The PISTOL DECISION>> Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Aegis 

• Pronounced EE-jis
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Aegis

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:47 AM

View Postcommando kyle, on Nov 15 2007, 12:10 AM, said:

I think the Overlord is a cheap excuse for a pistol... but one, I play pistols only a good deal of the time, and two, Im spoiled.

Compared to what? Genuinely curious. The Overlord's only real problem was the 12 gram jamming issue. Otherwise, it shot just fine out of the box. It wasn't really designed to be upgraded, which to some was part of the appeal. But it had a solid barrel, nice grips, a derlin bolt, and the Rapid Reload System, for a hundred even at most places. Thats kinda hard to beat. Cheap, yeah, but an excuse? I dunno, it did its job and did it well. What did you find to be sub par? I did pistol only with my 'lord on many occasions, and never had much of an issue. Not as nice as the Tiberius, but nothing ever caught me as particularly wrong.

On a side note, with the exception of the Tiberius markers and the Sydarm, and discounting customs, pretty much all pistols are spyder clones, so performance tends to be similar in most respects.

This post has been edited by Aegis: 15 November 2007 - 12:49 AM

"Why is Loud Stupidity so infectious?" Rana, Sa'Aquta Market Fool
Current Armory: {PPS Superstocker][Peacemaker PG][Kingman Hammer Plus][VSC Phantom][ULE Automag][Smartech Knock Off][PM1 d/f][BT TM7][UMS TRGC Tac 8][Tac 8]
Smart Parts, Doc Nickle and Tom Kaye - Nuff Said---MCB Feedback SpecOps Feedback

#32 User is offline   biggreek1980 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:biggreek1980

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:19 AM

I just picked up the Acp 2.0. Used it for the first time at skirmish yesterday and loved it. For me it seems as a good backup, had no problem with so far (cross my fingers). Just like any p/g keep it clean.

#33 User is offline   commando kyle 

• Feel free to salute at any time.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Commando_Kyle

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:51 AM

The Overlord, at least the original, has a plastic grip frame, with a bulky upper receiver and magazine, making it very top heavy, and unbalanced. The balance of a pistol, at least in my opinion, needs to be nearly perfect if you want your first shot on target from a draw.

The Overlord also had a poor magazine design, as they put the magazine spring nub on top of the mag, not to the side. Then they put some sort of rails on the top, I guess for looks, which makes it a pain to move. The one I had in my possession also seemed to bind up, due to the follower not being the correct size in the paint tube. To me, those reasons alone make it a sorry pistol for anyone who wants to really use a pistol, not just strap one on to look cool at scenarios.

The Zeus series is the best blowback pistol on the market in my opinion. It, and its clones, are a little heavier, but far more balanced. The magazines are SOLID. Ive never worried about them. With a few quick modifications, they are comparable in performance to any other pistol. Agent Smith even used his as a primary in the SPPL with the Great Lakes Rangers, I believe. I would consider him the expert on pistols, and he doesnt have the gun snob attitude that others, even I myself, have at times. He will take the lowly 100 dollar pistol, hack and mod on it for a bit, and make a combat ready iron.

In my opinion, the Tiberius pistol is the best you can get out of the box. But, I have 12 magazines, and that is something not everyone can go and drop the money on. I have nearly every kind of pistol, from Pt Jrs to Palmers, and the Tiberius is the one I stand by. Even bought another.
OIF '08 OEF '09-'10
Camo Bandits-"By Force and Valor"

#34 User is offline   Aegis 

• Pronounced EE-jis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aegis

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:13 PM

Fair enough. Balance seemed okay, though it was probably a bit larger than it could have been (still, only about an inch or less larger than most of its competitors). Placement of the spring nub on mag was annoying, I'll admit. Pretty sure the grip frame was metal, though. Incidentally, thats the one thing that really bothers me about the Tiberius. While I acknowledge the necessity of the polymer grip, I really wish that they had at made it a single piece instead of the clamshell two piece they did. And the plastic trigger. I would have loved a metal trigger. Or at least the ability to attach a trigger shoe.

I do agree with you about tiberius being the best readily available. I did the two gun mojo bit for awhile with em, which was a lot of fun, if not particularly effective, and do plenty of primary play with my remaining one (I no longer own a 'regular' marker aside from a loaner spyder clone I won).

You ever used a Sydarm? I'd love to give one of those a try, if anything can beat a tiberius without being a custom (Stroker or one of their ilk), I think it would be the one.
"Why is Loud Stupidity so infectious?" Rana, Sa'Aquta Market Fool
Current Armory: {PPS Superstocker][Peacemaker PG][Kingman Hammer Plus][VSC Phantom][ULE Automag][Smartech Knock Off][PM1 d/f][BT TM7][UMS TRGC Tac 8][Tac 8]
Smart Parts, Doc Nickle and Tom Kaye - Nuff Said---MCB Feedback SpecOps Feedback

#35 User is offline   commando kyle 

• Feel free to salute at any time.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Commando_Kyle

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:40 PM

I completely agree with you on the Tiberius. The lack of a metal trigger is something that really bothers me. Ive really considered having a metal one fabricated, it would be easy enough to drop in.

I dont use both pistols at once, unless for some tactical reason, like needing to keep two separate angles. I carry one, and should I run out at a very inopportune time, I can simply draw the other. The two fisted shooting thing is for the movies.

I have yet to try a Sydarm, but I would like to. I dont know if it would be able to really shut the Tiberius out though... in my mind, nothing beats the reload time of a magazine system.
OIF '08 OEF '09-'10
Camo Bandits-"By Force and Valor"

#36 User is offline   magnadoid 

• Shot God
  • PipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:41 PM

T68 gen 3
You will never see it coming!

if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig!
blkob on rap4 forums

#37 User is offline   QUEEG 

• QUEEG 500/Scott Grieger/Z-Barf
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUEEG 500

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

Well, my Zeus problem is even worse now after somebody told me to clip the velocity spring.
I tried calling Warsensor today, and they told me to call back tomorrow.
I'll see how it goes, and if I can find a way to get my +20 shots, I'll be a happy man.
If not, I don't know what I'll do, probably cry.

Looking back, I should've bought a classic mag on Ebay, and turned it into a pistol.

This post has been edited by QUEEG: 15 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.
PM Me if you want to know why my signature is legal...Its actually the most reported thing on the forum these days -Tenacious

#38 User is offline   Fenix 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

I sold my ACP2 to get a PGP instead. The Ariakon holster + extra mags were too bulky to have on my leg + i love the pgp ;)

98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig
Automaggot #116

#39 User is offline   tmac08 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tmcconnell89

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

Dude, my Zeus G2+ sucked. It was great for shooting in the backyard and stuff but it NEVER worked on the field. It chopped, leaked, jammed and pretty much ruined every game I used it in. I don't know if I got a bad one or if it was truly a flawed design. I would still engourage buying a pistol though. it was fun to play with and made you really think more about your game than just shooting anything that moved.

-Tmac

#40 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

You probably didn't care for it right. Or didn't clean it. The Zeus is a very solid and reliable design, and extremely easy to fix and care for.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#41 User is offline   ilerman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

I have found the Overlord RX to be a good pistol, especially in that price range since anything that really superior will cost you at least 100 to 200 dollars more eg. used Squall or Sydarm. The only problem I have had with my Overlord is when I tried to change the valve to a more efficient spyder type and I had to change it back. It has worked ever since and I would recommend it to you.

If any of your gear uses batteries than you have already lost!!

#42 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:33 PM

i have used:
Delta 68
Zeus G2
Ariakon Overlord
the best in my opinion was the zeus. it was heavier, but it was balanced much better than the other two.
the Overlord had problems with the pierce pin and you had to screw in the c02 really tightly.
The Delta's magazine jammed up a lot after being set in a dirty area during a defense of a muddy pit area.
The Overlord's magazine follower was hard to reset due to it being on the top
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users