• You cannot reply to this topic

Flaker's Where have all the paintballer's gone? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mr.Showtime 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mr.Showtime

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

Hi. Are you tired of have those crappy 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 games? I am. Are you also tired of having a bunch of your friends say "Yeah, let's go paint balling." To then reply "Sorry, something came up", or "Oh I just remembered I can't go." Well I am. I am having a birthday this weekend & I wanted to spend it on a paint ball field (gentleman's club came in a close second). I had 10 guys ready to go & that dwindled down to 2 (including me). Not that I have a problem packing up my gear & going on my own, but I hate this :ninja: . Especially after coming back from the best paint ball experience ever Elite Weekend :) (shameless plug) where I received my Elite status (waiting for applause, funny all I hear is a cricket off in the distance :dry: , anyway), that's when the epiphany came. It came in the form of my horoscope:

"Leo (July 22 - August 22)
You may feel like a giant wrecking ball, dear Leo, that is anxious to break down existing structures. Perhaps you are upset by a new development in your town, the political system that runs the country, or the power structure within your own home. Regardless of the exact reasons for wanting to do so, you are certain that change needs to happen in order for progress to be made. Often one must tear down an existing structure before a better one can be built. "

My decision has become either hang it up, or do the "Field of Dreams" you know build it & they will come. My town happens to be the Bronx NY. And for those of you who haven't been hear we have to travel at least an hour & a half to get to a woods ball field. No not Skirmish which is 2 & a half hours away. Sad thing is I consider it my home field.

This brings me to the purpose of beginning this discussion. I intend on using this medium as a buddy locater. For anyone on the forums who is looking for a few good paint ballers, recruit here. Being an Elite weekender (I'm copy-writing that) the thing that is killing me the most is the lack of action :panzer: . I am reaching out to any Brigadiers in the NYC area who want to hit a field on a monthly basis (you gotta start some where) please contact me. :D

P.S. Special mention: To the best group of guys I've played with, Squad 6 ROCKS! Elite weekend 2007. We are all Elite: FAST-N-FURIOUS, FIRE DRAGON, HUFF N PUFF, MR. SHOWTIME, PILOT KILLER, RIGGER, SHORT FUSE, SUICIDE JOCKEY, SXXE, & THIRDI.
"Don't run. You'll only die tired."

#2 User is offline   e-rok 

• The greatest
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:e-rok

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

I think your the only one in NYC that plays paintball bud. Depending on how important PB is to you I suggest relocating. Just kidding.
Here you can have my autograph... Now what are you going to do now that your rich?

Sabre # 121... Ya its official
If you are a christian paintballer add this to your signature

#3 User is offline   GuitarSlave 

• Moutain Bike Racer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GuitarSlave

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:36 PM

oh come on, there's got to be some killer indoor fields in NYC. you might not prefer speedball sometimes you got to take what you can get

#4 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:26 AM

Ahhhhhh, I see that Murphy's Law paid you a lil Visit.

As for your B-day, youre better off hookin up wit a couple of hunnie bunnies and celebrate your bday from that point on.

#5 User is offline   Mr.Showtime 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 26 2007, 04:26 AM, said:

As for your B-day, youre better off hookin up wit a couple of hunnie bunnies and celebrate your bday from that point on.

Oh yes & I'm the one sitting back feeling like Pavlov's dog. Yeah, I dropped the field idea for Saturday & yeah sometimes I do feel like one of the only woodsballers in NYC. I have nothing against indoor/speedball, it's actually great angle practice. I still would rather run around in the elements. I do have one wing man willing to go as often as I do so that's a plus. I also found a filer for a trip down to Skirmish on September. I'm rallying troops for that if anyone is interested. To bad we don't have a field closer. Maybe I should build it. Maybe I could call it Special Ops East. Sounds a little teen titany (yes I know that's not a word).

#6 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:27 PM

I already sobbed about this before but last Saturday I was supposed to play a game with 16 confirmed players it was booked for a solid month game day came and including myself there were three players and we had to cancel. Not one person called to say they couldn't make it they just didn't show. Good luck finding some dedicated people to play with finding a regular group to play with is my personal holy grail of paintball.

#7 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

View PostMr.Showtime, on Jul 26 2007, 04:17 PM, said:

Oh yes & I'm the one sitting back feeling like Pavlov's dog. Yeah, I dropped the field idea for Saturday & yeah sometimes I do feel like one of the only woodsballers in NYC. I have nothing against indoor/speedball, it's actually great angle practice. I still would rather run around in the elements. I do have one wing man willing to go as often as I do so that's a plus. I also found a filer for a trip down to Skirmish on September. I'm rallying troops for that if anyone is interested. To bad we don't have a field closer. Maybe I should build it. Maybe I could call it Special Ops East. Sounds a little teen titany (yes I know that's not a word).

Well, how bout this...invite your female friends to go paintballing?

#8 User is offline   Mr.Showtime 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:36 PM

View PostAaronC, on Jul 26 2007, 08:27 PM, said:

I already sobbed about this before but last Saturday I was supposed to play a game with 16 confirmed players it was booked for a solid month game day came and including myself there were three players and we had to cancel. Not one person called to say they couldn't make it they just didn't show. Good luck finding some dedicated people to play with finding a regular group to play with is my personal holy grail of paintball.

I just got a call from a cousin of mine that plays semi-pro football. He said his coach heard about the paintball stuff I do (sometimes my "lil" cousin comes) ('lil" meaning 6"5 410 lbs), and he would like for me to add the team so they can have fun doing a team building sport besides football. If we can work something out I'll have about 44 guys at my disposal. Holy cow talk about a reversal of fortune.

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 26 2007, 08:56 PM, said:

View PostMr.Showtime, on Jul 26 2007, 04:17 PM, said:

Well, how bout this...invite your female friends to go paintballing?

I actually have a good 8 to 10 females who come to the big trips I setup. We get anywhere between 60 to 80 people down to Skirmish. We use to hold it once a year now we're doing it twice. I'm also working on combining my group with another couple I know to see if we could push it to 120 people, give or take a couple of flaker's of course.

#9 User is offline   Buckfrenzy 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Buckfrenzy

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Isn't it illegal to have a paintball gun on the island? Just a question.

The island of Manhattan...probably should have clarified.

This post has been edited by Buckfrenzy: 26 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

Proud member of Shogun PSP and Jolly Green.
JOLLY GREEN
BUY MY PUMP

#10 User is offline   Mr.Showtime 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

View PostBuckfrenzy, on Jul 26 2007, 09:38 PM, said:

Good question, (it's not a crime if you don't get caught) answer yes, but you can have one as long as it is not black, silver, or painted camo. The police will confiscate your marker on site. The point is "on site". So long as your whipping them out in public (whipping anything out in public is normally frowned upon) & your not a victim of an illegal search (2 words search warrant) you should be ok. This is why it's hard for paintball business's to survive in NY. Your big money sales tend to come from scenario looking markers. How many yellow & purple markers can you sell. Not to mention you can get gear cheaper online.

P.S. Please don't think I'm against law enforcement. A majority of my players & family members are military & law enforcement. God bless those who put their lives on the line for others.

#11 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:16 PM

Why silver?

Fv2
Hello everybody. Im back.

#12 Guest_TM SNPR_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

View PostJK, on Jul 26 2007, 09:16 PM, said:

Why silver?

Fv2

they probably dont want markers that lok like real guns...

#13 User is offline   e-rok 

• The greatest
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:e-rok

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:32 PM

You might have an idea there, if you can find a big enough space to rent out you could make an indoor woodland. You know Disney style with fake trees and what not.
Here you can have my autograph... Now what are you going to do now that your rich?

Sabre # 121... Ya its official
If you are a christian paintballer add this to your signature

#14 User is offline   GuitarSlave 

• Moutain Bike Racer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GuitarSlave

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:59 PM

View PostMr.Showtime, on Jul 26 2007, 06:50 PM, said:

View PostBuckfrenzy, on Jul 26 2007, 09:38 PM, said:

Good question, (it's not a crime if you don't get caught) answer yes, but you can have one as long as it is not black, silver, or painted camo. The police will confiscate your marker on site. The point is "on site". So long as your whipping them out in public (whipping anything out in public is normally frowned upon) & your not a victim of an illegal search (2 words search warrant) you should be ok. This is why it's hard for paintball business's to survive in NY. Your big money sales tend to come from scenario looking markers. How many yellow & purple markers can you sell. Not to mention you can get gear cheaper online.

P.S. Please don't think I'm against law enforcement. A majority of my players & family members are military & law enforcement. God bless those who put their lives on the line for others.

go with pink

..seriously... no one is going to take a pink gun away from you.

#15 User is offline   10-shot kid 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:13 AM

try out cousins of newburg, it's where I used to play and they used to get large groups from the city all the time.
Edward Thomas Cigar: 104 Limestone Plaza Fayettville, the only place with a proper lounge to buy and smoke well kept premium and rare cigars in syracuse.
Cousins paintball: Top of the line tourny and rec. fields and gear http://www.playpaintball.com/

Professional Internet Poster Sponsered by,
Sean "SP marketing dude" Scott: DESTROYER OF SPECIAL OPS 4 EVAH!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users