• You cannot reply to this topic

What do you think Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE ASSET

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

Hey guys what do you think? Before you start bashing, please take this into account-1, yes, I know its brass eagle tiger shark. This was just for fun. 2- This is my first time painting a marker, I know it doesn't look proffesional.3- Yes I hand cut all the stencils out of painters tape. Took about 6 hours.Attached File  012009_1254_00_.jpg (26.06K)
Number of downloads: 40Attached File  012009_1253_00_.jpg (24.43K)
Number of downloads: 31Attached File  012009_1253_01_.jpg (27.3K)
Number of downloads: 36Sorry bout the poor quality pics.
One day, I'm going to run into the woods and never come back! And when I come back, I'm going to be the Knife Master!
If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.
It's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.
If I said something to offend you, I probably meant it.

#2 User is offline   Crenchy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crenchy

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

Looks great to me! Personally i don't have the time nor patience to paint my marker haha

#3 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

Great job, and hand cutting? you're hardcore.
Who flung poo?

#4 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

That was quick, I just replied to you message and told you to post a pic and here it is. You must be a mind reader. :laugh:

Anyways, it looks pretty good. What paint did you use and how well is it adhering to the plastic?

#5 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

looks great!

and btw.....the whole "marker bashing" thing drives me nuts. who cares what brand you use? if you pull the trigger....the paint flies, people yell "hit!"....it works!

its why i havent shown my whole collection, dont want the argument.

#6 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:35 AM

Weigel, I used Krylon ultra flat camo in khaki, olive, brown, black. As far as paint adhesion, I sanded and cleaned everything first, and it seems to be holding really well. Haven't tested it with a paint hit yet though.
Niceguy, thats a good point, but you know theres alot of anti-brass eagle paintballers out there. I really don't mind if someone doesn't like it, I just wanted people to know the facts before they comment.
One day, I'm going to run into the woods and never come back! And when I come back, I'm going to be the Knife Master!
It's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.

#7 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

true that, but why should you have to explain yourself at all?

its just like all the Ford vs Chevy vehicle preferences out there.......someone will always disagree.

#8 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

Even better point Niceguy. I guess I try to give info so people can make informed decisions, so they won't look like total idiots when they comment. Or maybe so they will look like idiods when I go back and show them the facts lol. I suppose its just my personality, since I'm pretty unbiased about most things.

#9 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:51 AM

Looks good to me, especially for a first try. I've been thinking of getting into the custom painting thing myself, and seeing all the people on here who do it makes me want to even more. :P

And I have no problem with Brass Eagle, I own 2 Stingray I's. I have to agree with Niceguy74. Not everyone can afford a DM9 or ATS, and picking on the poor guy who's toting a 'Blade or something is a good way to drive people away from the sport.

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Nom Carver 

• My browser PWNS yours!!!
  • PipPip

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:21 AM

BRASS EAGLE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks really good not just for a first time, but in general it looks really good, especially since you hand cut the stencils.
(\__,,
( x x) <--- This is Bunny if I see him in one more signature...
(")_ -==(")
Dear Tippmann, Clamshells suck. Signed, Friggin everybody - F-3
feedback My How to paint snakeskin how-to; OMG!!!

#11 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

The paint job quality is great... the pic quality sucks :ghillie:

Seriously though, I think you did a great job. As long as you prepped it well enough that paint should hold up very well. I used the same stuff & have had plenty of marker hits since, but the buildings & trees have been the worst offenders. Even w/ the few nicks & scrapes the paint is in very good condition. You may want to consider hitting it w/ a couple coats of clearcoat to seal the paint finish.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#12 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:54 PM

Looks very nice, and very good job with all the hand-cutting. Nothing to be ashamed of there at all- if the marker works for you, and you like it and can use it well- more power to you. Besides, nothing beats taking out someone with a $1,200 marker and seeing the look on their face when they realize it was a "cheap" marker or a pump that did it.

As I've said about a million times: The player makes the gun; the gun does not make the player.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#13 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hey Bear! I'm not poor! j/k I know what you mean. I give everyone a chance so I won't be the idiot in the "dead box" after makin fun of a guy with a $20 marker.(seen it happen) It's good to hear the paint should last a while, but it was so cheap to do, I might re-do it every month or two. And yeah violator I havent played with this marker yet, but I can't wait to get that first "kill" with my budget-got-bored-just-for-the-heck-of-it BE. (this isn't my primary marker)

#14 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

What does your arsenal consist of lowrider4lyfe?

#15 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

Just this BE and a 98c, with some mods. I've had the tippmann for a while and have been really happy with it, so I havent seriously looked into buying anything else. That, and having the responsibility of a house, a couple cars, a 4 year old, and a wife, who only works part time, but goes to school full time. But, I am thinking of picking up something with auto capabilities, cause it feels good to rip some full-auto every once in a while.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users