if you are finding it awkward, I have filled a whole set of QPods fairly quickly like this when I have lent out the electric hopper. What I do is to take a handfull of balls and cup my hand over the winder feed and turn. This is better with a short hose as then you can drop in a few balls and wind fairly quickly.

As you say gaps when loading are a problem if you have difficulty loading, 1 or 2 will not normally be a problem but bigger gaps are likely to result in ball breaks as the gaps will cause the QLoader to spin freely for a moment when you fire and the next paintball will come flying into the hose pretty fast.

Hope the bad day has not put you off too much and you give it another try.

#3 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:12 AM

I have used a qloader for alittle over 2 years now, and at first, it was very frustrating getting it to work right, took alot of tinkering and learning the hard way, but once I got that out of the way, it has litterally worked FLAWLESS for me, I think that the only reason I didnt give up on it, was becuase I really really wanted it to work, I wanted a blackcell qbow like it was no ones business.

I use a beat up and abused eggy2 to load my qpods, I have connected the egg directly to the loading socket and without exageration, I can load a pod without gaps in under 10 seconds (probably closer to 5 seconds)

but I have to admit, as much as I like the qloader, its not for everyone.

The only time I use my qloader is when I play with my blackcell qbow, I dont have any other of my markers setup for the qloader.

Someday, I want to add a warpfed mag to my collection, if you want to get the hopper off your marker, it seems the "simplest" way to go, but thats off the topic.

#4 User is offline   viper_72 

• Death Dealer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith_72

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:01 PM

Its too bad to hear about a few of the problems that Ragedman had with the system. But this isn't typical for MOST qloader users that I know, including myself. They system works great when used properly. the only complaint that I would have is that the loading method that they provide you with is cumbersome and difficult to get used to at first. This is solved easily by using either an agitated hopper or even a regular hopper. Cut out the silo and tubing and you can just put a hopper directly into the crank. It makes life really simple when loading the pods.

Two pieces of advice when using the system are: Don't leave a full feedtube for a long time. The detent at the end of the feed socket can push into the end paintball and either puncture it, or create a mean dent. Taking one or two out of the tube solves this problem. Also, when reloading, when you pull a pod out of your harness, make sure to grab the pod below the collar on the cap of the pod. I have had mine come undone, and when this happens the tension is lost and the pod is useless until you rewind the pod off the field.

Aside from that, the system in use works great. It adds great balance to your marker as well as giving the shooter the opportunity to shoot at more extreme angles than with a standard hopper.

Qloader has a great site along with a forum to check out if you're interested as well as pictures and links to videos of the qloader in action.

With the system being unique in design, the qloader is a personal "feel" issue. Some buy it and love it, like me. Others buy it and it doesn't vibe well with the feel of their gun. Best thing to do before buying is to try it out, preferrably on the same marker as the one you own, but a tryout on any makrer is better than none.
Excerpt from "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley

"In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloodied, but unbowed."

#5 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

Once you get the hang of it its really easy to do by yourself without getting spaces with no paintballs. But I agree its not really worth it.

#6 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

Sounds like you're missing the O rings that hold the hoses in. If you dont like loading the q pods with the crank, there is an electric one you can buy, or I've heard of people loading them with an electronic hopper, like a halo. Your hoses might be a little too long as well. It only holds 100 rounds, but thats why you carry extra pods.

#7 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

Sounds like you didn't do much research before you bought the expensive loader system. IMO the benefits of the qloader system are far outweighed by the drawbacks. The expense/limited amount it can hold/the issues with poor construction.
Just curious, do you have an RT or an Egrip?

Sorry bro.
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#8 User is offline   Deadly Milkman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

View Posteuglow54, on Jun 18 2008, 03:24 PM, said:

Sounds like you didn't do much research before you bought the expensive loader system. IMO the benefits of the qloader system are far outweighed by the drawbacks. The expense/limited amount it can hold/the issues with poor construction.
Just curious, do you have an RT or an Egrip?

Sorry bro.

I would have to agree that the benefits are outweighed by the drawbacks. Mostly the price.

I am still considering and doing research on the q-loader system and I have to say the only reason I really want it is because it can free up some real-estate on my soon to be SP-1. But that is about it, and I don't really think that it is worth the price and tinkering that I constantly hear about.

As for my review... I don't have one, just an opinion. (I have NOT used the q-loader so I could be wrong... except for my point about price)

This post has been edited by Deadly Milkman: 27 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

#9 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

Yet another person finds out just how badly the Q-Loader sucks. I tried to make it work. I really did. But I'm through trying, especially now that the piece of junk won't even hold a prewind anymore. It's in a drawer and will never see the light of day again.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#10 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

Wow, I never realized that the Q loaders were such a pain. Buddy of mine has one on his 98 and has never mentioned any problems. I've been wanting to get one to lighten up and lo-pro my A5..well toying with the idea. The big issue I've had in my daze of paintball, is the reload aspect. I like the way I have it now, pop the hopper top, grap-splash-replace....And all without having to break fire. So, how quick/easy is it to reload a Q-pod in the midst of a fire fight? Just looking for a little more input, thanks fellas.
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#11 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:48 PM

You CANNOT reload a Q-Pod on the field. You can change the pod, which isn't that hard, but still slower than reloading a normal hopper. Don't bother with a Q-Loader. These things are worthless. Low quality and bad design.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#12 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

I'm going to disagree with you here WW. Strongly

I find that changing Qpods on the field is easier and faster than a regular pod. Twist and pull out to remove, drop the pod, pull one out of the harness, and lock it in place. Replace the pod. Also, you can usually reload without increasing your profile at all, which can be very valuable.

Using a Qloader does require setting it up correctly, which will vary from marker to marker. It does take some initial tinkering. Once that's set, you can use the Qloader flawlessly for years. Every once in a while, a pod will wear out. It's a compromise that Qloader made to keep the pod cost down. When it happens though, QLoader replaces it for free. Absolutely free, as long as you own it.

It's not for everyone.. but the customer service, speed, low profile, silent operation and easy reloads make it very worthwhile for me.

(I also suggest to dump the Silo, and throw on an electric hopper. Makes reloading pods painless and fast)

Lo

#13 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

Yeah sorry W-Wolf, I meant switching out pods. Sounds like I just might have to try out my buddy's set-up for a game or two next time he's out. Or, brilliant idea-r here, I can just keep my cyclone and switch out for an x7 hopper....haha, who'da thunk it. Thanks fellas.
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#14 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jul 1 2008, 01:48 AM, said:

You CANNOT reload a Q-Pod on the field. You can change the pod, which isn't that hard, but still slower than reloading a normal hopper. Don't bother with a Q-Loader. These things are worthless. Low quality and bad design.

QFT. Sounds like the OP didn't do a lot of research. If the 100 round capacity came as a surprise, then it's your own fault. I think, like Warden, that the Q Loader is pretty much useless.
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#15 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

The dang hoses kept popping off, too, and balls got stuck in even moderate bends due to the HUGE pleats. I learned the hard way to hold the hose when socketing a new pod. You also absolutely have to replace the hoses with Warp Feed hoses or it won't feed for crap. And the plastic feed plug in the socket broke and I had to replace it. How hard would it have been to make that a METAL part and instead used metal hose clamps to attach the hoses to the socket instead of those stupid o-rings that you can't get in? Not very hard. And it dimples balls over time. And it occasionally breaks balls when you twist the new pod into the socket. It doesn't fully come apart, either, so a break in the pod is seriously hard to clean out. Great idea, horrible implentation. There's lots of things they could have done better.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users