Special Ops Paintball: Battlefront paintball hubbard ohio World at War game - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battlefront paintball hubbard ohio World at War game an offer to join the British team Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   bravo4579 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:38 AM

Well as fun as this game looks for my team something has come up on the 19th and we will not be attending. Instead we are looking at a scenario at three rivers paintball this month but we will be going to battlefront mabey for thier kellys hero rerun. Sorry we can not make this guys.

#17 User is offline   The-Militia-Man 

• I have a bullet with a name on it!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Militia-Man

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:21 PM

its fine but you will just be missing out big time :(
I got my sig removed because it broke a rule that never changed, I was so upset that I made up a story about how the rules changed, even though they didn't.

#18 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:57 PM

The update sounds awesome! I can't wait!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#19 User is offline   The-Militia-Man 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:59 PM

the tuneup game that we had will change alot about the game ill post an update as soon as we get one
I got my sig removed because it broke a rule that never changed, I was so upset that I made up a story about how the rules changed, even though they didn't.

#20 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

Haha, I was actually getting on here to ask how the tune up game went and what it changed! Hope you guys stayed warm, things were pretty cold yesterday! Keep us updated!
Posted Image

#21 User is offline   The-Militia-Man 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:49 AM

well me and the german leader won all but one game but still won together

#22 User is offline   The-Militia-Man 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

hate to bump my own thread but new info is out

Ladies and Gentlemen. The time has come, i will now announce the SPECIAL ABILITIES of each country.

USA. "Rendezvous with destiny".

Anybody familiar with the 101st airborne will know that the units slogan is "Rendezvous with destiny", that and the fact that General Bill Lee is the founder of the 101st. The Americans can deploy upto 16 paratroopers via c47 (the whole rope thing again) anywhere on the battlefield at anytime. While onboard the c47 players cannot shoot or be shot. (Booty is forbidden from piloting)

Britain. "Queens Pounds"

Pounds are of course british money, they are also how Field Artillery used to be rated. Britain will have a big supply of LAWS and Rockets for Field Artillery. They can also purchase more from the Black Market for a heavily discounted price.

Japan "Howa-do"

Howa-do is japanese for "Howard" and it means Exhulted Protector. Japan will be issued a limited number of shields to protect their warriors in battle. Once issued a shield must be returned to the general before it can be issued again and only Jap soldiers can carry them. Any hits on the sheild of course don't count.

Germany

Germany was going to have a tank but since they backed out it had to be changed. Germany now gets mustard gas, We will provide Germany with white smoke grenades (we chose white both because of a price issue and a visibility issue) German soldiers are immune to the gas, however any other player that touches or passes through the gas is eliminated. The number of grenades will be limited so use them wisely. Anybody else throwing white smoke will eliminate themselves and anybody else around them.

13th Demi Brigade: French Foreign Legion

Mercs are highly trained individuals in both combat and field medicine. Mercs can only be killed by head shots.

AAAV- The ARC Amored Assault Vehicle will be made available for rent with Merc troops. The AAAV can only be eliminated by a Law Rocket to the direct front of the vehicle. We provide the tank, Booty's Double trouble in the turret and the Driver. You provide the Gunner and the paint.

#23 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

Sounds awesome :dodgy:
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   The-Militia-Man 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:46 PM

by the way... they arnt compleatly truthful just a hint at what each nation does

#25 User is offline   The-Militia-Man 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:04 AM

huge update!
--------------------
I have comprised everything you should need to know into this one thread, it's locked to keep it clean.

There will be 4 countries comprising 2 armies. Each country retains their specific "Special Powers", however the morning of the event we will randomly select 2 countries to be allies, and then do the same thing after the lunch break, this means, you won't have the same ally you had during the morning game. Each country will have it's own flagstations, and will score individual points and acquire Money. However there will also be team objectives at various points during the day meaning you will need to work with your ally to secure them and get points. At the end of the day only 1 country will come out on top. Mercenaries will remain the same, you can purchase mercenaries from your own cash supply or split it with you ally.

Yes i said 4 countries, Due to pre-registration already done Russia will be removed from this game and Rome will take command of the German Army ((been sending you messages for 2 days Rome)). Anybody pre-registered as russia will also be switched over to the German team. I apologise for having to do this, but 5 is an odd number so...one team had to go, so i went with 2 Allies and 2 Axis.

After reading through this again i felt i needed to explain the format change again for those that obviously didn't really understand it.

4 countries. The reason Russia was eliminated was because we had 3 Allies and 2 Axis countries, i made the decision to axe russia purely to even it out, The Japs couldn't be eliminated because there were only 2 Axis countries, Now i could have added a third Axis country making it 6 countries and then had 2 on 2 on 2 or 3 on 3, but i couldn't even find a German commander so how on earth would i fill an Iti roll? I could have eliminated either the US or British to even it out but i chose russia, Deal with it.

2 Armies.((see 4 divided into 2 is 2 and 5 divided into 2 is 2.5 not exactly and even number)) In talking with several of my esteemed colleagues from other Teams and such i reached the decision that while having random shifting alliances would be awesome, logistically at this stage it's just not possible, The only way a game like this would truly work is to have bunches of organised teams within your army with Excellent radio communication. We all know this doesn't happen very much, Sure if we had 1st Strike, Neosmut, ARC and Total resistance all fighting for one country i have no doubt that kind of organization could be achieved, however the amount of Walk-ons and regular players doesn't make this feesible. Each Country will retain their own Strategic Powers and their own color Armbands, each country will be fighting for their own points, their own objectives. All we've done is we will be randomly selecting your ally. Could be Germany US, Jap British, Germany British, and then half way through the day were gonna switch them again so you'll be fighting your former ally. Countries will also still have seperate HQ's so communication between Generals is still really important and the ability to translate those plans to troops is also key, the only thing is you don't have to worry about is your Ally knifing you in the back until after lunch heh. Strategic Powers can be combined to devastating effect if used properly. Money remains the same, you can choose to horde it to yourself or you and your Ally can split the costs of things like the 13th Demi-Brigade and the sole remaining tank in the theatre.

At the end of the day there will be only one victor, only one country will come out on top.
Now for more juicy WAW tidbits for your digestion.

Money- At first i had considered using paper money, but my good friend Ivan and his mother had a better idea. If you read the journal of the 13th Demi-Brigade you will see where i stated Nuggets of gold littered the ground....and so it shall be. Gold objects will be all over the field, some scattered about, and some in stockpiles...perhaps guarded by those greedy french fatherless men on occasion. Each peice of Gold will have a monetary value attached, turn the gold into the black market ((see below)) to be added to your account. All gold and other props will have a special symbol on them to keep you sneaky people from deploying fake gold stuff. ((then again it might not actually be gold colored))

Black Market- Your one stop shop for wartime goodies. The black market will be located in a neutral zone, meaning no firing in, into or out of the neutral zone, if you do then Booty gets to paint you with the DT. The black market will have "Accounts" for all countries, turn in your gold and other props to the BM and we add to your accounts. Purchase things like rocket launchers, Rockets, Mercs or the AAAV and we deduct from your account. All accounts will be turned into points at the end of the game, so no use hoarding gold at your HQ. Only the General, his designated XO or a Negotiator (see below) may purchase goods and services from the BM

Negotiator- A negotiator is a high level goverment diplomat who will be assigned by the General, Negotiators will be given a seperate white arm band and a special ID in addition to their regular team arm band. When wearing a white Arm Band a negotiator is forbidden from carrying any type of weapons. Negotiators have free reign to move anywhere on the battlefield unharrassed, which means if you see a white arm band you can't shoot him. Negotiators can be denied access to any facility or area occupied by enemy forces with the exception of any route into the Black Market. Now if a negotiator is armed you may fire on him. Negotiators may facilitate secure communication with allied generals and purchase goods and services from the BM on behalf of his own General, if a joint purchase is being made, then Both Negotiators must be present.

More information for your consumption.

Smoke- This is gonna sound funny but this is the way it is, White smoke is prohibited If you want to use smoke grenades then you must use colored smoke, we have something special in mind for white smoke so we have to restrict it's use.

Laws and Rockets- You can bring your law launchers but Bootman must inspect it first. We will provide the rockets as to control the amount in play. Once you have fired a rocket it is lost and you must acquire more through the Black Market

Ladies and Gentlemen. The time has come, i will now announce the SPECIAL ABILITIES of each country.

USA. "Rendezvous with destiny".

Anybody familiar with the 101st airborne will know that the units slogan is "Rendezvous with destiny", that and the fact that General Bill Lee is the founder of the 101st. The Americans can deploy upto 16 paratroopers via c47 (the whole rope thing again) anywhere on the battlefield at anytime. While onboard the c47 players cannot shoot or be shot. (Booty is forbidden from piloting)

Britain. "Queens Pounds"

Pounds are of course british money, they are also how Field Artillery used to be rated. Britain will have a big supply of LAWS and Rockets for Field Artillery. They can also purchase more from the Black Market for a heavily discounted price.

Japan "Howa-do"

Howa-do is japanese for "Howard" and it means Exhulted Protector. Japan will be issued a limited number of shields to protect their warriors in battle. Once issued a shield must be returned to the general before it can be issued again and only Jap soldiers can carry them. Any hits on the sheild of course don't count.

Germany

Germany was going to have a tank but since they backed out it had to be changed. Germany now gets mustard gas, We will provide Germany with white smoke grenades (we chose white both because of a price issue and a visibility issue) German soldiers are immune to the gas, however any other player that touches or passes through the gas is eliminated. The number of grenades will be limited so use them wisely. Anybody else throwing white smoke will eliminate themselves and anybody else around them.

13th Demi Brigade: French Foreign Legion

Mercs are highly trained individuals in both combat and field medicine. Mercs can only be killed by head shots.

AAAV- The ARC Amored Assault Vehicle will be made available for rent with Merc troops. The AAAV can only be eliminated by a Law Rocket to the direct front of the vehicle. We provide the tank, Booty's Double trouble in the turret and the Driver. You provide the Gunner and the paint.

Ladies and Gents this is the Official game time. It's locked so it doesn't get lost, It is subject to change but as of now this is the Official schedule, and we will follow it to the second.

8:30 Ref Briefing

9:00 Generals\XO Briefing

9:30 Players Briefing

10:00-1:00 Game On

1:00-2:00 Lunch

2:00-5:00 Game on
Ok, those who were at the world at war know this, but i just realised it was never really explained on here.

This is the way the actual game will work.

Each country has a respawn point that also acts as the Generals HQ, this is essentially a non attack zone, meaning there are no points involved for attacking this area, because people respawn almost instantly theres no sense in it.

Each country will also have a Forward Operating Base that has their countries flag. If an opposing army drops your flag then you lose a bulk sum of points (and no the attacking army cannot run off with the flag) and you continue losing points every 10 minutes until your flag is rehung, and remember 9:59 is not 10 min :ninja:

Now inside the city will be 6 flag stations at various buildings with 4 arm band colored flags, at random intervals these flags will be checked, if your flag is hanging at this time then you get points, it's that simple.

The Center Flag station will have only 2 flags each flag represents your Alliance and not your individual team, if this flag is up then both armies of your alliance get points.

#26 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Hey Militia-Man, I've tried to PM you but haven't heard back. A couple guys ended up having to work this weekend and it looks like there are only going to be 2 MAYYYYBE 3 coming. Sorry if that messes anything up. I am still coming.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users