• You cannot reply to this topic

Company Paintball Outing How can I pull it off? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   luckyxtreme 

• Bad Karma Dagger
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:lucky [Bad Karma]

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

I want my company to have a paintball outing to help build "teamwork" but I dont know how to propose the idea. Anyone have any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

Gather signatures from the co-workers, and if you get enough signatures then try asking the boss.

This post has been edited by xkpxfattyxx: 08 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

#3 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

Talk to the Head Honcho aka your Boss, because its entirely up to him if he really likes your Idea.

#4 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

Say to whoever in charge....

Hey I was thinking or organizing company pb trip...I think it would be fun and build comradry/teamwork.

Then if anyone doesnt wanna go just explain how they get to shoot the annoying co worker who always breaks the copy machine.

Peace,
Teddy K

#5 User is offline   No Quarter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Northwest Brigade ( Idaho )

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

You should write up a proposal that highlights the team building aspects of paintball and give it to your superior. Also include ALOT on how safe paintball is. You're going to need be prepared to quell any pre-conceived notions that your boss may have about paintball. Be prepared to educate your boss and co-workers about the sport.
IPB Image

#6 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

Check around at local fields & see if any offer private group games or group discounts. Some fields even offer special deals for private/company games during the work week.

#7 User is offline   Tek 

• Paintball Jedi
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rogue Tek

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:35 AM

I agree with Stunts, check your fields. I know some in my area offer packages geared specificaly towards corporate team building.
Member of Ambush Alpha ~ www.AmbushAlpha.net
Sponsors: AADS, AMMO Energy, Angel, A.P.E., APP, BT (Battle Tested), BT Warrior:Online, EMR, Energy Paintball, Engler Custom Guns, Fire Fox, Guerrilla Air, Hoo-Ahhs, HP, P&D Ordnance, Scott

Member of JOINT FURY

Daggers first into the fray... What? Like you apes want to live for ever!
Hired Gun Monkey for Rogue Elites ~ Paintball Squad
Sponsors: Rogue Ales

#8 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:12 AM

It doesn't have to be official just ask your coworkers if they want to go and set it up from there. My company has an annual golf game that started off just by one of the other locations faxing around an invitation to play and after the second year the owners got behind it and now pay for it every year. I hate golf but free beer and steak makes it worthwhile.

#9 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:41 AM

View PostTeddy K, on Apr 8 2008, 05:15 PM, said:

Say to whoever in charge....

Hey I was thinking or organizing company pb trip...I think it would be fun and build comradry/teamwork.

Then if anyone doesnt wanna go just explain how they get to shoot the annoying co worker who always breaks the copy machine.

Peace,
Teddy K

Made me lol...

#10 User is offline   luckyxtreme 

• Bad Karma Dagger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:lucky [Bad Karma]

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

I like these ideas! I was thinking about going to an outdoor field somewhere instead of an indoor field. Hopefully we could find a good place to go and get some good deals on rentals. Does anyone know if the Special Ops store rents out equipment?

#11 User is offline   Big Tasty 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Big Tasty

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

Another possible bonus:
My brother's company's insurance policy rates Paintball as less dangerous than Golf or Bowling, just food for thought.

Peace,
Big Tasty

#12 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:48 AM

tell them that it will emphasize team work, communication, and how the lack of can drastically vary an outcome.

also it weeds out potential leads, who can think under stress, who flips out and who is prone to tantrums, hissy fits and who will sit in the corner when going gets tough
dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

#13 User is offline   MotoSL 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

Just to warn, man... in the business community "team building" exercises are being re-tooled. Paintball and go-kart racing are seen as competitive and more aggressive and not conducive to building a synergistic workplace (Corporate-speak is fun!) Volunteering at soup kitchens and other charities is seen as a team building exercise now.

But who knows? Throw together a proposal... your biggest obstacles are going to be HR issues, and safety issues (the company is still liable for injuries at a workplace function, and workmans' comp claims still apply.)

Good luck, man... I guess it all depends on what kind of company you work for.

#14 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

Nice thought but first thing you have to ask your self is, how is your companies view on the next fiscal year? Where in or at the throws of a recession, alot of tech and finacial companies have bulked or dumped ten of thousands of workers including industry leaders across the board. Now if you're in a firm that currently has a positive outlook this year, pretty much industrial solutions, energy and health care then you should create a large proposal for a company moral booster and team building exercise. There are paintball fields that put on clinics for just that but chances are if you go at this as "Hey lets get everyone to play paintball", it'll put you in a bad light in some bad times.
Putting together a proposal for this you go threw your chain procedures, your boss, then you and your boss take this to his boss, then HR and then an executive level or CO or owner depending on the size of your company.

Bottom line, you get a merit badge for wanting to improve your companies and co-workers lives abit at work but with the times... The bottom line comes first so take some thought into as, "IS thie good for me, or the company."

#15 User is offline   poohbear13 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:POOHBEAR13

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:35 PM

I dont think that special ops rent equipment but i could be wrong. We have had a couple of security companys come play with us for a work activity/ team building thing. and they had a blast. the best thing to do is ask what is the worst they can say no and your fiered because you came up with a stupid idea, jk really all they can say is no.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users